Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 21 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

I would use med to dark,orange thread.or i like varigated orange, my personal,favorite. I would do something on yourbcorner pieces , SID over borders, a medium meander in oragebinside border and larger meander on inside panel. 

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

Beth

I would us a rusty orange or even a variegated orange with the darker orange tones.  I use lots of variegated threads with my quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

i'd do orange to cranberry I think.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 10:51 PM | Locked

Pretty quilt, Beth!  How smart of you to get a Thanksgiving wallhanging done now.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

What Gini said.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Beth, yet again, you knocked it out of the park. This is beautiful.

So frustrated today. Made the front of a post card yesterday with 2" HST's. I HATE those blocks. Quilters have tried their best to show me HOPW to do that but, I just do not get it. They come out all wonky. Anyway, I started doing the decorative edge sewing. Thread kept hanging up under the sole plate. Tired twice, still happening. I think it is the thin paper I used for the back. Anyway, I took off the sole plate twice cleaned it out. DH got involved. What WAS I thinking?!?!  I showed him that there was a piece locking the bobbin housing just a bit. Oh, no, says he. The bobbin housing is supposed to move that much. Why oh why did I listen to him. So, when I went back to sewing, kept hearing the thing click as it blocked the movement. So, stopped and took everything apart AGAIN, and low and behold, I had broken off part of the offended piece. Now, I called Pam. She closes her shop tomorrow forever. She said there was no way she could look at it, too busy. BUt, there are two Brother dealers I can now use. One an hour and a half in one direction and one an hour and a half in the other direction. She knew full well two weeks before hse announced she was closing, when she sold me my machine, that not only would no one be available to work on this machine, but she also did not discount this to the sale price. I am so glad to see the last of her. Had I known she was closing, I would have gone to a Janome as there are two Janome repair people in them thar hills. I would not have had to travel halfway across GA to have work maintenance done. Why do people do that to you?!? Two weeks after I bought my machine, she discounted the price by $200.00. I asked if you would consider refunding the difference since I had just bought it. She said no way.

Have 7 post cards to do. I have been chewing nails for about two hours and am just totally worn out. Will take one of my Valium here in a minute. Then, DH, bless him, said why don't I tell Marie that I need to "borrow" back my little machine. Well, DUH! So, called her and she is busy, busy. So, will get it Sunday. She will bring it to church with her. Will spend the rest of today, and tomorrow, trying to bring order to that messy sewing room.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

I'm functioning on about 3 hrs sleep last night .  started working on my computer and found my quilt programs were like gone just had to reload and redesign but i think what happened my baby navajo was done on design wizard rather than eq7 but so much on all that.  I guess thats what happens when more than one person uses your computer.  Waiting for phone call on my car repair.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:31 PM | Locked

My SIL just "ran into" Justin Bieber at the Panera in Roswell. She is all jazzed. WHY?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I agree.  Why?

Oh, well, I guess celebrity sightings are not that common in the heartland of America.

- - - - -

Edit: Well, New Mexico is not really considered one of the "Heartland" states, but it's not Hollywood either.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:51 PM | Locked

Gini, how is your dad doing now that he's back home?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 4:59 PM | Locked

While waiting for the last couple of blocks for Marge's quilt, I managed to get another row done for my Jewel Box quilt.  I'm not really happy with my points (i.e. some of them certainly don't match), but right now, I just want it done and out of the way.  I was just planning on using this one to practice some quilting on, so it will just stay around the house.

I also made 9 half pint jars of plum jam (the other has been plum jelly) and this is quite a bit quicker because you just have to grind up the plums, not juice them.  I've been trying to make one batch of something every morning so I'm not so exhausted at the end of the day that I don't want to sew.

I'm also making my self (hah! like that's a problem) sit down and sew for an hour or two when I first get up.  At least this way I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Oh, well, I guess celebrity sightings are not that common in the heartland of America.

isn't missouri heartland, sam sees old famous people there all the time. 

dad is doing great.   they sent him home monday, everything is working.    he's bummed because he was just getting all his strength back from the last surgery, and here he is again.   i told him this time he won't be sick the whole time and for ever after now that his problem is gone.  and he has lost 50+ pounds.    

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Hi gang,   Today has been busy.  Took DH to VA hospital for CT scan and scope after his 8 weeks of chemo.  He got a clean bill of health.   Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Now, we're packing to head to the Adirondacks to see family.  It's been a year since we have been there and 7 months since his Dad passed and he wants to see his Mom.  It will be hard for her because DH is the spitting image of his Dad.  

We got the van all set with new battery, tires and oil change.  Have to shop tomorrow for traveling snacks.  Finish laundry tomorrow too.  Got to get busy.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:56 PM | Locked

Gini, so glad your dad is doing well.

Diana, congrats to your Dh. That is awesome. Have a safe trip.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Just wanted to pop in and say Thank you for all your ideas on how to quilt the wall hanging!! Hubby went down to Southern Ohio to help his friend set up for deer camp (he'll be gone most of November hunting and hopefully lots of venison for the freezer :))) , so I'm praying for some quiet quilting time after I get the house cleaned!!! Diane, so happy to hear the good news about your DH's Chemo, and safe travels!!! Is, praying for your nephew, Gini so glad your dad is home...50+ pounds is such a feat..hopefully his strength will come back soon! And Sukochi...the Beiber thing?? I think their all crazy...just another young popstar that will fade over time :) Nancy, Shop hop sounds fun,,,just hide the credit card statement , in a few months you can blame it on Christmas teehee! Karla, glad to see you're getting to the end of the plums and stealing moments to quilt :)! As for me, I'm going to go finish the cleaning so I can quilt with a clear conscious!! 

Page 21 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use