Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 232 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 230 231 232 233 234 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, May 8 2014 4:39 PM | Locked

Thea:

Marsha, I love your block - So many pieces - When you get it done you need to break your arm patting yourself on the back - very nice.  Your DGD is an extremely lucky young woman!

Thanks, Thea, I love doing this quilt, but if I break my arm patting myself on the back, I wouldn't be able to get the other 3 tops done.  Hopefully this top will be done this weekend and I can get to the next Hunter's quilt.  Both of these are needed the weekend after graduation.  Both parties are planned on the same weekend so that daughter from Texas can be here for graduation and both parties.  I don't know when the other parties are, except the party for the grand nephew that I have the top done for won't be until late in July so I don't need to finish it until later.  

Thanks also Mamagshouse and everyone else who has commented on this quilt.  Hopefully I can get pictures taken next week and post them soon.  The Hunter's quilt will be for brother of grandson I made one for last year.  The center is a panel of deer surrounded by attic windows blocks of local wildlife.  This one will have a few cows added because he always has loved cows and works on a dairy farm when he is not in school.  This is his girl friend's farm;, so the cows have a double meaning!!   The other two quilts are for grand nieces and probably will be flowers.  I have collected flower fabrics for years and years.  Don't know what block or blocks I will use, but the ideas will be swirling in my mind while I finish these 2 quilts.  

Computer problems continue.  The keyboards worked this morning, but now the computer won't recognize the printer.  Hopefully it is just the USB cord.  I will get a new one tomorrow, so hopefully that will fix the problem.  The crazy thing is that the printer worked until I tried to scan the block.  Had to use the camera instead.  Since the failure of the scan, the computer won't recognize the printer at all and tells me the USB cord must be unplugged.  STRANGE COMPUTER!!  Want my old one back.  I just wore it out.  May try to get it fixed and updated so I can use it again.  Needs a new screen and updates so I can use Windows 8.1 .  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Finished the border on the current quilt I'm working on.  Next week batting and quilting. Then I'll post the final outcome.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, May 9 2014 2:55 PM | Locked

Finished 2 LUS blocks today, I just might get caught up before the next assignment.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Fri, May 9 2014 8:20 PM | Locked

Marsha, that is a very nice block. I can't wait to see all three quilts completed!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Fri, May 9 2014 8:25 PM | Locked

Today I was sick and stayed home. After a very long nap, I worked on my brother and SIL quilt. I now have the first three blocks done. I am also hand quilted on my other brother's quilt. I decided to make one for each of my four brothers as I already did one for each of my two sisters. Adding some baby quilts through it all, it keeps me very busy.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,190
Agnes replied on Sat, May 10 2014 8:20 AM | Locked

The quilt that is in quilting progress keeps staring at me. I am almost down to bare bones for the moving process. Reminds me of the show "Consumed" except I have all the boxes piled up. Also I have done all the work, no fairies coming in to do it for me. Just one week left until I hit the road eastward.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, May 10 2014 8:33 AM | Locked

Angele, I don't envy the moving process one bit, but do envy getting new environs.  We're getting ready to help my daughter move next weekend as they just bought a house.  I think I'm just going to be stuck babysitting, like I'm doing today while she works and he goes to clean up the house they bought to get it ready to move into.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,739
gini replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:23 AM | Locked

I have been down with the flu for a few days, my fever broke last night and I have quilts to make, so I will be in the sewing room today, getting borders on two of my wool quilts  that makes three down and four to go.  no 5 to go.  I can't count, or remember.  they're all sitting on the couch in various stages of done.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:30 AM | Locked

Ugh, sorry Gini, how miserable. Feel better soon.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:31 AM | Locked

I'm glad your on the mend Gini! That stuff is miserable!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 4,645
SpringerMom replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:44 AM | Locked

Agnes, I really enjoy packing up and moving into a new environment. I'd love to come and help you if I lived in Canada, but I'm a long way away! Are you making the move alone or will your family be helping you with the move and drive to your new home?

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:44 AM | Locked

Glad that you are feeling better, Gini.   I just got over bronchitis and felt miserable too, so I know how the miseries go.  I planned on working on quilt blocks today, but the arthritis in my thumbis saying --"No, you don't"  Darn it   Guess I'll have to find some other trouble to get into.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:45 AM | Locked

Oh so sorry to hear you've been ailing, gini.  Glad to know you are better and getting on with your projects.

gini:
in various stages of done.

Been there and have the T-shirt.  : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:59 AM | Locked

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Gini, but glad to hear you are on the mend.and can back to the quilting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Sat, May 10 2014 11:22 AM | Locked

Gini, glad to hear you're feeling better. The flu is no fun. DD had it a few weeks ago and I was scared to death that I would get it too. So far so good and this is the one year I didn't get a shot.

Page 232 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 230 231 232 233 234 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use