Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 6 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Lily Update. She is baring some weight on her leg. Last evening, Jim had her outside. He said she turn back around to her leg, then just took off running around the yard. YAY! Big sigh of relief.

Did some more cutting of jelly roll strips into 10" lengths last evening. I need to do that with 23 of them so it will take me a bit.

God told me to stop worrying. That is His job. Well, yesterday proves that I am not there yet. Takes a month to break a habit, but I am praying that I can better follow Him.

Our summer is SO much cooler then last year. We hit some high 90's last summer. This, if has only gotten into the 90's one day. Usually been in the mid 80's. Loving this but everyone I talk to is afraid this is meaning a cold winter.  Morning are real cool! Need a light sweater. Strange.

There is an Alzhiemers lady missing in a County down south of us. She is in her 80,s. The Sheriff said these patients should have a GPS device, on them, all the time. This poor little lady has never wondered off before.  She hasn't had her meds. They are 100's searching for her.  I think, the way this world is going, we should all have a GPS on us. Especially when out walking alone. A lady in another mountain town up here, had her cell and was talking to her boyfriend, when she was abducted and murdered.  Scary. This world we live in has spun out of control.

Also, be in prayer for our Mary in TN. They are having to sell there house to pay medical bills. The ins just isn't paying on her transplant meds anymore. And, they are maxed out with the bills. So, lift Mary and her DH up.

We need a forum, the biggest of all, for just all of us who need prayer. My goodness, you can tell we have all gone over the hill. Getting old is not fun, not cheap, and down right scary.

Thanks for all the prayers for me last week. My depression is lifting. Of course, with being Bipolar, that means a manic episode is coming on. Won't sleep, will spin so fast I will be a blurr.! Then, though, I will settle back down into as normal as I get.

All have a beautiful, summer day. IF it's boiling hot, stay inside, if it's cooler, get out and enjoy the warmth, as old man winter is just around the corner. Be a tourist in your own town. Go out for a day, in the local places, that tourist go to. We will go to the Botanical Gardens, Zoo, A Civil War museum. Might even get to the World of Coca Cola. Though why you'd want to see them bottle Cokes, I have no idea. Oh, I would love to go to the Carter Presidential Library. Not because I supported him him but because it is what it is. I want to see all the gifts from foreign lands. And, he IS my 5th 1/2 cousin. Go figure that one. We descend from both sides of the aisle. Jim is 6th cousin if Laura Bush!

So be happy, happy, happy. This is the only time we get to go round in this world.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:32 AM | Locked

Glad to hear Lily is recovering, Sukochi.    I will pray for Mary and her medical and financial problems too.  No one should have to go without their needed meds.  It seems that there should be help through the drug companies if nothing else.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Nancy I was tickled to have green beans for supper last night. I think tomatoes are about two to three weeks away. They are forming nicely but it is very cool for this time of year.   I hope to go blueberry picking this week with some neighbors of mine. 

This morning after my coffee, I will go and continue my fabric cleaning. I got shelves yesterday and am in the process of cleaning/sorting out my fabrics.  I have enough backing for five or six quilts. So now I can stop buying beiges and look for something else... I went through three bins yesterday and was overwhelmed by the mess in my sewing room... So on this cloudy day...I'm off to clean...again!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:37 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm sorry to see Lily in pain, but she sure looks cute on the quilt!  She is adorable! Is this joint problem always an issue with that breed? I know our collie, Koffy, has hip displaysia. It is now starting to really bother him. He is eight now and his nose is starting to turn white.  He is a kind and gentle soul.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

Angele:

Sukochi, I'm sorry to see Lily in pain, but she sure looks cute on the quilt!  She is adorable! Is this joint problem always an issue with that breed? I know our collie, Koffy, has hip displaysia. It is now starting to really bother him. He is eight now and his nose is starting to turn white.  He is a kind and gentle soul.

Angele, yes it is a huge problem with this breed. She, however, started out with bad knees from a year old. She is from a breeder and we did not research this breeder well enough into her lines frailties.  But, I wouldn't have passed her up for the world. I told a friend that we get so attached to these little animals and go to such expense to see to their healt and well being. And, they show appreciation 10 fold.

Georgia has a tax free holiday. WHY is fabric not a part of that. Clothes are made of fabric, so technically, it should be!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

MY SISTER IS COMIING! MY SISTER IS COMING!!! FRIDAY!!!. They live 3 hours away and are just coming for an afternoon to pick up a dry sink, we are passing on to them. But, HEY JACK, she is coming. And, Pam's fabric is 50% off so I bet I can convince her to go to my LQS. Over the moon time!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Sukochi glad to hear that Lily is doing better. I will keep Mary in my prayers. It is truly insane when you have to choose between your health or a roof over your head! I hope they find a way to get help paying those bills. That is not a good stress to have when you are trying to get yourself together.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:24 AM | Locked

I'm so happy for you Sukochi.  Have fun with your sister! And I agree fabric should be tax free. After all we are helping the economy...

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,295
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

This is a picture of our Miss Dela ( yes we spell it with one L, her name came from where we got her in Delaware, Ohio), 2 yrs. ago she had to have one eye taken out because the lens detached and her eye almost popped out. Her remaining eye started doing the same thing 3 months ago and Sunday night  we finally had to make the painful decision of having to put her down. She was eleven and lived a good life, quite spoiled if you ask any of our friends or relatives.....she will be missed....

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:11 AM | Locked

I'm really, really sorry to hear of Mary's health and financial problems and thoughts and prayers are being sent her way.  It is such a shame that life saving meds are so, so expensive these days, even with health insurance.  Since Obamacare came into being my health insurance has doubled in cost to over $500 per month and between DH and I we pay about $250 per month in meds.  I thank God everyday that I had a decent pension and that our home, humble as it is, is paid off.  I just can't imagine how many are living just on social security.  I don't agree with Obamacare or how it was rammed down our throat, but I do agree that something needs to be done with the costs associated with health care.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:15 AM | Locked

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about Miss Dela.  I think having to make the decision to have a pet put down is one of the most painful decisions I have ever made.  I'm sure Miss Dela was thankful for the loving family she enjoyed and who cared for her all of her life.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:24 AM | Locked

Karla, we are living only on Social Security. However, we have found that Medicare is pay well on our medical bills. We can not afford a supplemental health ins. thankful our home is paid for as well as the car. And, we pray that the car will last forever. Can't afford another. Next year, we will start being excluded from having to pay school tax. We have never had a child in Georgia school but have always (since moving home in 2000) paid the tax. If Obamacare really will force us to get another healthcare plan, we are SCREWED!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

MN Nancy,

Our tomato plants are getting tall now, but no flowers yet either, let alone tomatoes. But it is just August and ours usually ripen in September so you can know there is someone out there waiting. . . and waiting . . .with you.

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Jen, so very sad, for you, in the loss of your Dela. It is so hard.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

I am having a hard time understanding all this talk about Obamacare costing everyone more out of pocket.  Obamacare has not gone in to effect.  I think it is just everyone trying to get the most money they can from all of us before it goes into effect.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Page 6 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use