Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 30 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:35 PM | Locked

Linda:
 I have a daughter-in-law who works just as hard because my idiot son hasn't paid child support in over 3 years. She lives in California. As long as he stays in Ohio not much will be done. I think they should go after him with a federal warrant.

Was the divorce granted in California or Ohio?  The state that granted the divorce takes precedence in these cases.  My daughter lives in Nevada and was granted the divorce in Nevada.  Her ex moved to California thinking he could escape the child support.  She went to the local District Attorney here in Nevada who filed the child support papers in California with the D.A. in his jurisdiction.  The papers were then filed with his employers who have been withholding 25% of his paycheck and direct depositing into his account.  He won't be caught up for a while, but at least she is now getting some money.

If your DIL is in California and the divorce was granted in California, she should go to the DA in the jurisdiction of the court that granted the divorce and file the papers.  California will file it with Ohio to get his wages garnished.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:36 PM | Locked

Marie, honey pack your bag, im not sure you would be the first cougar, but certainly the most memorable.:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:40 AM | Locked

Sorry about the mail you received Is.  Those unexpected reminders of a lost loved one can be difficult.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:47 AM | Locked

I worked a little later than usual today, called DH at 5 to tell him I would be home after shopping.  Got home , no DH.  His truck and work trailer was gone, so I knew he had gone to do something, but I expected him to come home.  After 11 pm, I started getting very worried, especially when I found his travel case and tooth brush were still here.  So I called him.  He was in Wenatchee to get an early start on a job tomorrow.  He's done that before, but he usually remembers to tell me.  Silly man.  My previous husband didn't come home one day, there had been an accident.  So I tend to worry if DH doesn't come home when I expect him. 

Well, it's very late.  I need to get some sleep. Good night all!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:45 AM | Locked

Karla:

Linda:
 I have a daughter-in-law who works just as hard because my idiot son hasn't paid child support in over 3 years. She lives in California. As long as he stays in Ohio not much will be done. I think they should go after him with a federal warrant.

Was the divorce granted in California or Ohio?  The state that granted the divorce takes precedence in these cases.  My daughter lives in Nevada and was granted the divorce in Nevada.  Her ex moved to California thinking he could escape the child support.  She went to the local District Attorney here in Nevada who filed the child support papers in California with the D.A. in his jurisdiction.  The papers were then filed with his employers who have been withholding 25% of his paycheck and direct depositing into his account.  He won't be caught up for a while, but at least she is now getting some money.

If your DIL is in California and the divorce was granted in California, she should go to the DA in the jurisdiction of the court that granted the divorce and file the papers.  California will file it with Ohio to get his wages garnished.

It was granted in California. So far they won't do anything unless he steps one foot into California. And he is self-employed and he lies about his income...a trick learned from his father,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:15 AM | Locked

Julienne:

didash:

Julienne:

Hi Everyone, 

I have been really busy being sick and trying to pack for the move. I am trying to pack smartly this time. Instead of just doing it quickly and thinking oh I will just go through it later,  I am purging now and packing. Taking more time but you know how it goes.

I'm doing the same with our packing, Julianne...so I know where you are coming from.  Each time I moved I said, "I'll go through this box later"...Of course later never came...so now I'm doing my penance for over 40 years of being a pack rat!  Sure does make the packing/moving process much slower!

When is your move date?? Ours is the middle of Sept.  I think the rest of August is literally going to FLY by with so much to do.  Thankfully, I no longer have migraines since retiring.  I can't imagine doing this job with migraines!!!

Take it easy...remember to allow yourself time to rest.  You're worth it :)

Our move date I hope is in the next two weeks. And does seem to fly by, I tire easy and it is hard, but I push through and rest when I can. When Df thinks I have had enough he makes me stop and rest, so that helps too.  Thank you for thinking about me. 

On another subject...I have been reading these other posts on dead beat dads basically if you will excuse the term. I debated on interjecting or not. I am on Social Security Disibility and because my youngest son decided to finish school where his father lives he gets dependant benefits of over 800 a month from my dependant benefits. I am suppose to see my son. But my ex has turn him against me and I have not seen him since 2009. But he sure make sure he collects those $856  checks every month and he will get them until he turns 18. I however do not have the money anymore to keep taking him to court to see my child. So he is just as much a loser. 

