Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 5 of 221 (3303 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,302 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 1:45 PM

Karla i am so envious by the end of the week i may get the first of my tomatoes and plums wont be ready yet :-(

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 1:46 PM

http://myberrypatch.blogspot.com/2009/07/argyle-quilt-cocoles.html

You experts out there, would you have a look at this pattern and tell me if it's a 4 patch on point?  What ruler would you recommend me using to accomplish this quilt?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 1:51 PM

Frances:

I see Marie, so thats why you havent been in touch youve been on the razzle, i hope you were a good girl (well good for you)

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, at the 80th BD party they were all to old for me to be bad!  Nothing caught my eye at the play or Friendly's either but I'm keeping my eyes open all the time, never know when I might get lucky!  ;  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 1:56 PM

Marie:

Frances:

I see Marie, so thats why you havent been in touch youve been on the razzle, i hope you were a good girl (well good for you)

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, at the 80th BD party they were all to old for me to be bad!  Nothing caught my eye at the play or Friendly's either but I'm keeping my eyes open all the time, never know when I might get lucky!  ;  )

Marie, do they send you out with a government health warning, gee i bet they were all having panic attacks everytime you got too close, Im not sure that much excitement is a good thing.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 2:02 PM

Marie

I don't think a 4 patch will work.  It looks like the diamond is slightly elongated.  I would find a diamond ruler in the size you want and make it with that.  If you enlarge the pic you will see that the black lines are strips of wide rick rack sewn down.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:25 PM

Marie, this looks like strip sets sewn together and cut on an angle.  I'm not sure if it's 45 or 30 deg.  You would sew together a strip of white, black, white and cut it at an angle, repeat for the light pink and again for the dark pink you should have a good start on this.  Then you can sew diagonal rows together adding the necessary cross strip of black.  Then all rows can be sewn together.  Doesn't that sound simple?  I'm sure keeping the layout organized will be the hardest part.  I bet you could do this.  What colors are you thinking of?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:33 PM

I looked online and the angles are 30 and 60 deg.  Any ruler that let's you cut your set at that angle will work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:17 PM

Frances:

Karla i am so envious by the end of the week i may get the first of my tomatoes and plums wont be ready yet :-(

lots of love

Francesxx

We got all but 3 bags of the plums cut up before DGS4 was dropped off...they took DGS1 (14 yr. old who has spent the past 3 weeks with us) with them to the movies.  He has 15 month old twin brothers (from his father and his second wife), so he's good with babies, but darn, they took my babysitter with them, so I've had to chase DGS4 all over the house and now I'm exhausted.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:31 PM

took a mad dash to the Vet today. Lily has bad knees, that come out of their socket at times. It happened today. Only, this time, she just dragged the leg when she tired to walk. So, into the Vet we went. He, again, offered surgery that would set us back $2500., and would take place out of town. There is no way  we could ever come up with that amount of money. So, he tried to pop it back in place, but, she was in such pain and so traumatized that he did not want to stress her more. She got a med for pain and inflammation and we came home. She went missing pretty quick and I just searched her out. On the trunk at the end of our bed. With, Emmy Lou peeking around to see what was up. It's just safer feeling in Mama and Daddy's room.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:52 PM

Sukochi:
It's just safer feeling in Mama and Daddy's room.

Poor fur-baby!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:56 PM

Oh sukochi, poor Lily.  She found her comfort place.  I hope she feels better real fast.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:40 PM

Sukochi:
God intervened in my indecision on going to Church. He said "I told you I will HELP you. I didn't say I will do it FOR you!. There are strength in the numbers of my people, be with them". It was powerful.

Good for you for listening to him, Sukochi!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:47 PM

Sukochi:

She went missing pretty quick and I just searched her out. On the trunk at the end of our bed.

What a sweet face!  Sorry to hear she has bad legs, poor thing.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:50 PM

Karla:
and now my tomato harvest is in full swing.

We had such a late spring that I am far from ripe tomatoes, I'm afraid.  I saw tomato plants in Alaska that were behind mine, so I'm not feeling that bad.  ;-)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:20 AM

Marie, the four patch is dis ondés with vers n'arrosez black sashing. It is a lovely Quilt.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 5 of 221 (3303 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use