Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 251 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 249 250 251 252 253 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sat, May 24 2014 8:37 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
McKenna Ryan's latest one is especially appealing to those of us who live on the west coast. We'll have views like that at our Oregon coast retreat!

Judy I've looked at that one too. I think my in-laws would love it. As you said, the price gives one pause.

I haven't done much sewing as I'm still trying to clean up my sewing room. I feel nauseous whenever I walk in there. I don't know why I started this mess. LOL. The darn cats just won't help and there are no elves helping overnight. Anyway, I found a pre cut kit for a rail fence that was in a box from Diane's stash. I'll send it to whomever wants it. I took a photo of the description on the back as well as the front. It has not been opened. Send me a PM if you're interested. You do not need to send me a "friend" request. I accept conversations from everyone. Just click "start a conversation". If I get many responses I'll do a drawing.

Please note this fabric is poly/cotton. The company is Quilt King Products.

Since it's a holiday weekend I'll wait until Tuesday evening to give everyone a chance to see it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 187
Points 2,955
Deb replied on Sat, May 24 2014 8:39 PM | Locked

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam , they are foundation pieced. I took a class off craftsy,that really helped me get started .Glad you like them! :)

Deb

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sat, May 24 2014 8:41 PM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:
I finally finished fixing up what used to be my older daughter's bedroom. I removed the carpeting (I will eventually refinish the floor), painted, got new drapes, and made a quilt. This was my first scrap quilt and I used all FQs that I had. The only fabric I purchased specifically for this quilt was that used in the dark blue borders and backing. Those are the same fabric. Only one more spare bedroom to go!

WTG Carol. Want to come work on my sewing room? LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 683
Points 10,640
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, May 24 2014 8:43 PM | Locked

Deb sounds like a good idea.  I watched some You Tube tutorials and the Quilty Part 1 & 2 Paper Piecing Tutorial which was pretty informative,  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 24 2014 9:13 PM | Locked

I'm still working on my yard.  Then I'm planning a garage sale. Looking at possible houses for family to move to, its just really busy time of year for me , no sewing in sight yet for me.  Boo Hoo.  Love all the quilts everyones talking about.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 643
Points 12,580
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sat, May 24 2014 9:59 PM | Locked

Kris:

Carol from Pittsburgh:
I finally finished fixing up what used to be my older daughter's bedroom. I removed the carpeting (I will eventually refinish the floor), painted, got new drapes, and made a quilt. This was my first scrap quilt and I used all FQs that I had. The only fabric I purchased specifically for this quilt was that used in the dark blue borders and backing. Those are the same fabric. Only one more spare bedroom to go!

WTG Carol. Want to come work on my sewing room? LOL

Sure, Kris. i'll be right up!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sun, May 25 2014 12:21 AM | Locked

Kris, I know exactly how you feel.  I look around in my sewing room and i wonder how it got to be this way.  And then I know it's my own doing and I cringe.

Carol from Pittsburgh, since you're driving to Maine, you will need a place to stop for a night or two.  How about you come and help me order my sewing room?  I'll pay in fabric!!  And Philly's right on your way.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sun, May 25 2014 12:24 AM | Locked

LOL Carol. I take it I shouldn't hold my breath?

I'll get it done. I run out of steam really quickly so I take frequent breaks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sun, May 25 2014 1:00 AM | Locked

Mimi we must have typing at the same time. My mess is my own doing as well. I should not have moved everything at once. I'm overwhelmed and don't want to put it all back.

Wouldn't it be fun if we could go to each other's homes and redecorate as needed? We might not get much work done though.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, May 25 2014 5:13 AM | Locked

Kris, I  am right there with you. In Feb. I promised a 13 yo at church that I would teach her to quilt. I told her I would need a couple of months to finish up some things. I've decided to tell her she can have her first lesson next Sat. and I will just shove stuff to the side. LOL, wasn't expecting the Good Housekeeping Award anyway. I am still quilting on my June Scrappy and have an extra table set up by the sewing machine so there is not much walking room. I'm going to take the table down and call it good. She might as well see all sides to being a quilter.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sun, May 25 2014 6:27 AM | Locked

Kris, I know it's when I choose the fabric colors for my quilts that everything gets pulled out deciding on just the right blue or green.  Then I get into the cutting and the sewing and don't take the time to put everything away.  LUS is over here in a heap and swaps are there and Jo's mini quilts are stacked here and flimsies are towered there.  Oh I'm going to have to take at least two weeks and stop the madness and clean.  After I almost finish one project I get tempted by another, and another.  I think I need an intervention.  LOL : - P 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,670
Ginny replied on Sun, May 25 2014 6:34 AM | Locked

Really neat vintage looking quilt, Deb.  I have made that block up myself, but am unable to get anything else done on it.   Since I am caring for my new GGS every day, I don't get anything else accomplished. LOL      Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 187
Points 2,955
Deb replied on Sun, May 25 2014 6:59 AM | Locked

Mimi, what you wrote describe me!! But when the fabric is all around me .. It's so delightful!!!it starts me humming, and talking to myself.lol

Deb

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 187
Points 2,955
Deb replied on Sun, May 25 2014 7:02 AM | Locked

Thanks, Ginny! Taking care of that baby and giving lots of loving is important!! They grow SO fast!!

Deb

Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sun, May 25 2014 8:01 AM | Locked

Oh Deb, It's so nice to know I'm not alone.  Sometimes I feel like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz when he tells Dorothy how his stuffing got spread all over the place.  Everything is everywhere.  My DH is afraid I'm going to take over the house little by little and he eventually he won't even have a chair to sit in there will be so much quilting paraphernalia all over the place.  LOL

Page 251 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 249 250 251 252 253 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use