Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 28 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:12 AM | Locked

I went to the Grand Rapids show a few years ago and it was great. This weekend I will be celebrating friends 25th anniversary and picking up my son in Winnipeg. He'll be home for a week. This will be great. The next weekend will be our dear friend's son's wedding and then back to school, work and routine.  Can't believe how fast this summer has gone by.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

Is that is a nice sewing box. I have a recent model, plain no details like that one.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:17 AM | Locked

Patti and Donna, 

...I'm becoming more convinced that there is no perfect place to live.  Wildfires and mudslides, eh?  Maybe our heat, humidity, and insects in summer and never-ending winters aren't so bad.  Actually, this summer has been delightfully cool and the deer fly not nearly as pesty as normal, so with all the climate change going on, maybe mid-Minnesota will be the new wonderland.  

Stay safe!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

Is--beautiful box!  What a find!  I have my great granny's round sewing box, but it's pretty beat up.  It was well loved and well used.

Linda--I will share my granddaughters with you!  They are the huggiest little girls I have ever been around!  And they are rarely shy about who they hug.  They have no concept of stranger danger.  They think that if someone talks to them, that makes them a friend.  It's a bit scary when we are out and they strike up conversations with random people, even if it's a bit funny at the same time.

Not much sewing being done right now on my end.  Just don't seem to have it in me...and I have tons that needs to be done--HST swap, blue/white star swap, RR block, some alterations I agreed to for a co-worker...and then the quilts I'm TRYING to get done.  I just need a couple days of motivated sewing...

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
...I'm becoming more convinced that there is no perfect place to live.

I think where Donna, Marge and I live is as close to heaven as it gets.  Lots of elbow room, and wild life.  However, you can keep that skunk that ran by the house the other day.   As for fires and slides, if one takes precautions the danger is reduced.  Usually there is time to escape if need be.  Now, I think those who live where there are tornadoes have it bad.  No warning.  I'd build an underground concrete bunker to run to in the day, and to sleep in at night.  And I'll take our mosquitoes over your flies any day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

Hi, All. Mostly lurking lately

Been busy sewing and post card making.

Sure has been a scary summer, weather-wise for so much of these United States. Hope it all ends soon.

Karla, you mentioning the smoke from a CA fire, reminds me of when Mt. St. Helen's erupted. We lived in Northeastern Nevada, and, our roads turned white with the ash! One of the teachers at the grammar school, collected some in a jar for the classes to see int he future.  It was coming down like a hard rain!  

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:15 AM | Locked

Patti:

MNnancy:

I think where Donna, Marge and I live is as close to heaven as it gets.  Lots of elbow room, and wild life.  However, you can keep that skunk that ran by the house the other day.   As for fires and slides, if one takes precautions the danger is reduced.  Usually there is time to escape if need be.  Now, I think those who live where there are tornadoes have it bad.  No warning.  I'd build an underground concrete bunker to run to in the day, and to sleep in at night.  And I'll take our mosquitoes over your flies any day.

Im sorry Patti, i hate to argue with you but i have heaven where i am no tornadoes, earth quakes, mud slides, fires, no skunks, no poisoness spiders, only one poisoness snake (and very few people have seen it, I have they are wonderful), I live 5 mins from the country, 10 mins from the town best of both worlds, winters not too severe, summers not too severe and a fair bit of rain to make it a green and pleasant land.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

Don't think I'm making it to the grand rapids show with going to minn. in sept.  I'm off to a late start on my day just checking in.  Pinning my baby quilt today and had a idea of embossing with either directions N. S. E. W. in border or tree star any body undertand this its the one i'm calling baby navajo.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Hi Everyone, 

I have been really busy being sick and trying to pack for the move. I am trying to pack smartly this time. Instead of just doing it quickly and thinking oh I will just go through it later,  I am purging now and packing. Taking more time but you know how it goes.

