Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 252 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 250 251 252 253 254 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,501
Points 50,635
Ginny replied on Sun, May 25 2014 8:17 AM | Locked

Ah, yes, Deb, it has been quite a challenge this past 3 or 4 weeks. Poor little fellow came down with what ended up being para influenza, according to the Doc.  It has been a challenge. he has been so miserable, but he is looking better now and still gaining weight and growing.  And now, starting to smile and talk to you,-- you know those, baby coos.  But it has sure run me down, all I seem to get done is feeding, changing, rocking and singing "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE" to him.  Now he won't settle down unless he gets his song.  LOL     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,612
Thea replied on Sun, May 25 2014 8:56 AM | Locked

Weezee, first to answer your question - most of MR's quilts end up being around 60x70 or 70x80 - if you wanted it bigger you could just add another border as she usually only puts on one.

Kris I finished the Cat quilt about 2 months ago now - I have it hanging in my Kitchen.  

Pat, Are you talking about, as her new one,From the Coast with Love.  It is pretty but doesn't draw me into it like some of her others.  I have Beach Walk - have not started it yet - had it for about 6 years now just watiing for me to do it - I had plans when I bought it to jump right in but then had one of those periods of real sickness that stopped me from doing anything for a while... I, also, have to do...True Nature - which I have started copying the patterns to fusible interfacing...I want to get At Home in the Woods - love the Black bears - now they draw me in...but I actually think I have that pattern somewhere - or maybe it was one I just wanted to buy...and Calling me Home calls to me but haven't given into that one yet - again the black bears block which I think is in a couple of these quilts...I did one of the Morning Mews in a Round Robin with girls here in Enid... I have the other two patterns of these but heaven knows where they are...I have made all her Christmas Holiday ones except the Snowmen which I am presently working on too...I like how she finished out her snowmen - but think I am going to do mine a little different - I have been desgining a snowmen and lady sashing to go in between  - not sure yet if I want to do all that work - we will see... but the snowmen only finish out to 8 1/2 inches so I wanted the quilt to be a little bigger - have also thought about doing a large center square and using her snowmen around it - we shall see  - it is in my drawing room in my head...  

I have a retraction - I have not done all her holiday - I had never seen gingerbread before so might have to delve into it... :)

I usually finish up the MR quilts with a meandering quilting - you really can't see much else - echoing and meandering - i suppose you could do some background ghosty dogs in the dog one - but I'll probably just meander...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,612
Thea replied on Sun, May 25 2014 9:27 AM | Locked

Correction to above comment - Pat is supposed to be Judy!  Don't know how I make these mistakes please forgive me.

Mimi, Deb and Kris - I so wish I could be messy like that - I have this terrible disease besides the medical ones that is called everything has to be in its place or I can't do anything... I can't cook unless the kitchen starts clean - and my sewing area has to be just so for me to start - I have to be so organized...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,612
Thea replied on Sun, May 25 2014 9:58 AM | Locked

Kris - here is a reposting of my MR cat quilt.  I love that it has the 3D laundry line on it - I have to still make an envelope for the back of the quilt to put these embellishments in for when this quilt is to be washed.

On her dog quilt she did some 3D with a scarf on the dog sitting on the bench and the Ear on the big dog - plus a 3D butterfly and I think an ear on another dog - plus I still have to make the 3D tug of war rope for the one block.  I will get there - Patience is what Quilting has taught me - lots of it.

The site is really slow today so I am going to stop now and be back later - I thought it might be my internet as it is drizzly and rainy here - my RA has reared its ugly head and I am still laying in bed as my back and legs and shoulders are screaming at me - so thought I would play some and read and post - but the site is slow... reminders of the past couple years... hoping it is just the weather or so many people signed on this morning... But need to get DH to go to the pharmacy for me and get me some eye drops - my left eye is affected by my RA and until I can get to the doc - the 12th earliest appt I could get - hope my site and eye hold out till then - but need him to go get me some drops for it... then to see what I can get myself to do - as each step movement is agony today..... bed is comfortable although I can't lay here forever... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, May 25 2014 11:07 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Oh Deb, It's so nice to know I'm not alone.  Sometimes I feel like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz when he tells Dorothy how his stuffing got spread all over the place.  Everything is everywhere.  My DH is afraid I'm going to take over the house little by little and he eventually he won't even have a chair to sit in there will be so much quilting paraphernalia all over the place.  LOL

Mimi, I' m already there!!  My sewing is set up in the middle of the kitchen (we usually eat in front of the TV anyway), Large cutting mat mounted on old paneling on top of the table, sewing machine next to that surrounded by tray tables.  I rest in the living room doing the hand part - trimming, pressing with a travel iron, and other hand jobs on a very worn "Cut 'n Press lap board.  Fabrics are piled in boxes and on 2 old recliners that should be moved out, and ironing is piled on the couch waiting for me to have a good day to iron them.  The ironing I know will go to fabric for the 5 quilts I have to finish before graduation and the clothes will wait to be pressed as needed.  It is good we don't have much company.  The family knows my strength comes and goes (usually goes) so are used to it.

