Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 228 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:41 PM | Locked

Same here Kris - if you lived closer I would do them for you!  I sit and watch tv when I am unable to sit at the sewing machine and do my bindings... I have 3 of my own to do that I brought with me - I keep warm under the quilt as I am sewing the hand part of the binding... I love putting in that last stitch.  

By the way - your quilt is very sweet!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 7:24 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone. I don't know why I dislike bindings. One of my coworkers quilts her daughter's projects and her daughter does her bindings. I need to get in on a deal like that for real.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425
Barbara in Colorado replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 7:56 PM | Locked

Kris,

You did a great job with this quilt.  I love what you did with the borders - you are so creative!  I have always liked this block for using up scraps.

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:04 PM | Locked

Kris, the last two bindings I did on the baby quilts came out perfect....that's a first for me.  Now that I've figured the correct way to do it, I don't think I will hate doing them quite as much, except for those large queen sized ones. They always seem to take me forever.  Your quilt and binding looks perfect and beautiful, as usual.  I just love the precision of your work.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:09 PM | Locked

I actually was able to sit down this afternoon and piece 2 LUS blocks together...gee, now I'm only 16 blocks behind.  Maybe I'll get a couple more done tonight, afterall it only took me all morning to find all of the civil war fabric I moved so we could have Easter Dinner on the dining room table.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:14 PM | Locked

Kris, I remember when you first posted your top and now it's a beautiful quilt. Loved it then and love it now. Great work as usual.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,293
Points 29,240
Agnes replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:01 AM | Locked

I am slowly getting the quilting done on a mystery quilt I just did recently. No great motivation to get it done but I am enjoying the journey. I am also slowly starting to pack for my move on May 17. There is very little I can pack until the last few days. I am leaving the big city and going back to a small town. Decision came about so that I can be closer to only remaining son. I am moving into a very similar apartment but do gain a balcony. I will be able to see the lake from it so I feel like I am gaining a bit of heaven that way.

I would just like to make a comment based on so many comments that are similar to  "when I find it."  I use clear storage containers to hold my various projects. All fabrics dedicated to that project are in one container. When I want to cut I pull out the bin, find the required pieces of fabric, cut the pieces and lay them out on a small design board that fits into this bin. I am interrupted and have to leave the project or clear the area then everything goes back into the bin. Next time I work on it I just pull out the bin and I am ready to go. For that reason also I will be moving six hours away but when the furniture is in place and the boxes unpacked I will be able to pick up where I left off, whether it was a week ago or six months ago. I evolved this system for myself because I took a "learn to quilt" course that spanned 13 weeks at a time while I was working anywhere from 60 to 100 hour weeks. I still kept up with all quilting lessons because my time was spent sewing and not looking for items for a longer period of time than I had to sew.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,856
Points 32,245
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:31 AM | Locked

Getting ready to head to lunch with a friend but spent the morning putting up a Design Wall in my sewing room.

Anyway, I was checking email and came across this easy grocery tote made from old pillowcases! For those cities and states that have gone green, it makes a great gift!

http://sewingdork.blogspot.com/2010/10/easy-five-step-market-tote-and-its.html

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:57 AM | Locked

Great idea Roxana thanks also great to hear from you. Hope our other members in the states that got hit with severe weather are OK.

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:46 AM | Locked

The town in OK that was hit hard was ehere my DSIL's DGM, DA & a DU all live, out of town, so they are all okay.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:53 AM | Locked

Hey, anybody wants to quilt mine and I'll sew bindings all day long.  I love to cut out, except when I mess up; piece all day; and love doing bindings but hate the quilting part.  just get frustrated with all the bulk. I don't mind doing the corners, have found what works for me and corners look pretty good, if I do say so myself. I even like stitching them down by hand, that part(except for threading the needle) is relaxing to me.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:02 PM | Locked

Candis - live your butterfly quilt and aunt is sure to love it, too.  Makes me wish I had a bunch of old hankies, but only have 2 - one was my Mom's and one was mine when I was little and they were used. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:02 PM | Locked

Candis - love your butterfly quilt and aunt is sure to love it, too.  Makes me wish I had a bunch of old hankies, but only have 2 - one was my Mom's and one was mine when I was little and they were used. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:03 PM | Locked

Candis - love your butterfly quilt and aunt is sure to love it, too.  Makes me wish I had a bunch of old hankies, but only have 2 - one was my Mom's and one was mine when I was little and they were used. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:03 PM | Locked

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 228 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use