Some of you know I was recently DX with an extremely rare disorder. It is called Hemiplegic Migraine. There is a website for it called www.hemiplegicmigraine.org that has a tab called what is HM. That explains just a bit. You could google it as well if you are interested. This goes along with the other DX I have, but Finally I have been taking off the wrong meds and put on the right ones for this problem.  Getting used to them is another story....I have gained a bit of weight from them and was asked this past Sunday when "my Blessed bundled of joy" would be arriving. I think I need to figure out how to lose some of the weight gain from it LOL.   And it wasnt even that much gained.   It was however a good laugh for DF and myself. To think I am still young enough to have them made me feel good.  I think my DD would fall over and conk her head if she had a new brother or sister now at her age (23) LOL.

I have been lurking the pages to see what is going on. And I should be back into full swing in about 3 weeks. 

Please keep in touch. PM me if you do not see me for a while. I do try to get on every day for a little bit. 

xoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Well, we do live in heaven,  occasional snowy winter is the only hiccup here, and I love the snow.  We don't have even one poisonous snakes, and if you have a lot of swallow condos out, the Mosquitos are few and far between.  I haven't seen any this year.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,005
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:05 AM | Locked

But Gini, I just read that there are raging wild fires in Mid Idaho right now.     Wha's up with that?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,005
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Don't have any suggestions for it,  but that quilt certainly is pretty.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:30 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,  Got to the Adirondacks last night after two days and 950 miles tired but safe.  

Tell you about further excursions later.

DIANA IN EAST TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Frances:

Patti:

MNnancy:

Im sorry Patti, i hate to argue with you but i have heaven where i am no tornadoes, earth quakes, mud slides, fires, no skunks, no poisoness spiders, only one poisoness snake (and very few people have seen it, I have they are wonderful), I live 5 mins from the country, 10 mins from the town best of both worlds, winters not too severe, summers not too severe and a fair bit of rain to make it a green and pleasant land.

lots of love

Francesxx

Patti, you forgot to mention the bears, cougars and even wolves lurking around our wilderness...LOL!  But seriously, they are rarely seen and even more rarely bother people or animals.  Both Patti and I really appreciate having nature and wildlife around us...even if it does mean more bugs in the house sometimes (ugh).  

Frances, I spent about 30 years living in the Seattle area which is a very temperate climate much like England's and with roughly the same volume of people. Sorry, but personally I couldn't wait to get away from the hum of traffic and city life to a place with some fresh air and space to breath.  And, even more importantly to live in a "community" again!  (Where people are not afraid to say hello to strangers.)

Great Britain is a beautiful place and you are lucky to be in an ideal setting there.  But being in the USA, as Patti said, I would take the wildfires (where you can be prepared and have warning) and the occasional mudslide (in the mountains - not near our homes) any day over tornadoes & hurricanes (with little or no warning).

Now earthquakes, I confess, are another story!  They still cannot predict earthquakes and they can be very scary.  I've lived through 3 major ones in Portland, OR (1948), and Seattle (April 1965 & February 2001) and countless minor quakes - and I remember each major one very distinctly.  There are still minor fault lines where Patti, Marge, and I live but they're not prone to the big quakes that happen on the coast.  So, honestly I do feel safer here.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

Karla,

We are fortunate that the jerk only gets her one week at a time.  But the rest of it is VERY similar.  Every time he gets almost caught up with child support he quits his job. Does just enough work under the table to pay his bills. But NY is pretty on top of it.  She gets his tax checks every year.  Infuriates him every time it happens. But if anyone is behind the first of September by over $100 they get flagged for Mom to get the arrears in taxes.  He is a school bus driver. This will be the 11th year in a row.

And since my daughter is not physically capable of working more than she does, they live with us and we are "paying the child support". 

Dear Linda, How awful for those sons not to pamper you with your beloved little ones.  Grandparents are what make the world wonderful for the children.

Jan

Page 28 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use