Page 2 of 244 (3651 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Have a quilty friend who lives not far from Shipshe and these shops are where she buys her fabrics. She has a booth in an antique shop there and they always attend the Weds. auctions there.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

CC, good to have you back!!!!!!!!  We've all missed you sooooo  much!  I can't believe you got the "poor beast" functioning again!  Is there no end to your talent??  As for not seeing much of you, we'll take what we can get, it wasn't the same without you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Is, thanks for the eye candy and glad you are feeling better.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

I got this idea form a face book post. Thought I'd try it for my sewing room. Will buy more old hoops when I find them. Love the quilt hoop I ran up on at an antique shop awhile back.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:56 AM | Locked

What a great idea Sukochi.

CC missed you hope the offspring are doing ok.

Is hope your little trip has made you feel a bit better nothing like a quilt shop visit to help is there? 

We are off to Florida in November so any recommendations would be appreciated! 

Still warm qand sunny here but thunderstorms are on the way. Managed to dry my washing outside in site of the line collapsing several times. Think I have sorted it now. I was getting fed up of pegging it and unpegging it earlier. DH has just bought a new golf bag so he is putting his new clubs in with a running commentary very exciting NOT!

Xxxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 1:51 PM | Locked

Lesley,  Where in Florida will you be?

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

A big wind storm last night knocked off the rest of the plums from the tree....I now have 12 big bags sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor, so you know what I'm going to be doing the next few days.   At least there aren't any more on the tree....I think today will be a baking day, printed off a bunch of recipes from the internet for plum cake, plum bread, plum kuchen etc.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

Bev we fly into Miami and stay in the area for 5 or 6 days. Then up to Orlando 3 days then onto Tampa then home.

x

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 5:01 PM | Locked

CC

Good to see you back.  You have been missed.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 5:03 PM | Locked

Is

Gorgeous quilts.  Hope life gets better for you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,498
Points 30,475
Diana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 6:09 PM | Locked

Nana,  Wanted to let you know that I finished quilting that baby quilt.  I made the binding and got it sewn on and now to just hand stitch it down.  It turned out pretty well for the first time.  Thanks for your help and lessons.

Diana in East TN.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 312
Points 7,115
didash replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

Marie & Donna - I just nailed the rubber mats to the drywall!  LOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Well, today I did something different- for me at least-  I went to watch car races at Waterford Hills.  An acquaintance of mine was going to race his new car for the first time, but he also owns Paul Newman's race car and he drove that around the track first before the races started.  I got to touch and feel PAUL NEWMAN'S RACE CAR!  and watch it round the track for a couple of laps to start the days races.  The only unfortunate part came just before he was to take his new car out to race--it started raining and they couldn't do the race in time before the cars couldn't race anymore for the day.  They have to be off the track by 6pm.  Rats!  Don't know when he will be back to race here next. He goes to North Carolina for his next races.      Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:04 PM | Locked

You probably are visiting theme parks if you are going to be in Orlando. Other than Disney World there is Epcot, MGM and probably some I don't know about.

if you don't have any set plans while in Miami a drive down to the Florida Keys is nice, the water is beautiful. You might want to stay over night if you go to Key West It is noted for beautiful sunsets as well as other tourist attractions such as Ernest Hemingway's house. Key West is about 5 hours from Miami on the Dixie Hwy  ( Hwy 1). Sometimes traffic is bumper to bumper. There is another route that you can take that has some toll portions but you still end up on Hwy 1. Check out this website for info on Key West, www.sunset elaboration.org. 

Other Keys of interest might be Key Largo which is an hour and half away- the John Pennekamp state park, pennekampark.com and the Bahia Honda State Park in Big Pine Key which is closer to Key West.

You may just want to drive to the first Key Largo and turn around because after you leave the traffic behind inMiami the drive to Key Largo is beautiful depending on the weather. 

If you are staying in a Hotel or Motel there will be plenty of brochures of activities and tourist attractions to choose from. 

Whatever your plans are I hope you have a great time in Florida.

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 559
Points 8,820
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

Debbie I hope things get worked out quickly.  I understand back pain.  Just finished several weeks of physical therapy, dr. ordered a Tens unit for me to use at home.  Still have pain but know I have to live with it as it is age related problems.  Hope your back feels better soon.  Take care.

Joyce

Page 2 of 244 (3651 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use