What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 1 of 244 (3651 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin Posted: Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:07 PM | Locked

The thread What Are You Up to Today? #8 was getting too long. Please continue your conversation here. 

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 215
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,325
Susie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

Thanks, Mandy!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:45 PM | Locked

Sucokhi had a quick catch up on #8. Glad it's not a parasite but hopefully you can shake off the gastroenteritis. Hope your chat to the Dr has helped you. just remember little steps. Take each day as it comes and look for the positives. Big hugs xxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 5:06 PM | Locked

We thank you, QCA Mandy. Y'all are sure on your "shiny new" toes!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

Well Goodness me! Look-y there! I finally got back and I get ot be one of the first to post on the new thread!

HI EVER'BODY!!! :D I've missed you.

I've been gone a month,and,my gosh, there's a whole lotta catching up to do. I may never get it all read.

my computer had a time in the shop. They had it for 3 weeks before telling us that it was completely beyond repair, unless we wanted to put in a new hard drive valued at far more then the machine. So we colected it, with hopes I could at least salvage files.... The repair guy assured me that it was an impossibility. It took me another week, but, as you can see, I have un-done his efforts and managed to get the poor beast functioning again, altho it is still slower then snail snot in the Arctic. It takes me about 10 min just to log in here...  So don't expect to be seeing much of me.

Jaci, thanks for coming to visit us. I see you posted a delightful pic of the Miasaura guarding your off-spring, And another of our happy mob all together. The kids are still chattering about how much fun it was to have you here. I hope we can manage it again sometime. Everyone agrees -  In fact DS1 says we should make it an annual thing. (He's a genious!!)

Nancy, your sideboard is stunning. Compliments to Randy.

The dying is beautiful. Someday I wanna try that...

Hugs to everyone.

Stay cool.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:14 PM | Locked

So glad to see you back, CC, I know I've really missed you and your posts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Great, CC back!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

Well I went to dr. yes he did prescribe a new med as needed.  He also told me to get away for a while so i took off for shipshewahna indianna and a new quilt shop close by .  Needless to say I'm feeling a bit better and finding beauty in everything.  Here is a little of what i seen at Yoder's, Lolly's and The Stitchery.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 125
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

I wanted to share it with everyone.  I've ordered a quilt book and bought a variety more fabric for my stash.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Donna, 

Right after you posted the info on the QCA improvement survey, they closed that thread and opened this new one, so let's repeat your message:

- - - - -

~from Donna B:

I am mentioning it here so hopefully more people will see/notice this!  

QCA is asking its members to fill out a Survey of what we really like about QCA.  This is our chance to tell them what is really important to us, so that it is not accidentally removed as they go through a re-design of the site.  

Go to the link:  QCA Weekly Website Update and Survey Request  and scroll down to Mandy's post with the link to the Survey Request.  

And, guess what!!!  There is even a spot for you to make a suggestion for an improvement to the site!  What is the one thing that QCA does not have that you would like to see?  This is your chance to tell them.  

It doesn't look like many people have taken this survey. If QCA matters to you, please take the Survey and make a short post stating that you have "Done" the survey so we can see how many are responding.

- - - - - - 

Donna, I did take the survey but didn't post to that thread saying I had done so.  I didn't see the need, but I suppose if each person posts, it will bump the survey announcement up to the top of the list each time.  I'll see if I can find it again.

- - - - - -

Edit:  Duh!  I didn't have to go find it because you provided the link!  TGIF

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

Marie:

Nancy, thanks for the memory jog.  My DH and I did this same trip eons ago and probably have these same pics, except for the whale boat captain.  Only had eyes for DH legs at that time.  That pic could've been of him, put a smile on my face, thank you. 

I'm glad it brought back happy memories!  I know I'm sure making some!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 12:37 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna, 

Right after you posted the info on the QCA improvement survey, they closed that thread and opened this new one, so let's repeat your message:

- - - - -

Thanks Nancy,

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 24,665
Debbie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

Ladies, thanks for all the well wishes on my surgery.  here's newest status -   I was suppose to have surgery on Aug 7 for my lower back, both front (correct ruptured disk)and back (fix stenosis) incisions but that's on hold till I get insurance straightened out.  seems that they are not certifying it as necessary, yet!  which means, they won't pay everything (which I have been fortunate that insurance has covered 100% on the last surgeries I've had).  so have to wait for doc to send more paperwork and insurance to review and make another decision.  so don't know when surgery will be. 

And wouldn't you know my back has been hurting more this past week!  I can sit and sew but very limited time.  Ain't Life great!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

Oh my, Debbie,  I hope everything gets straightened out for you soon and you can get the surgery.   I have been in your situation with the back pain before my surgery.   Good luck.  You are in my prayers .    Ginny

Page 1 of 244 (3651 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use