Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 17 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,878
Points 40,520
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

I'm just so tired today can't seem to shake it, must be the weather.  That and the fact that squaring up log cabin blocks for assembly went all wrong by squaring the center of the the block my outer edges went on slant by alot poor baby that gets this one.  just discouraged .  I think I'm gonna sleep the cloudy day away.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

I found squaring up my log cabin the most tedious part of that quilt...I had to square it up after every row or two...My first two blocks (which I didn't square up until the last row) did not go into the quilt.  They not only were wonky, but were much smaller than the rest of them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Diane,  I've never oiled my walking foot.  I've had it for 15 years.  Is the foot secure?  Is there any kind of screw loose or missing?  Just trying  to come up with ideas.  Hope you find what is wrong soon.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

Karla:
and now, gee whiz, it's 4 pm and time to start thinking about dinner.  Will I ever get the sewing area cleaned up?  Probably not today.

Gee wiz Karla,

We are like two peas in a pod.  That is how my days go too. Sometimes I feel that I never get what I started out to do done.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

ls2116:

I'm just so tired today can't seem to shake it, must be the weather.  That and the fact that squaring up log cabin blocks for assembly went all wrong by squaring the center of the the block my outer edges went on slant by alot poor baby that gets this one.  just discouraged .  I think I'm gonna sleep the cloudy day away.

When making a log cabin block it is all about the correctly exact 1/4 inch seam allowance. Measure from each seam from the beginning of the block, to make sure the seam allowance stays true.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Gini, glad dads home, will continue my prayers for all of you.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 33,105
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Karla:

I found squaring up my log cabin the most tedious part of that quilt...I had to square it up after every row or two...My first two blocks (which I didn't square up until the last row) did not go into the quilt.  They not only were wonky, but were much smaller than the rest of them.

Karla, I found I had to do that too on my log cabin. ...

I have now started squaring up at every step, especially when I am sewing with precut Jelly Roll strips. I found that many of them were not the exact 2-1/2" width. Imagine that?! LOL!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 33,105
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

Oh, I did upgrade to IE 10. Hate it. It sends me every single post made here. I have hundreds of emails. So, went in and shut off the emails, from the group Will just log in and check them ever day. Or, the ones I like to read, anyway. What ever happened "simple" on the internet?. I am finding that upgrades aren't better.

I know several others who just sign on daily and check the boards. I didn't realize it was an IE10 thing though. Makes me grateful for my Mac and Safari! ... I agree with you that I thought upgrades were to make things simpler! What do we know?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Sukochi:

Oh, I did upgrade to IE 10. Hate it. It sends me every single post made here. I have hundreds of emails. So, went in and shut off the emails, from the group Will just log in and check them ever day. Or, the ones I like to read, anyway. What ever happened "simple" on the internet?. I am finding that upgrades aren't better.

I know several others who just sign on daily and check the boards. I didn't realize it was an IE10 thing though. Makes me grateful for my Mac and Safari! ... I agree with you that I thought upgrades were to make things simpler! What do we know?

Roxana and Sukochi, I just switched to Safari for Windows 7 and I love it, there are things I have to switch back to Firefox for tho, but not much. I think only 2 site that I use, but other then that I love it. I don't use IE for anything. I stopped usinng it years ago. As a computer geek it was just my job to know this information. 

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

Had a great annivrrsary yesterday.  went out to eat with whole family, except DS who couldn't did to come from CO because had to work. but all 7 grandh

Kids were there.  Taylor, 16.5; Crysta, 16; Cody, 14.5; Reily, 11; caiden, 7; Oli, 3 and little 10 month old Niles.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Gini

Glad that Dad made it home   Hope Mom doesn't try to do too much.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,878
Points 40,520
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:27 PM | Locked

Thanks for knowledge .  In future log cabins I wont wait til the last row to square it.  Don't want to trash it now because its not perfect so i'll complete it but at the rate i'm going I will never get any quilting award.  Making quilts though isn't about getting awards though.  Its because we love to create them,  at least that goes for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

Debbie, looks like a happy happy happy time was had by all.

Special day. researching my 3rd great grandfather and found his pension application from my 3rd great grandmother. THEN, went to the clerk of court office and found a family deed from 1838! Wow!  Was having a great time doing research at the Library and was so busy, when in walks the hubs and says, " How are things coming? How about going to the DQ for ice cream and then home?!" I knew I should have left him at home.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

Debbie, looks like a happy happy happy time was had by all.

Special day. researching my 3rd great grandfather and found his pension application from my 3rd great grandmother. THEN, went to the clerk of court office and found a family deed from 1838! Wow!  Was having a great time doing research at the Library and was so busy, when in walks the hubs and says, " How are things coming? How about going to the DQ for ice cream and then home?!" I knew I should have left him at home.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:35 PM | Locked

I don't  bother to square up my log cabins,  I figure there are enough seams that they will come out square in the end, and so far it has worked.

gini in north idaho

Page 17 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use