Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 227 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:31 AM | Locked

Candis :
I am slowly making progress on our aunts Quilt for her 90 th Birthday In May!

It's beautiful Candis. I like the embroidery on the washings and, of course, the butterflies are gorgeous. I remember when you started this. She's going to love it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:34 AM | Locked

Thea:
Kris, I am madly packing last minute items for my trip north but opened my email and saw you had finished the quilt.  Beautiful!  Your work is fantastic and no one but those here who read your words will ever know that you were so frustrated with this quilt.  Amazing isn't what can happen when we are more stubborn then our tools.  Fantastic job and you are a truly wonderful woman!  

Thanks Thea. I didn't realize you were so close to moving. Are you sure you really want to go north?

Pat Lancaster:

Kris, your quilt is beautiful. Apparently all the suggestions on how to tame it put some fear in it and it decided to behave. LOL, we all know that you persevered and did not give up. Congratulations, it is beautiful and all those who helped have a right to be proud. I am sure your co-worker will love it and feel honored that you all think so highly of him. I am so excited to see what you will produce on you new longarm if you can do this with all the problems you had. Again, congratulations on a beautiful quilt! 

Pat, thanks. I appreciate your vote of confidence. I've been thinking about it while rearranging my sewing space. I'm scared to death that I get that fancy machine then turn out to be crap at it. LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:08 PM | Locked

Thea, glad you made it OK. Enjoy the Grands and take it easy, don't over do.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:54 PM | Locked

Thea:
We made it safely to MN although at times I wanted to scream

Glad you made it Thea. Have a nice time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:55 PM | Locked

gini:

nice job kris, I'm glad you got this one behind you, it was making you grumpy, I could tell by the frowny face I assumed you were wearing.

Thanks Gini. "Frowny face" doesn't quite cover it. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 1:29 PM | Locked

Kris:
Thanks Thea. I didn't realize you were so close to moving. Are you sure you really want to go north?
Kris - we aren't moving yet - we are packing up the house though and moving a little at a time to a storage unit up here.  I am thinking that there are a lot of good points to moving here that even though it will be cold will help me out.

I am going to list them for myself...;)  1.  my son 2.  my grand kids 3.  my allergies will be so much better out of OK where we have 3 different trade winds that fly though where I live in OK.  4.  DH will be able to get a good job again doing what he does.  5-infinity - my grandkids

Echo asked me today if we were going to start making her quilt - she is so ready - we decided on a simple square version of a quilt like one I made when I first started - we are going to go over to the storage unit and rummage in the fabrics I sent up - if there are none - well there is always a quilt shop - her first quilt shop experience...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 3:58 PM | Locked

I want to thank everyone for the sweet reviews on my Aunts Butterfly Quilt! I can't wait to finish it. Gotta hurry though her birthday is soon!  Thank you again! Encouragement and support from you all is why I love it here!  Your the bestest!!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:38 PM | Locked

Wow Candis this quilt is so sweet and very dainty.  You Aunt it going to Love Love Love it.  Absolutely Gorgeous work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 8:56 PM | Locked

Thea:
I am thinking that there are a lot of good points to moving here that even though it will be cold will help me out.

All very good reasons. If Echo is anything like you her first quilt will be awesome. It's so cool she has you for a teacher. I loved learning to sew with my grandmother.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 8:12 AM | Locked

I've got sew much catching up to do, both on this site and with my quilting.  I haven't even been to the LQS in a month, I think.  The baby is a sweet and happy baby, and I enjoy her so much, but I'm really feeling and falling so far behind in everything else I need and want to do.

I did manage to get another baby quilt finished this last week, but that was because the pressure was on as the baby shower was yesterday and required a drive over to Sacramento.  DD1 and I had the baby in tow as we crossed the mountain covered in snow, praying all the way the promised snow storm would not arrive until after our return to Nevada.  The prayers worked!  The quilt was well received, thank goodness and my grandbaby was the real hit of the shower!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back in the groove with my sewing soon, although little Kaylee is getting more and more demanding of my attention as her nap times seem to dwindle to precious few.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:17 AM | Locked

Karla:

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back in the groove with my sewing soon, although little Kaylee is getting more and more demanding of my attention as her nap times seem to dwindle to precious few.

Karla, I'm with you there, my 3 year old DGD has given up on her afternoon naps now and I sure do miss them. Some days she falls asleep in the car on the way to pick up older sister at school. Of course when we get back home she's wide awake and raring to go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:20 PM | Locked

Finished a UFO last night. It is MQ5. I quilted it right away but took over three years to add binding. Yes I hate doing bindings that much. LOL

I wrote a bit more about it in my blog.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:31 PM | Locked

Kris:
Finished a UFO last night. It is MQ5

I love the stars and moons on the border. Great quilt.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:45 PM | Locked

Kris hat is so nice! I love your border too!  That's a powerful hate for bindings! Lol. Very pretty, you always take such good pics! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,005
stitcheraz replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:25 PM | Locked

If you lived closer, I'd offer to help you out, Kris.  I've found I actually like doing bindings (by hand) because that means everything else is done and I'm that close to having another quilt finished.  Is there another quilter nearby who would trade bindings for something else?  Could be fabric, another skill, veggies from the garden, anything.... Your quilt is, as always, well done!

stitcheraz

Page 227 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use