Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 8 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Nana:

Sukochi

The hydrangeas are gorgeous.  One of my favorite flowers.  They also make gorgeous dried flowers by just putting them in the vase with no water and leaving them alone.  They will dry and maintain most of their color.

Nana, smart minds think alike. I have been drying hydrangeas that way for years. I love them. My neighbor, who lives full time in Florida, lets me have hers off her bush here. I would love to get some lace cap and oak leaf bushes. maybe, next year.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

Julienne:

Ok, I was talking to my father about this Obamacare, First it does not go into effect until 2015, but we are suppose to know everything by 2014 HA HA

Well, that is partly correct.  The employer mandate, (business with more that 50 employee, must provide insurance for their full time employees) is postponed until 2015.  One item that went into effect almost immediately was that parents could keep their adult children on their insurance until they turn 26,)  That has helped a lot of people.  I think the individual mandate is still on for 2014. 

Obama care will be more affordable for those with lower incomes, but it will be more expensive for those with mid to high incomes.  So, I am wondering who is the "middle class" that Obama is supposed to be helping?  What income does that start at?  Am I middle class?

think I will have to google that

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

Here is something I found, "It is important to note however that those making under 400% of the federal poverty level and many employees are eligible for premium tax credits as a form of cost assistance. Those who receive tax credits can expect to pay much lower premiums, however higher earners may see their rates go up due to the inherent "cost sharing" associated with ObamaCare being a tax. Also note, high-end insurance plans are subject to a 40% excise tax. The excise tax will greatly increase the cost of high-end insurance plans."

400 % of poverty level for a family of 2 is $62,040.   And that is gross income, not net.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

For those of you with expensive meds, the pharmaceutical companies offer many assistance programs.  Google "name of med.... patient assistance."  For many programs, you can have a good income and still qualify.   There is patient assistance offered for those who have no, insurance, insurance that doe not pay well on the medications, and for those with medicare D. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Patti:
The excise tax will greatly increase the cost of high-end insurance plans.

I don't think there's anyway my high deductible insurance can be considered "high-end", thank goodness!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

A little excitement here at the house.  Steve heard a little scream, and a couple minutes later saw a cougar dragging a fawn over the crest of the hill.  When he gets surprised or excited, he gets tongue tied, so it was gone by the time I looked. 

And I am not quite dumb enough to grab my camera and look over the hill.  Almost, but not quite.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

Oh, I don't think I'd want to see that picture anyway.  I know there is a surplus of deer, and I know cougars have to eat, but I don't like seeing helpless animals killed.

I can see where that would add some excitement to the day, however!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Patti:
The excise tax will greatly increase the cost of high-end insurance plans.

I don't think there's anyway my high deductible insurance can be considered "high-end", thank goodness!

Mine either, but we're probably pushing the 400% of poverty level...DH at least has the VA and MediCare (but only part A), and I carry him on my insurance, too.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:12 AM | Locked

This is weird my post earlier looks like it never made it.  Have any of you purchased the travel companion book it lists quilt shops by state I'm thinking about getting a copy.  Since I'm branching out daily almost in search of new shops , but wed. thur. i'm grounded have repairmen coming for cable and internet.  Always something.

BIL is out of hospital and doing oook, but they give him six mon. and he may lose colon.

My pup has recovered from seizure earlier.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:03 AM | Locked

I've had the last 2 versions of those books and love them.  I do a lot of traveling and find great shops all over the place. Whenever I go up north to see family, I try to check out a new shop somewhere along my trip for a pit stop.  I found a great one in Pennsylvania that I stop at every trip now.  I've seen a couple in the book I hope to see next time.

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:13 AM | Locked

Sorry for the loss of your Miss Dela. I'm sure that she returned in love all the love and attention you gave her. I'm sure you will have very fond memories of Miss Dela in your heart.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Oh wow Sukochi! Those are beautiful and you display them in an amazing way. They are perfect with your leaf table runner under.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

Diana:
Diana in East TN

Diana, I sent you a PM.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:01 AM | Locked

Patti:
400 % of poverty level for a family of 2 is $62,040.   And that is gross income, not net

Then that puts us at about 1000% below poverty level! However, with that said, both of us being on Social Security, we pay not taxes.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

A couple of other problems with Obama care.   For employers who are just barely scraping by, they will be forced to go to more part time help.   An. employer can also opt to carry the most expensive  insurance, making the part of the insurance premium the employees need to cover way too expensive,  thereby causing the employees to opt out of obamacare.  The program needs a lot of work

gini in north idaho

Page 8 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use