rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 11:15 PM | Locked

Diana

You were doing a great job when you were here.  I know it turned out lovely.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:35 AM | Locked

My little pup has been eating alot of my tomatoes she loves vegetables.  I put up fencing around them, and somehow she is still getting in.  I'm gonna have to watch her closer because she gets in and then she hasn't figured out how to get out. I even put 2 x 4's along bottom edge trying to keep her out.  I don't want her to get hurt . Any suggestions?  I'm gonna start sewing my block for tonight.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 2:18 AM | Locked

Is that made me smile about your pup my Labrador used to pick them for us! Trouble was she never worked out they had to be ripe ones , she even taught MIL 2 golden retrievers to go into the green house and do it too! I do miss her and her antics.

Bev thanks for the advice we are definately looking at the Keys for part of the visit. Just need to sort out accommodation really. 

We had the torrential downpour we were promised last night but this morning looks and feels much fresher, may decide on a day out away from the humdrum of normal things.

Paul Newmans race car WOW, how fabulous 

xx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945

Is that made me smile about your pup my Labrador used to pick them for us! Trouble was she never worked out they had to be ripe ones , she even taught MIL 2 golden retrievers to go into the green house and do it too! I do miss her and her antics.

Bev thanks for the advice we are definately looking at the Keys for part of the visit. Just need to sort out accommodation really. 

We had the torrential downpour we were promised last night but this morning looks and feels much fresher, may decide on a day out away from the humdrum of normal things.

xx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945

xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:50 AM | Locked

Where did your friend GET Paul Newman's race car??  My cousin rode in an elevator with him once at the Daytona Speedway.. V.,(cousin's wife), said Paul's eyes were so blue and gorgeous.  My cousin did the radio's for the races. He was killed when he fell from a very high ladder at the Daytona Speedway, on his head. He got Dale Earnhardt, Sr. to sign a hat for our son. He and Vanessa used to sit with Dale's wife at the races.

Trying to decide if I can go to church this a.m. I am not wanting to leave the house, due to this depression. Being Bipolar stinks! Except for the doctor Friday, I haven't left the house in about two weeks.

Did some machine quilting yesterday. Getting ready to cut the fabric for a baby quilt. By the time our friend has her baby, she will have plenty of quilts.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

How high is the fencing IS?  Is she jumping over and then doesn't want to jump back out with a tomato in her mouth?   She looks like such a little dickens, like she could get into a lot of things if she tried.  Maybe there is a spot where the fencing doesn't go all the way to the ground and she is slipping under.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

I really am not certain, positively, how this came about, but he had raced with him in the past, I guess.  I think the story goes that when Paul gave up racing for himself the friend got the chance to buy it.  At least that's the story I have gotten from the friend I went to the races with  We had pit passes so we were right down there with the cars and drivers.  I will tell you that the guy that got the car isn't that hard to look at either, but his eyes just aren't as blue as Paul's.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:09 PM | Locked

God intervened in my indecision on going to Church. He said "I told you I will HELP you. I didn't say I will do it FOR you!. There are strength in the numbers of my people, be with them". It was powerful.

So, back tot he sewing room with a lighter heart, for sure.

Have a blessed day!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 16,015
Susan replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
God intervened in my indecision on going to Church. He said "I told you I will HELP you.
    Sukochi, I have been out of town for weekend and last post I saw from you said you were leaving us. Sooo  GLAD you changed your mind! I am praying for you and that terrible Depression you are having. I also suffer from this and its no picnic, however, this too shall pass. Soon, I hope for your sake.     Prayerfully, Susan   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:29 PM | Locked

Susan, thank you. I guess you missed my latest walleyed fit. that was at the beginning of this terrible time.  I am so much peaceful now.

Thanks, again, for saying what you did.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:53 PM | Locked

Somehow my pup was slipping under.  I'm lucky she didn't hurt herself .  She got trapped in there again today in the pouring rain.  As soon as it stopped I went out and took down the fencing guess its better to share my garden with her than have vet bills because of her injuring herself.

I'm still working on baby quilt log cabin but i'm taking my time with it.

I think this week I'm going to donate some quilts to a local womans shelter.

Then if we get sunny weather again I'll have my second garage sale for the year.  At least I have some goals to keep me focused.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:24 PM | Locked

Hello everyone. I need your help. A few years ago I made a quilt from Ethnic Echoes by Blank Quilting fabrics.the kit was in khaki. I donated it to a friend whose son had cancer. Now I want to make a quilt for my friend's sixtieth and that is what she would like. Do any of you know where I could have some of that fabric...or even a kit ? Please if any of you have ideas on how I could get my hands on that I would be SO grateful.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,705
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

I did a Google search and found a few places that have different Ethnic Echoes fabrics. One place is Jojo's Fabrics, one is ebay.  I forget the other ones. If I go back to look I lose this posting!   Try Google.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

I've googled it. I saw Jojo's fabrics and saw only one of the fabrics I was looking for eBay has the rust fabrics not the khaki. I'm still looking around. Thanks.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 3 of 244 (3651 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use