Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 13 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:13 AM | Locked

Gini I'm glad your Dad is doing well. Usually when people are grumpy, it's because they feel ready to go and left alone with no one poking and prodding around. He will be happy to get home. Now you will have to give your mom a lecture as to not getting herself injured while helping your dad a bit beyond her capabilities. She is not 20 anymore and you don't want to have to go visit her in the hospital. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

ginny, they won't let him use the trapeze.  my uncle is removing the one from his bedroom so he isn't tempted to use it while he's recuperating.  tom is fixing up some kind of hard surface so he can push himself out of bed. 

mom and i are headed back to spokane this morning.   auntie has all the rels organized to visit at different times.  dad is pretty much on schedule with everything, so hopefully we'll be home in a couple of days. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,045
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

Well Gini,  I guess I can understand that somewhat.  That might give him the chance to strain something and pull apart the work that has been done.  Hopefully, he will quickly figure out how to get up more easily on his own.  It is good everyone can block out a time to see and help him and your Mom.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:29 PM | Locked

Gini, glad to hear that dad is going home soon.  I hope your mom can be strong enough to say "No!" if he becomes too demanding at home.  My mother wrecked her back trying to be caregiver for my dad when he was ill.  I guess being the patient and being the caregiver are both hard on the bodies and the emotions.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Gini, I am glad you Dad is doing better.

We had a lightning storm today.  A fire started on the hill across the road.  911 called, neighbor in charge of the community phone tree was called, and a team of neighbors responded to fight the fire, and then a short while later the Malott fire dept arrived to finish the job.  We did get some rain, but mostly after the fire was under control.   I am proud of our community.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

The doc said dad may be able to go home tomorrow.   All the tubes and lines have been pulled out of him except one IV line they haven't used yet.    I will go stay with them for a few days, to make sure mom can handle helping him in bed.    I've seen more of dad's fanny the past few days than any daughter should,  I'm hoping to talk him into some underpants  when we get home.  That might be asking a bit much with his sore belly.

my nephew came in this evening,  we went to dinner with mom and had a nice visit. He's a good young man.

the borders on last year's appliqué project are coming along nicely.  I've had a lot of sitting time.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 38,370
ls2116 replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:48 PM | Locked

Today I thought I'd get my blocks assembled, but I have yet to square them up.  Instead with all the cooler weather we've had though about holidays and the fact that we are not moving so i hauled all my precious furniture back into my cramped house.  Right now I have recliner right in the middle of my living room and have to walk around it, but with my next burst of energy I'll have to move it out.  Strange how I can't seem to find the perfect set up that is unless i knock out a wall or two. This wk I also have to take my car in for a repair planning ahead for our trip to minnesota.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

Now there is another fire, about 4 miles away as the crow flies, a single tree top has burst into flames on the top of a butte, and looks like a big candle.  The trees up there are not close together, so perhaps it will remain contained.  The heavy rain apparently subdued it when lightning first stuck, but it's come awake now.   DNR is "watching it."  It is not accessible by road. 

Donna, it's near Smith Lake if you know where that is.  South of 20.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,045
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 5:35 AM | Locked

Sounds great that your Dad might get to go home , Gini.  I know very well what you mean about having seen more of your Dad's fanny than any daughter should.  I had the honors (?) of helping my Dad with a surgical appliance after one of his surgeries.   They become so at ease with showing everything.  Seem to lose their sense of dignity. LOL   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 6:42 AM | Locked

I'm excited to be heading out in 15 minutes for the big MN State Shop Hop!  Friend Terri and I are attempting to qualify for a $500 prize by visiting 24 shops in three sections.  Today we tackle 8 shops in the west central section.  We'll be on the road 7 a.m. through 8 p.m.  and if we get to them all before the shops close for the day, we'll collect 6 yards of free fabric.  The best thing is that I have specific projects I'm shopping for, so that should help control the urge to impulse buy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 14,595
Dawn replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Well, I am recovering from vacation today.  We had the most fantastic time and loved every moment.  We spent it w/all of our kids and grands.  Took a day trip into Chicago and went to Shedd aquarium.  Went to an outlet mall, most of the kids and grands went to Six Flags, DDIL and I took youngest grands and shopped!  Then we went to IKEA and then home.  Went to a LQS, it was a nice little shop.  Got a pattern.  They were having a class so I didn't want to get in the way.  We were gone a week.  It is nice to get home and back to my own bed.  I will try to post a pic later, once I get all caught up w/things.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Today is my 41st wedding anniversary. all 7 grandchildren will be here later and hope to get a picture with them. last time we did this we only had 6, so need to update with little Niles, who''s 10 months old.  no big plans, took day off and just spending it with family.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:53 AM | Locked

Dawn, sounds like you had a great time.

This morning, it looks like the tree burning like a candle, burnt it self out, just like a candle.  Funny thing is it was on top of a butte called "Wick."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Nancy, that sounds like a fun day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,045
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

Congratulaions,  Debbie and DH  That's a milestone!   Have a great day.   Ginny

Page 13 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use