Am finally set up to take pictures, but that will have to wait until we get home from dinner.  Rich's sister is taking us out to dinner with their mother - unfortunately they eat late (about 3:00 to 3:30 pm).  We got the cemetery planters filled in 2 cemeterys today.  That took all of this morning's energy.  Now I have a little time to take pictures but have to rake the grass where I'm taking the pictures so don't have to clean the grass off of them later.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 187
Points 2,955
Deb replied on Sun, May 25 2014 11:36 AM | Locked

Glad to hear the little man is doing better!! I know that wore out feeling!! When I watch the three little grand sons all together, I wished I had some of their energy and they had none! ( for a short time anyway!) lol!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sun, May 25 2014 12:16 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Kris, I know it's when I choose the fabric colors for my quilts that everything gets pulled out deciding on just the right blue or green.  Then I get into the cutting and the sewing and don't take the time to put everything away.  LUS is over here in a heap and swaps are there and Jo's mini quilts are stacked here and flimsies are towered there.  Oh I'm going to have to take at least two weeks and stop the madness and clean.  After I almost finish one project I get tempted by another, and another.  I think I need an intervention.  LOL : - P 

Sounds about right Mimi. I can usually keep the mess on my side of the room but with this "cleaning up" everything's spread out and spilled over. I've decided to not put it all back. One of my cabinets is going to the storage area in the basement. We'll use it to store cat supplies that are lying around in cardboard boxes.

I've moved my sewing cabinet across the room so it's now under a window and my fabric shelves have also been moved. I don't have a closet in this room so DH built free standing shelves. He thought we could move the big one without removing the fabric but he was wrong (underestimates the stash LOL).

I haven't even gotten to the books and magazines. I think I'll go through those this afternoon while I'm resting. My back is spasming, my signal that I'm overdoing it. I'm not sure what I'l do with the mags yet. Maybe find a digital copy and get rid of the hard copy. Who knows.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sun, May 25 2014 12:25 PM | Locked

Thea:
Kris I finished the Cat quilt about 2 months ago now - I have it hanging in my Kitchen.  

I saw when you started it. It's quite lovely. I have a hard time resisting cats. 

I have two other MR patterns both of which I got from "The Great UFO Giveaway" here on QCA. "A Journey to Light" came from you and "Coffee" came from Judy I. (miss her). I like the "S**w Buds" one. I though of you when I saw it; I know how you love them.

I hope you're feeling better and up and about by now.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Sun, May 25 2014 1:08 PM | Locked

Deb, love your dream weaver quilt.

Thank you Kris.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Sun, May 25 2014 1:10 PM | Locked

Hello to all my fellow quilters, have been so busy with work since December I have not had the time to enjoy my quilting, well that has all changed, was laid off from my job on Wednesday and it was a permanent layoff, so guess what I will be doing for the next (6) months, I am going to be re-organizing the house and spend (4) hours every afternoon working on my quilting.  Going to make a  major change in my profession and looking forward to all that God has in store for me.  Will be checking back everyday with the ladies and gents on here.  Hope everyone has a blessed day and looking forward to watching everyone's progress with their projects.

Tamra

Tamra

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Sun, May 25 2014 1:14 PM | Locked

This quilt is amazing, I have been looking at this Block of the Month for over (8) months.  I think as soon as my current block of the month ends I am going to do this one, will look so pretty hanging over my fireplace and I love kitty kats.

Tamra

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 251
Points 4,145
SpringerMom replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:14 PM | Locked

No... I didn't work on a quilt today. But, I did clean my house and do some laundry so I'll be able to spend guilt-free time on my quilting tomorrow. Does that count? 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 3,210
hhhdmh replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:28 PM | Locked

I finished my grandson's 10th birthday quilt. He is into eagles and patriotic stuff. I used the blocks from the patriotic block swap and added some more of mine with it.

God Bless

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,612
Thea replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:38 PM | Locked

Kris , I was up for a while got my kitchen floor scrubbed and clean - it is so hard to get it just the way I want it as every time I start doing it the four footed children have to come see what I am doing and before it is dry they have their putty prints on it - or DH just has to come in and out 40 times to see what he can do - and Mom with her walker - but got part done and then the rest and no putty paws - DH was forewarned and I blocked the door but Mom never came - so it is all clean now - makes the rest of the day go great...

I love the patriotic quilts...hhhdmh - that is awesome - you got some really nice blocks in that swap - Patriotic quilts were the first ones I ever made - I truly need to start making some to repace those as they are really old now... oh my!  Yours is adorable.

I do like Snow Buds, Kris, My Grand daughter and I worked on it while I was in MN - I do like how MR finished hers but am thinking truly of something different - we shall see - it may be one of those that ends up in my WIP basket...:)  for at least 2 months anyway - we shall see...

How is your long arm doing?  Have you done any of your quilts up on it or are you still having problems with birds nests... DH and I decided when we get to MN that I will have one room that a long arm will be able to fit in - we have been looking at houses with finished basements... a couple have really caught my eye... It is in the Lord's hands though...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 187
Points 2,955
Deb replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:41 PM | Locked

hhhdmh, I do believe you are gonna have one happy grandson when he see that!!!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Page 252 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 250 251 252 253 254 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use