Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 10 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you stay safe with that horrible weather near you.  Prayers going up for Nantenn, God will provide for her.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

We went into town. The water had gone back in it's banks, at least where we were. The entrances to the city park were all closed off.  The river was just barely lapping at the sides of the banks. the Pepsi plant sustained some flooding and many homes are still flooded, or damaged by flooding that had receded. A shelter is open at the Middle School. Hope those people can find somewhere else to go, as school is back in session on Monday. Our county, and, the next one south were flooded.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

Sukochi glad you are safe thinking of those in your area who weren't as lucky xx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Today was the opening of our new shop, we moved to a much bigger and better place. We were run off our feet. Mine are propped up now trying to get relief. And guess who came in? Our own Max. She is alive and well. Says she's been lurking, been very busy. 

To sukochii,

I'm glad you are safe from the floods. 

Gini, my prayers are for your dad and a speedy recovery. 

Prayers going out for Nanten.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Today was the opening of our new shop, we moved to a much bigger and better place. We were run off our feet. Mine are propped up now trying to get relief. And guess who came in? Our own Max. She is alive and well. Says she's been lurking, been very busy. 

To sukochii,

I'm glad you are safe from the floods. 

Gini, my prayers are for your dad and a speedy recovery. 

Prayers going out for Nanten.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:05 PM | Locked

Sukoshi hope everyone is staying dry and water goes down.  

Now for my craft project that I want to make,  If you look at a wooden thread spool and were to cut it 1/8 -1/4 " like the shape of washer so i can put a dowel  for a spool stand that is what i'm trying to figure out.I just don't have any crafty people that i've run into yet Maybe I'll check with the school wood shop.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

I just had a brain storm it may not be wood but a plastic pen cap might work at least i can cut through it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

gini:
thereby causing the employees to opt out of obamacare.  The program needs a lot of work

Most government programs do!  Good intentions, but lack of clarity and too many holes!  Don't get me started on food stamps!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 7,370
Julienne replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Patti is correct, but they are currently going back to rewrite certain parts of the Obomacare health plan this month and having another vote. So once again we are in the dark until Sept. until they get this correct.  And yes it has help some of us to keep kids on until they are 26. But they have to be full time students. I know part D on medicare is going to go haywire so when open enrollment starts we need to really check it out closely.  I take alot of meds so this will be very important.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Even when Obomacare is all done and is law, it will never be clear to understand. Obama likes to keep us in the dark.  I would like to know why Gov't. employees done have to take Obomacare. Seems like if it is SO great, they would want to use it. 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:13 PM | Locked

gini:

Day's surgery went exactly as the dr. Predicted.  He was in surgery 2 hours.   The removed his entire colon and hooked up the small intestine, no bag to mess with.  It has been several hours and they still haven't let us Ito see him.    They don't have a clean room to move him to, so we wait.    My aunt and I are double teaming mom,so I'm getting a short break.

I totally missed this post, Gini.  How is your dad doing?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Although I still have a ton of plums to make jelly, jam, and plum preserves out of, today I'm canning tomatoes.  As soon as this batch is done in the canner, I have to go grocery shopping yet again.  I'll tell you that feeding a 14 year old boy everyday is about to break the budget.  I'm hoping to stop with just the one batch of tomatoes today and begin some sewing.  I have so many projects in the works that it has become quite intimidating.

On the lighter side, the new puppy is acclimating pretty good...she and Kaci have seemed to come to an almost understanding of who is the boss, although the puppy seems to think that Kaci's favorite pillow is hers.  So far Kaci hasn't put up too much of a fuss about it, but when the pup gets up she will run over there and lay herself down on it.  Watching the interactions between them about who's going to rule the roost is quite entertaining at times.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

I haven't been motivated to do anything since I came back from my vacation.  The house needs somebody to care, the sewing is way behind what I want it to be in order to do the holiday gifts I want to do, and I find myself on the computer a lot. So today I am doing a little of each. Work on the enclosed porch we are redoing for a little while, straighten up the sewing so I can get to what needs to be done, playing a game or two.  I am, finding I am getting a lot done. Kind of a silly way to do it.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 5:25 PM | Locked

Jan I do that too when i'm overwhelmed by all that needs to get done, but i don't play games unless you call EQ7 a game that is.

Went to another new for me quilt shop today got a few more 1/4 cuts of fabric.

Has anyone ever ordered from etsy? I placed a order and I hope I get it. 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

Boy oh boy IS, You are on a tear going to all of the new quilt shops on your own lately.  But to answer your question about buying things on Etsy, Yes I have quite a few times and have always been pleased with the fabric I have ordered.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 10 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use