Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 12 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 10:16 AM

Your hydrangeas are beautiful, Sukochi.  The one hydrangea that I have that is pink has not produced a single bloom this year.  I just don't know why.  Guess it doesn't want the deer to nibble on it.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

I have been looking for an update on Barbara's condition both here and fb.  Is there one for today?

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 10:47 AM

Sumo hi, your hydrangeas and vases are beautiful.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 10:53 AM

Gini, what in the dickens is "Sumo Hi"?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 11:03 AM

Thanks for info Ginny I feel better.  Might head to guildcrafters this wk. I looked through all my fabric and just didn't have a good variety for like a trip around world quilt where each block is a different fabric I'll keep the tone similar in rounds but the squares might only be 6" haven't worked out all the details but i'm thinking king size on it so i'll need alot of variety.

I've got one more block to make on baby quilt then i can assemble i'm getting excited.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 11:41 AM

Ginny:
When she mentioned Wenatchee, that scared me for you guys.  Glad things are in control now. 

Ginny, thanks for thinking of us!  The big fires (one near Wenatchee and another south of Yakima) are still burning away and are not yet controlled.  They have consumed a pretty large area, some out-buildings and a few homes.  The cooler weather the last few days has helped with those fires too, but they are still not completely contained.  

Sukochi,  just like you're living on a hill to avoid floods (we do too) there are things you can do to make your home more fire-safe in the case of a wildfire.  Actually, Patti and her DH are doing a very good job of this!  It takes a lot of planning and continual work to keep the native vegetation around your house under control to create a "green or un-burnable(rocks)" area surrounding your house.   But it can save your house if/when a wildfire occurs in your area.  Patti recently found out that they needed to remove vegetation from the shoulders of their "driveway" to make fire-crew access safer.  All these things add up to giving your home a better chance to survive a major fire in your area.

People with a good water supply have huge lawns surrounding their homes for barriers, but we don't have that luxury.  So, all we can do is keep a small green (irrigated) area around our home and keep the native vegetation down to a minimum for a 30-50 foot circle around our house.  Our big enemy is sagebrush and bitter-brush...which both grow to about four feet here and have a lot of pitch...which means it burns very hot and throws a lot of sparks.  Not good!!!  So, our main effort is trying to keep the sage & bitter-brush out of our fire-safe perimeter.  We are finding this to be more and more of a chore each year...but it really needs to be done!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 1:23 PM

No quilting lately but made two small purses and working on table runner.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 1:25 PM

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 1:32 PM

Great looking bags , Debbie.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620

Classy bags, Debbie.  Nice!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:40 PM

Spent the day helping DD1 clean out the bedroom that will be the nursery.  Of course she waited until she would be unable to do any of the lifting, because that's just the way she is.  There were boxes and boxes of books and a lot of junk.  She is a hoarder.  DD2 and I waited until she had to run to the hardware store to get some shelving units, and then we worked like made to throw away garbage bags full of junk that no one should have in their house.  I know she'll never miss it...it's been in those boxes for several years.  All of my hoarding relates to sewing....mostly fabric, but tons of quilting magazines, etc.  

My DSIL is just as bad at hoarding...but his hoarding is all related to computer stuff.  DD2 and I threw away 2 printers that did not work, and moved several computers that he tears apart for parts into his computer room,  But, the nursery is almost cleaned up.  There is some paper work that they have to go through, and a desk/chair and old day bed that has seen much better days, that they will have to deal with.  Anyway, I am exhausted.  It took us from 9 am to 5 pm to get most of the stuff out of that bedroom and into the garbage or the shelving units they put up in the garage.  Thank goodness they have a 3 car garage (which looked just as bad as the bedroom when we started), which my DH and DSIL2 worked on.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 9:29 PM

today I'm starting to search for a floor standing sewing box in oak like the old ithink strommen  accordian style but just have no idea where to search for one might have to special order one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 1:25 AM

Sukochi:

Gini, what in the dickens is "Sumo Hi"?

It's your new name didn't you know.   I am working on my ipad in stolen minutes.   There is no wifi at the hospital and we don't spend much time in the hotel room.   The ipad has a mind of it's own and I don't take the time to correct it.  

Dad had a good day, but he is miffed at me.  I brought mom home for the night so she could sleep on her own bed and feed the birds.   We are going back to Spokane  in the morning.   Cross your fingers we can bring dad home Tuesday or Wednesday.  He has met all his benchmarks except getting in and out of bed by himself, and he is close to doing iit on his own.  Right now he is whiny And grumpy.  If he keeps it up, he will get another gini lecture.  Mom doesn't need this. She was helping him get out of bed this morning.  I told him if mom breaks a rib pulling him up, he will have to answer to me. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:02 AM

Gini, I thought you were referring to my night job as a Sumo wrestler. Wondering how you found out about that. So great about how good your dad is doing. Probably, cause you are there to keep him in line. And the whining? He's a man. It goes with the territory!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:10 AM

Gini,  being grumpy and whiny is a sign that he is tired of being in the hospital and wants to go home.  And yes, getting out of bed on your own is the most difficult thing to do after you have been sliced and diced.  It's too bad they no longer use the overhead trapeze for ease in getting out of bed.  I think you are right in thinking he will be out of the hospital soon, but he needs to get out of bed on his own.  Usually it is about 1 week after surgery to get out, but since he is older, it may take a day or 2 longer.  Tell him to try harder if he wants to get to go home.    Good luck    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 12 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use