Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 243 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 241 242 243 244 245 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, May 19 2014 2:49 PM | Locked

weezee56:
Mimi, any boy would love this quilt.

Thanks Weezee.  I'm sure the mom will be on restricted bed rest before I know it.  Gotta get these two quilts finished pronto.   Thanks for keeping me motivated by your compliments.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Mon, May 19 2014 3:55 PM | Locked

I have a question. I recently purchased embroider designs that I want to incorporate in a red and white quilt. Does anyone know of a quilt pattern that would work with embroidery blocks that are 12 inches in height and 6 inches in width? Any help would be appreciated. I haven't started the embroideries yet as I need to get enough thread so all will be the same color of red. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 19 2014 4:02 PM | Locked

Ramona:

I have a question. I recently purchased embroider designs that I want to incorporate in a red and white quilt. Does anyone know of a quilt pattern that would work with embroidery blocks that are 12 inches in height and 6 inches in width? Any help would be appreciated. I haven't started the embroideries yet as I need to get enough thread so all will be the same color of red. 

How about an uneven split rail design?  You could have your 6x12 in the center and an a 3x12 on each side.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Mon, May 19 2014 4:29 PM | Locked

Thank you MaggieNae. I will keep that in mind. Was trying to upload a picture of how the embroidery designs look. See if it works this time. A little big but it worked. I'll have a lot of these designs in the quilt. I purchased them from Embroidery Library. Guess I have 20 or more. Don't know how many I'll get in the quilt until I figure out the pattern. I do have the split rail pattern so I'll see if I can figure something out with that.  Thanks again

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Mon, May 19 2014 4:59 PM | Locked

Oh Ramona I like the design.  Can't wait to see how the quilt comes out.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:13 PM | Locked

Ramona, very pretty design.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 479
Points 7,645
Julienne replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:17 PM | Locked

Thea:

Julienne - it is so nice to see you back and your quilt just looks awesome with your head peaking out from underneath it - I am so very happy that you like it and I hope it brings you years of comfort and joy!  I am so happy that you and Thomas have a home of your own now - it is better I think to be in a happy stress free place and hopefully there will be no major problems with your health!  I pray for you each and every day!

Thea,    Thank you so much, with some of the stress gone and some recovery efforts really working.  The quilt is a reminder of how many people do care every day. I  really appreciate it very much.

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:35 PM | Locked

Ramona --depending on what you want to do - I think Ohio Star blocks and Snowballs would be great to incorporate your embroidered blocks.   Those two blocks do a lot to highlight designs.  Or you could do a single irish chain and do the embroidered blocks in the large square - double and triple irish chains would work too!  

Have you bought your thread yet?  Are you going to use a polyester thread or a cotton?  There is a place that sells Aurifil threads in Canada that does this package deal and I got I think about 8 spools of Red from them last year for less then $40 american dollars.  They send out real quick.  I ask because most do embroidery in polyester but when I do embroidery for quilts I turn to all cotton!  If you are interested in the place, let me know and I'll look it up - they only do these large orders though and if they did white or off - white collections I would buy from them more as it takes a while to use up all the red - I have been starting to do some quilts just to use up the red!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:38 PM | Locked

I keep getting bumped off. This is my 4th try at posting. 

I finished a project today, a wedding shower gift for a co worker. The theme of the shower is textiles so I made a set of 4 seasons candle mats. I reduced some patterns from Kim Schaefer's Calendar Quilts.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:44 PM | Locked

Judy - those are adorable - I absolutely love them!  Sorry you are getting bumped off - since the site has been up and running with the new company I have not had any problems - a tiny bit slow at time loading pages but I think that might be part my internet provider - the wind here has been bad today and we seem to have problems here when it is windy or wet!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:52 PM | Locked

Judy, Your candle mats are so sweet. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:52 PM | Locked

Thea, I think it was "operator error". I keep hitting the wrong key on the keyboard. QCA has been working really well for me. Long day today and I'm trying to hurry through things. I need to just take a deep breath and  s  l   o   w    d  o  w  n. :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,904
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Mon, May 19 2014 7:22 PM | Locked

Judy, the mats are so cute. Lucky co-worker.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 5,940
Barbara from California replied on Mon, May 19 2014 8:22 PM | Locked

Hi Judy!  I love the candle mats!  I've been wanting to make them but after seeing yours I REALLY want to make them!!

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 911
Points 17,245
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, May 20 2014 5:53 AM | Locked

Ramona, that's a beautiful embroidery design. I can't wait to see the quilt you make with it! What kind of machine do you have? I'd like to get one someday, probably as soon as I have my kitchen update paid for.

Page 243 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 241 242 243 244 245 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use