Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 256 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 254 255 256 257 258 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:28 PM | Locked

"Second try - got the sorry message first time.  Post usually goes through even with message, but I think it didn't this time."  

Got sorry message 2nd time but as usual both messages posted.  Erased this one to save space. This just is not my day.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:39 PM | Locked

Candis :
I finally finished that Hankie Butterfly Quilt,

What a beautiful, delicate quilt - perfect for a 90 yr old.  My old hankies that I used when I was a "youngster" had holes in them by the time I was done with them.  Should have saved some of the prettiest ones, but we used the life out of them.  I love your border and quilting.

Well, here goes another "sorry" message.  Every post seems to go through OK.  I will always check now instead of re-posting.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:40 PM | Locked

Carol,

Great job on the quilt for one of your DD bedrooms. I have some half square triangles I'd like to incorporate in a quilt one day. Yours looks great!

Deb,

Looks like you hit a home run with the vintage look you were going for with the reproduction blocks. Love it. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:48 PM | Locked

Duplicate post

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:49 PM | Locked

I don't have to worry about making the mistakes either. They just come natural. I always do my best but mistakes are just part of it. Only time I'll ever be perfect is when I get to Heaven.  Thankful we have a forgiving God. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:55 PM | Locked

Candis,

The hankie butterfly quilt is amazing. Love the brightness of it. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:59 PM | Locked

Marsha, 

The blue quilt is beautiful. I love the batik fabric!! Just wonderful!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, May 27 2014 3:08 PM | Locked

Donna, you're daughter's quilt turned out beautiful! The longer I look at it, the more I love it. I can't advise you on a quilting design. I usually just do an all over meander. At the most I'll do a design in the borders.

On the back, what about making large alternate blocks of white, yellow, black? Or wide stripes of each color.

I like making design backs but lately I've just being using the wide muslin.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 27 2014 3:41 PM | Locked

Marsha, love the quilt top design.

WeeZee & Judy I kind of mixed both your ideas.  I found some black fabric that I had and I used the border fabric I had left to border the back also.  Should come out okay.  Rosie likes it.  I'm not so good with the stipple meander maybe I will try and trace the vine lines on the border and just straight line the boxes in the middle.  Thats tomorrow's project.  I'm pooped for the day.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,316
Points 18,480
erindipity replied on Tue, May 27 2014 3:55 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts ladies!  

I've been working on putting the patriotic blocks from the swap together. It's looking pretty nice.  Looks like I need to go to the LQS tomorrow (DARN! :D) and pick up fabric for borders and backing.  HA! I went to get a pic of my progress and this is what I find...Voodoo taking a bath on my RWB quilt top! haha   Once the top is completed I'll take it outside and hang on the line and get a pic.  It's going to be a beauty! ♥

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:03 PM | Locked

Thank you to all for such nice comments on the hankie Quilt,Thea,  to explain the green, it's her most favorite color, and these are her shades!  Not my thing either,I know it looks solid, but it is a tone on tone of several shades of green! Pic looks brighter than it is! but it was all about her! Green the color of Life! She was the only one that mattered to me. Lol.  Marsha that is a beautiful quilt! Well done for sure! Now Blue is one of my favorite colors!   Donna, I love  that black and yellow, it is such a popular color this year! My son wants one!  I love the pattern!    Great job everyone!  Erin, already told you, but I will again Your totally sporting the red, white , and blue! Can't wait to see it done.   Thanks again everyone,   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:25 PM | Locked

Black n Yellow quilt sandwiched & ready for quilting.  Fourth of July Quilt, Pieced, Blocked & on Quilt wall. Backing is going to be the same color as the sashing.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 4,755
Barbara from California replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:36 PM | Locked

I love all the quilts you all have posted!  They're all so beautiful.  I am a little jealous because I haven't finished anything recently but I'll keep trying!

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:41 PM | Locked

They don't have to be finished to post.  We like in progress pics too. Barbara

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:56 PM | Locked

I finally finished these tops last week - I guess it was my border week because that was all I did (add borders to my quilt tops)!  Anyway - finally got pictures taken to share.  Hope you enjoy them!

This one is made with a Thimbleberries Jelly Roll that I have had for quite a while.  Borders are also Thimbleberries fabrics as will be the backing!

This one is my Baltimore's Country Cousin.

The last one is a Triple Irish Chain done with Civil War reproductions.  It is 104" X 104".

Sorry they are sideways - but I think you can get the idea.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Page 256 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 254 255 256 257 258 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use