Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 19 of 221 (3302 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,301 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:43 PM

Angele:
Did you make it to Roseau too?  There is quite some distance to cover between all the shops.

Angele, today we did the Central East section which included the Duluth area.  Lake Superior was beautiful on such a sunny day!  It was another 12-hour day which only got us to 8 shop with all the distance in between.  Spent much more time in the car than we did inside the shops, but it's fun girl-time.  I hope you can make it next year!  Need to get Debbie from the Twin Cities out on one of these, too!  We were almost going to do a bus trip together, but those get so costly with the overnight stays.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:45 PM

Debbi good lookin family.  I know you must be proud of them.  Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:48 PM

Joyce:
nancy your stash should be well supplied after the shop hops.  I've never done one but would like to try it.  Have fun.

My stash is looking good, but DH will hit the ceiling next time he looks at the credit card statement.  Let's just say that this MUST be the last quilt shopping that I do at least until the Oregon retreat in October.  Oh, errr, we do have one more shop hop day coming up next week in order to qualify for the $500 prize.  I'm sure I can travel to 8 more shops without spending any more money...

(....not!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:48 PM

Hey ladies if they aren't perfect you will have a new pattern the leaning tower of log cabins.  My daughter always tells me the mistakes are what makes my quilts special.  Now I think she is buttering me up for a new one.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:50 PM

Nancy look how happy your DH will be when you win that $500 prize.  You can take him on vacation.  Or at least pay the credit bill and not feel guilty when you use all that new stuff.  Have fun.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:52 PM

Oh, ha, ha, the $500 is a gift certificate to a quilt shop!  More shopping!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:57 PM

Oh my joyce i'm praying so hard for everyone now this year sure has been a rollercoaster for some of us.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:23 AM

Sending good thoughts and prayers for all of my quilting sisters...this seems to be a very bad year for the group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 3:28 AM

Prayers going up for everyone.  It seems like all of us have something going wrong in our lives.  Big hugs for all my quilty sisters.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:05 AM

Adding my prayers as well...can't have too many :)

As for me...I truely believe that God will not give me anything to deal with that I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:10 AM

Sukochi (hope I spelled that right!) -

Add me as a friend...I have a hot air balloon block pattern I can send you if that will help with your postcard.

I also have LOTS of hot air balloon fabric (since DH and I are both pilots)...I could fussy cut some balloons and send them to you....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:25 AM

Oh IS, how terrible for your nephew.  That is a pretty young age to be having a stroke.  Hopefully, he will come out of this on a positive note with no major lingering deficits.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:28 AM

That is one thing I miss on my Babylock too.  I have an extra spool holder, but it is not oriented vertically , it is horizontal.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:29 AM

Rained last night, stopped, more rain coming today. this is SO crazy. There is rain in the forecast for 10 more days, without a break. They said this time, our end of the county was the worst hit. There were 10 roads closed due to flooding yesterday. Some won't be open again for weeks.  The County below us got hit just as hard. The Dept. of Ag was called in to save livestock. The swift water rescue was called in to rescue a man from his home. It is just amazing.

On board for today is piecing on the baby quilt. Gotta get that done, for sure.

Yesterday, we talked of worry about a financial problem that has reared it's ugly head. Last night, both of our devotionals spoke of worry and God's plan for us. He put a solution in front of us. We are blessed.

Prayers to all, need them or not. Have great day.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:20 AM

Check out this forecast!!

Today Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 2pm and 3pm, then showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 83. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Why not just leave it at  Today showers and thunderstorms likely!!

Sukochi

Page 19 of 221 (3302 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use