Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 231 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sat, May 3 2014 4:09 PM | Locked

Carol W:

I'm so excited!! I finally got my borders on my Baltimore's Country Cousin quilt that I have been working on since March 2011.  The top is done - now to the quilting!

Congratulations Carol. I just pulled mine out. I plan on hand piecing so it will be a while before it's finished.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sat, May 3 2014 4:09 PM | Locked

Roxana:
I've been working on birthday presents for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday. It helped me get in a little free motion quilting practice too!

Fantastic. WTG Roxana.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sat, May 3 2014 4:11 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:

Kris, I finally had a chance to look at your blog. Love all the pics of your quilt. This is one that I have the completed top so it is on my UFO list, Mine is in pastels and hardly looks like the same pattern. lol. Yours is a lot nicer than mine. I like your POC block, both versions. I decided to work on the sampler blocks for awhile because EPP is totally new to me and I need the practice, You do such beautiful handwork that I know yours will be gorgeous!

Thanks Pat. Handwork is my favourite (except for bindings).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Sat, May 3 2014 4:55 PM | Locked

Kris:
it will be a while before it's finished.

Kris, it, too, will be awhile before mine is completed  since I will be hand quilting.  But excited to have the top finished.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:28 AM | Locked

I am working on different blocks for swaps, trying to get them all done so I can finish the hanky quilt!   Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Mon, May 5 2014 8:12 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Angele:
Agnes, I am happy that you are moving closer to family. Are you moving west or north of Winnipeg? I am envious that you will be able to enjoy the lake view while you create.

I'm moving east  from Winnipeg and will actually be more or less north of you in Red Lake. Have to change my signature. Will be an Ontario resident in just over two weeks time. 

Agnes you will be about 400 km north of me! I've never been there, but I might need a road trip there. Safe travels on your move.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 1,425
Patricia replied on Tue, May 6 2014 7:27 AM | Locked

Donna,

I like your avatar with the pretty lavender and purples scene. I was looking trying to figure out MQ8's and just thought I would say it's pretty.

Patricia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 6 2014 7:32 PM | Locked

This is what I have been working on.  i have nearly all patches done......just a dozen 9 patches to go.  The small squares  are just 1/2 inch square!  Thought I could tell you computer  problems were solved, but tonight only the touch keyboard works.  I do have faulty keys working so I have my P back, but now have to type on the screen..........not much fun for a touch typist.   Enough of that for now.  More troubleshooting tomorrow.

This is the second of the five graduation quilts I need to do.  Will get picture when it is all assembled.  It is MQ 8 and will be the larger size  I made when we made these quilts. This grand daughter wanted teal and green.  This mottled fabric is the best I could find.

Enough punching computer screens for me.  I will get this new computer mastered yet!!!   ( or it may be returned )

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,934
Points 125,235
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, May 6 2014 7:40 PM | Locked

TMarsha. Love the fabrics you are using. Beautiful colors. I intend to make another of these MQ8. It's my favorite MQ. I have it resized in EQ7 to a larger size. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Tue, May 6 2014 10:21 PM | Locked

Marsha Your MQ8 looks so pretty, I love the fabric you are using. My DD2 really likes this pattern too, I think she is hinting around for me to make her one. I miss not making a MQ this year. I make the last 3.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
DeniseBuglino replied on Tue, May 6 2014 10:45 PM | Locked

Candis, this is such a gorgeous way to arrange hankies for a quilt!  I would love to make one similar to it if I could understand how you folded the hankies to make the butterfly shape.  I hope you didn't have to cut any of the hankies to do this.  I am a beginner and just wishing to make a memory quilt with my mother's hankies.  Thank you for posting this beautiful quilt photo.  I'm sure your aunt will LOVE it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:14 AM | Locked

DeniseBuglino:

Candis, this is such a gorgeous way to arrange hankies for a quilt!  I would love to make one similar to it if I could understand how you folded the hankies to make the butterfly shape.  I hope you didn't have to cut any of the hankies to do this.  I am a beginner and just wishing to make a memory quilt with my mother's hankies.  Thank you for posting this beautiful quilt photo.  I'm sure your aunt will LOVE it!

Hello first of all! No I didn't cut the hankies. The folding is pretty simple I can send you some pictures of the folding technique if you want. It's a great way to honor someone using their hankies. I will Send a friend request, or if your interested you can PM me.  I would love to help you!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, May 7 2014 5:21 AM | Locked

Marsha, I love your block - So many pieces - When you get it done you need to break your arm patting yourself on the back - very nice.  Your DGD is an extremely lucky young woman!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, May 7 2014 9:28 AM | Locked

Judy, I have also resized in EQ7.  I like how  can resize anything for rotary cutting.  I don't mind 1/16th of an inch for a measurement.  Do it all the time in those small samplers.  I have the fuschia quilt I made when we all did this quilt, but this girl wanted teal and her sister wants chartreuse!!!!  That one may be harder to find.  I think I will do a similar block in the same setting.  Noone seems to like the fuschia (can't spell that so let's call it deep rose.)  I love it so may keep it for the livingroom.  Would have to replace orange rug, though.  It is 40 yrs old so needs replacement.

I also love this teall/green (actually yellow but looks green with blue).  I had bought the fabric because it was on sale and I loved it.  Right purchase at the right time.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, May 8 2014 11:44 AM | Locked

Marsha, nice work love the fabric choices.

Page 231 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use