Trust me not only does my son not pay child support, he tried to take me to court to take away my grandparent rights. His reason: I was in a car accident and suffered brain trauma and refused to go into a assisted living so I'm not in my right mind so how can he trust me with his children. The judge laughed him out of court.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

I'm off for day 3 of MN Shop Hopping.  I'm glad this is the last day that we are running about.  I'm starting to dream about shop hops and I'd rather dream about sewing!

42 degrees here this morning.  I don't think the tomatoes are going to ripen very well at those temps!  Angele, are you getting frost?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,469
Points 50,055
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

Patti,  Thank the Lord that your husband was safe.  These men who forget that we can't always read their minds.  Hope you had a restful sleep after being assured he  was safe.    Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 6,745
didash replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Looking for some ideas....here's my dilemma:

Got the Strata Star Table Topper pattern (also called Crazy Eights)...got the strips sewn together early last week.  Went to get the pattern out to cut the triangles...of course with all the sorting and packing going on here, I can't find the pattern :(  (probably already packed somewhere)... The problem is I NEED to get this finished by tomorrow for a gift so I don't have time to order another pattern :(   Does anyone have the pattern that could tell me the sizes to cut the triangles????  Thanks in advance!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,631
Points 36,945
ls2116 replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:41 AM | Locked

This morning I brought down my winter clothes from storage for change in our weather.  making returns on some clothes i recently purchased for trip so its back to drawing board for me.  In my run today I'll just have to stop by a quilt shop how convenient more fun.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Is I am after a favour. I am sure you mentioned you had the quilting guide to shops recently. I am going to Florida in November, Key West, Miami and Orlando. Can you possibly send me a list of quilt shops in those areas and near vicinity so I can plan a few sneaky detours? Thank you

Sorry you had that horrible mail, it does give you an awful jolt doesn't it? Dad died 12 months ago and we got a letter  2 weeks ago asking if the last delivery of incontinence  pads was on time. We only ever had 1delivery and that was it. The letter was from the health authority I was going to ring and complain but decided not to as I would be the one that got upset and they wouldn't care! 

Xx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 6,745
didash replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

Not sure about Miami and Orlando...but there is 1 quilt shop in Key West - The Seam Shoppe in Truman Ave.  Very small shop and limited fabric.  Quilters/seamstresses also purchase fabric at Ben Franklin (also on Truman Ave.) or else go to Miami or ????

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Julienne,

You are getting it from both sides.  I am so sorry.  In NY State you also would have to pay an additional 17% of YOUR social security.  It is absolutely absurd.  I have always thought that if they are in violation of court ordered parenting plans the support should stop.  But that would be a total fiasco in most cases.   If he is going to college he can continue to collect the money until he is 21.  But when he turns 18 the money will come in his name.  I get so angry and frustrated for all the parents out there, single parents, that are getting so screwed by the ignorance and selfishness of the other.

In NY you would be eligible for a public defender.  Is that an option in your state for you to fight for your visitation? Or is it even worth it. . .

I will keep on praying for you.

jan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

Linda,

You are lucky you live in a state with grandparents rights.  DH and I raised our granddaughter including FULL custody for 4 out of her first 7 years of life. The ex petitioned the courts for us not to be allowed to even see her.  The judge told us to get a lawyer and cross petition.  She said get a GOOD lawyer.  A couple of lawyers we talked to steered us away from themselves because in NY grandparents have NO rights.  The only way we got any visitation etc is because we payed outrageously for not only the attorney but for "expert witnesses" from the grandparents rights coalition of NY to testify that since he had placed her with us twice it would be cruel and unusual punishment for her to be taken away from us.  The attorney said the only reason the judge finally turned to us was because of that testimony.  What is this world coming to when we can help our children and can't even have the right to see theirs.

As it has turned out, she has been living with us again since 16 months after that decision. She is 15  and has lived with us 10 of those years. And by law we have no rights?!?

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

Lesley:
I am going to Florida in November, Key West, Miami and Orlando. Can you possibly send me a list of quilt shops in those areas and near vicinity so I can plan a few sneaky detours?

Lesley, if you go to the home page here on QCA, look on the left hand side under Resources, there is a quiltshop locator. I don't have any phone to download the app, but I click on the view it online link. Hope that helps.

Page 30 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use