Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 14 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:12 AM | Locked

Sounds like a grand time was had by all.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Debbie, congrats on your 41st wedding anniversary and many many more!  Have a wonderful day with your family, that's what it's all about.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Congratulations xx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

Congrats, Debbie!

I am at work today...suffering.  I have a broken tooth (back molar).  It's been broken for a couple years.  But this weekend, I broke another piece off it.  So, the air is getting to the nerve and it sure doesn't feel good1  I have to try to get into the dentist so that they can get the whole thing out of my mouth.  I'm a bit worried that the filling is going to fall out before I can get in and then I'll have an exposed root.  Ugh...so not up for this right now!  I don't even know if they will be able to pull it--I may have to have it cut out.  That's what has had to happen with all the other teeth I have had removed. 

No sewing yet...just didn't have the energy to sit at my machine.  Headache finally broke!!!  So, maybe tonight I can get the block done for Marge's top.  I am hoping so! 

It's month end, and all my payrolls are due tomorrow as well, so I guess I'd better get back to it.  Ugh...just ugh today.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Patti:

Now there is another fire, about 4 miles away as the crow flies, a single tree top has burst into flames on the top of a butte, and looks like a big candle.  The trees up there are not close together, so perhaps it will remain contained.  The heavy rain apparently subdued it when lightning first stuck, but it's come awake now.   DNR is "watching it."  It is not accessible by road. 

Donna, it's near Smith Lake if you know where that is.  South of 20.

Yesterday was a very exciting (and noisy) day!  Glad you are doing OK Patti.  I was thinking of you!!!

There was a lightning strike at Sunny Pines Farm (goat cheese farm) on Twisp River Rd.  They lost two out-buildings but all animals were A-OK.  (This is about 10 miles from Marge P's and 20 miles from my house.)

There is also a smoldering fire near Mazama (Little Boulder Creek) being watched by Lightning Bill at Goat Peak Lookout. (This fire is about 10 miles from my house.)  That is all I am aware of right now, but there definitely could be more...just smoldering but not smoking enough yet to be noticed by the lookout, fly-by's or neighbors.

Our dog is very anxious about thunderstorms.  She pants, shakes, grinds her teeth, barks...and is just miserable during these storms.  We finally resorted last week to buying a "ThunderJacket" for her.  It's based on the swaddling concept...feeling more secure with a snug wrap.  So far, it has helped...a little.  She isn't AS stressed, but is still not relaxed.  The product website says to give it 3-4 storms for a good trial...so we will hang in there.  The website also suggested playing music (classical recommended) and that really seemed to help her!  So now, whenever we have a storm all the blinds are closed (so she can't see the lightening) and we play Wagner and Tchaikovsky.  Oh what we do for our fur-babies!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

I am glad that you guys living in the fire prone areas are on your tippy toes regarding the fires and possibilities around you-- and for keeping your furbabies comfortable too.  I just sit here in Michigan and worry about your safety.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

Oh Susie!   Feel better soon.  That tooth doesn't sound like fun at all.    Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,080
didash replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

OK...what the devil is wrong with my walking foot????  It's jumping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean...and I have 3 quilts to finish quilting!!!  It's almost like the needle is pulling it up as it raises...but checked installation...changed needle... cleaned machine...and it's still doing it~not every stitch, but enough that I finally had to stop and see if anyone could tell me what's likely the problem....any ideas?????

Not a happy camper at the moment...too busy for this nonsense.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:35 PM | Locked

Oh Nancy, lucky you! I'm hoping to be able to go to some of the shops, but I'm not sure. Things are kinda busy.  Three more weeks and we will be back at school with students. I wish you tons of fun. I know when I did the shop hop I had a blast. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Happy anniversary Debbie. Have fun and enjoy your family.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

Gini, I hope your Dad made it home today. As for seeing his heinie, I too had the pleasure of that experience with both Mom and Dad after surgeries. It was something I never thought I would experience, but you gotta do what you gotta do! I will keep them in my prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Nancy

I know that you and Terri will have so much fun.   Good luck on the door prize.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

Sprinkle 1/2 -1cup of epsom salts around bottom of plant, be sure to water before and after application.  Really brings on the blooms.

Ginny:

Your hydrangeas are beautiful, Sukochi.  The one hydrangea that I have that is pink has not produced a single bloom this year.  I just don't know why.  Guess it doesn't want the deer to nibble on it.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Got a bunch more hydrangeas. They just don't stop coming. But, everything else is gone due to too much rain. Go figure.

Sukochi

Is that a Twist and Shout in pink at the top?    I love my twist and shout, planted it in front of barn, just keeps on blooming

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:56 PM | Locked

I just got a lovely "Limelight", now have to decide where to plant it...oh my, decisions, decisions.

Page 14 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use