Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 11 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:12 PM | Locked

Doing post cards today. Having problems with them so took all day to make two.  Thread breaking, fusible getting hung up in the feed dogs. Grrr...!

Forgot to remove the cover when I took this picture so it is kinda foggy.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

Sukochi, Glad you were not in the flood areas. So sad for some others especially if you do not have flood damage insurance.                                                                                                                                              Im so sorry to hear about Nan's problems, will keep her in my prayers.                                                            I have spent the last 2 days rearranging my sewing room with the help of my DH and DS we were able to move lots of stored boxes off the shelves so I could use them for my fabric. Also makes the room seem so much bigger with the shelves all open. Got a new and taller bookcase for all my books and magazines. Did not realize how many quilting books I have, so that means NO more, until a new one catches my eye. LOL It is sweltering hot here in North Florida so staying cool inside is all right with me. Lots of Christmas projects to work on. Only 4 months till December.   Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 11:27 PM | Locked

I am so glad we have had lots of rain the past couple days.  We were so dry when the lightning storm came through, and in our county alone started 40 fires.  Most are now put out.  Donna has some her direction too, but don't know how close they were.  More often than not these storms bring dry lightning, no rain.  but yesterday's storm had rain.  Praise God.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 11:54 PM | Locked

Dad is doing great, he walked the halls, and he had a poo.   Two things he has to do before he goes home.  It is a relief to know his plumbing is working.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 1:02 AM | Locked

Patti:

I am so glad we have had lots of rain the past couple days.  We were so dry when the lightning storm came through, and in our county alone started 40 fires.  Most are now put out.  Donna has some her direction too, but don't know how close they were.  More often than not these storms bring dry lightning, no rain.  but yesterday's storm had rain.  Praise God.

We actually had less rain here than was anticipated.  And the upper valley (where I live)  had less lightening too.  From here it looked like most of the storms were center east of us (toward Patti) and down valley (toward Marge P's home). 

Most of our  six fire starts were in the hills  (mid-valley area - Winthrop to Carlton) - down valley from us.  Latest I have heard was that all the fires are fairly small and being actively worked and and should be fully contained before the weekend is over, if not before.  There are several pretty large fires south of us in the Lake Chelan area that have caused us to have some hazy, smokey days.  So, any rain to clear the air is great appreciated...especially if it helps put out the fires.

And the cooler weather feels really nice for a change.  We worked up the former garlic bed this morning to plant spinach for this fall. The rain had hardly dampened the ground more than a half inch.  So,  we really didn't have all that much rain...but it certainly was better than nothing! 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 6:51 AM | Locked

Sukochi, inspite of your problems, your postcards are very nice.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

Gini

It is good to hear that Dad is doing well.  Hopefully he will be able to go home soon.  I know it will be a little easier for everyone to have him home.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:36 AM | Locked

Donna and Patty, I don't know how you handle the threat of fire, all summer long.  Too scary for me. But, I would love to package up a few dozen major rain storms here and send them your way. My plants are rotting in the ground. Their feet are just soaked. I have never seen anything like this.

Goona get back to post cards today. Still have three to get done. Theme's are Hot Air Balloons, Triangles and PCP 6th Anniversary. The anniv.. is already figured out. The triangles MIGHT be, but the Hot Air Balloons, not a clue. I had a great idea for that, last night, and DID NOT write it down. Do you think I can remember it this a.m.? NOPE!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

Posted before I got done. Gini, the news of your Dad rocks! Will he be able to go home in short order, or is there some healing to do first? Prayers answered.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

Ok. well I follow politics very closely, but I do not have a party nor do I push my opinions on others, but I fouund this tid bit in my email this am, that I went back and got the link for so that if anyone wants to google the actual "act" that was written maybe we can start making a little more sense about some of the Obomacare that we have sprinkled the board with.   Of course this is only one side of congress speaking, but it is something.   http://luetkemeyer.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=344847.  

I don't know if we will ever really know the truth il it is unleashed. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Gini, so glad your Dad is doing so well. At least one stress you can let go of now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Great news about your dad, Gini.  Hope things will be less hectic for you and your family now. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Well, I , for one, am glad that you got a little rain to help calm those fires down.  My daughter, who lives near the eastern Oregon-Washington border is who first alerted me to the fires in your area.  When she mentioned Wenatchee, that scared me for you guys.  Glad things are in control now.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

That is fantastic news, Gini   He is now on his way.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Got a bunch more hydrangeas. They just don't stop coming. But, everything else is gone due to too much rain. Go figure.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Page 11 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use