Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 226 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:51 AM | Locked

I can't wait till my fabric comes in so I can do a Jelly Roll and a Layer Cake quilt.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 12:16 PM | Locked

Candis, it is beautiful, I'm sure she will love it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 12:17 PM | Locked

Mamag, I too like to order online, but hate the wait.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 1:58 PM | Locked

It won't be here for another week.  :(  But on a good note DH's back pay came in so Joann's here I come.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 184
Points 2,390
MizPat replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 2:08 PM | Locked

If tracing pieces for my DGD's wedding quilt counts, then I've worked on the quilt for the past 4 days. Now I have to go buy more fabric, since I came up short 1/2 yd of one color and 1/4 yd of another. I hope I can remember where I got them and that they're still available!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 3:08 PM | Locked

nice job kris, I'm glad you got this one behind you, it was making you grumpy, I could tell by the frowny face I assumed you were wearing.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,904
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:17 PM | Locked

Candis, it was worth the labor of love you put into the quilt. Beautiful work, can't wait to see it complete.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 912
Points 17,250
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 6:37 PM | Locked

Candis, your butterfly quilt is so pretty! The detail in it is amazing!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875
SpringerMom replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 7:13 PM | Locked

Oh my gosh, Candis! Your butterfly quilt is just so feminine and ladylike.. I can just picture a proper lady of your auntie's era carrying those sweet little hankies, all freshly laundered and pressed with lavender water. This will bring her to tears, no doubt. It's beautiful!     

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 4:25 AM | Locked

Candis, your hankie quilt is gorgeous! ! ! ! You aunt will probably never let it go once her hands are on it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 10,205
Pat A replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 6:20 AM | Locked

Candis, your butterfly quilt is beautiful.  Really like the embroidery too.  Your aunt will love it I'm sure.  Great job.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,717
Points 248,542
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:43 AM | Locked

We made it safely to MN although at times I wanted to scream - DH's cruise control didn't work quite right hauling the trailer so I couldn't use mine as I would set it and either fall behind him or almost run into him... so my legs ache like crazy today... but we got the trailer unloaded - loaded the a/c units back up in the truck to take back to OK - not sure why he loaded them and brought them up here... I guess I need to keep an eye on him - he also loaded a box of packing papers... I laughed and laughed...

but seeing the grands is wonderful... my son grilled out - just meat for dinner - not sure about that but then I'll figure it out or cook this week myself...got my sewing table set up in the basement which is cold but have my electric blanket to cuddle under to keep warm... and is supposed to get warmer...

Echo's ballet/jazz dance recital is today - I can't wait... 4th year of dance for her and I have been here all but last year when the doctor's wouldn't let me travel...

Candis - your butterfly quilt is gorgeous and your Aunt is going to love it!  You do awesome work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,717
Points 248,542
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:43 AM | Locked

We made it safely to MN although at times I wanted to scream - DH's cruise control didn't work quite right hauling the trailer so I couldn't use mine as I would set it and either fall behind him or almost run into him... so my legs ache like crazy today... but we got the trailer unloaded - loaded the a/c units back up in the truck to take back to OK - not sure why he loaded them and brought them up here... I guess I need to keep an eye on him - he also loaded a box of packing papers... I laughed and laughed...

but seeing the grands is wonderful... my son grilled out - just meat for dinner - not sure about that but then I'll figure it out or cook this week myself...got my sewing table set up in the basement which is cold but have my electric blanket to cuddle under to keep warm... and is supposed to get warmer...

Echo's ballet/jazz dance recital is today - I can't wait... 4th year of dance for her and I have been here all but last year when the doctor's wouldn't let me travel...

Candis - your butterfly quilt is gorgeous and your Aunt is going to love it!  You do awesome work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 8:17 AM | Locked

Candis, your butterfly quilt is just gorgeous!  Not to mention your appliqued sashing!  Your aunt must be a very special lady for you to go to all this labor intensive work.  Please take pics when she opens this "gem" and post them for us to see.  You are a very special lady to do all that you do.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 10:29 AM | Locked

Candis, I am usually just lurking here, but just had to comment on this quilt.  The butterflies are a perfect use of old-fashioned hankies.  I really like your sashings

- much more fitting than plain ones.  She is sure't to love it.  Can't wait to see the finished product..

I am going nuts here trying to type with a faulty keyboard on my new computer.  I have a separate USB keyboard that I kee* on the arm of the chair to correct the laptop's errors!  Very cumbersome.  To do serious work, I have to put a 10 in square ruler over the keyboard and put the extra one on top.  (My p is *, 0 is /, ; is - and / is +/!!!  I have tried to get help with my problem, but geek-squad, which I paid for, isn't recognizing my membership number.  I haven't called yet and closest Best Buy is 60 miles away.  Guess I will have to call on Monday and see what they will do!  This has gone on for over 2 weeks.  I am editing this paragraph now - it sure looks strange and drives the spell-check and me nuts.  Just imagine * for p and / for 0. This is one reason I am not replying to many posts here.  It is too tiring to retype or use other keyboard.

I don't know how you can get so much done with all the quilts you are finishing for others.  I wish I knew your secret --- I need to make 4 more college quilts for graduation.  Time is flying  by too fast!  I better get at one right now. - MQ8 first - mottled blue/green and white.

ps: Edit - missed one but not going back to correct.  I am sure you can guess that kee* is keep!!  type this with big keyboard.

Marsha - Western New York

Page 226 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use