Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 212 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 210 211 212 213 214 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:37 AM | Locked

Marie, that is so darned cute! I am going to have to get in on these beauties!  You gals have been so productive the last few days! Love everything that has been posted!!  Brigit Caryl. Bless Your Heart!  Funny story, but wow, kinda scarey!  Would it Help you if I told you , you were making that Quilt for me?   

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,852
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:38 AM | Locked

Donna:

Thank you all for your suggestions.  This is be borders that I THINK I am going with.

Donna - I do like the brown but am wondering if you had thought of pulling out the purple that you have in there.  For me the brown is just a little too dark but I do like it and when you are done - your eyes are going to stop right there and go back to the inside of the quilt.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,852
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:40 AM | Locked

Andrea Jo McColeman:

Andrea - very nice - your points are right on - great job.  I love the colors and it is a very modern pattern.  Is it for a child?

A your next post answered my question.  Congratulations on being a grandma for the first time.  I am a grandma 3 times over and love it - my youngest just turned 1 a few days ago - and DH and I are moving up to MN from OK so that I can be nearer my grandkids - I absolutely hate being so far away - missing all the holidays and birthdays - soon I will be there and be an overworked grandma and wondering why I ever wanted to move so close...:)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Andrea Jo McColeman replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:48 AM | Locked

You were very productive. Those are very nice!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,852
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 8:59 AM | Locked

Marie:

Pat and Kris, it's raining here in Millbury so I guess you are hurting with all the dampness.  Hope you are feeling much better soon.  I have a friend who has fibromyalgia and she hurts in this weather, warmth seems to help her so keep those joints wrapped up in something soft and cozy.  Kris, I know with you it's a bit different, your spasms come at different times and when unexpected.  Hope they find the root of it soon, it's been too long coming.  (((((HUGS)))))

Marie, You are so right on with the dampness hurting those with fms,  it is a debilitating disease that I wish they would work to find a cure for rather then just more medications that just mask the symptoms but I do thank those who have worked hard to give some - some relief.

I know what heat does for those with arthritis as I live in my electric throw year round - it goes with me everywhere when I visit someplace as heat is the only thing that gives me real relief... that and doing nothing with my feet up but since I can't live like that.

Kris, have they thought about a neuro stimulator for you like they put in for my neck - the nerves pain messages are cut off from getting to my brain and believe me it is wonderful - they also use them for other issues like your spasms.  I can't thank them enough for the one they put in me as I have told so many people I would not be here today if I was still in that +10 pain 24/7 the way I was.  i was at the end of my rope when they decided to try the stimulator and it saved my DH from being a widower.  It was very hard to try and live each day with all that pain.  They are now working hard to figure out what is the cause of the rest of the pain in my body - When you can breathe you realize that other parts are hurting... in my case it is my RA and OA causing all the problems to start and then the nerves and ligaments get involved.  I have a new appointment with my Neurologist for an EMG of my lower back now to find out if it is the cause of my bi-lateral shin pain.  They are giving me shots in my back and next going to do facet joint shots to see if they will help - neither the steroid shot or the facet joint shots helped the neck but they have to do this step by step... The neurologist I am going to back to is the one that finally diagnosed the nerve issue in my neck... surgery was my option to cure it but the other neurosurgeon was not sure that it would do the trick - although the first neurologist and radiologist said that was the only cure - so I have a stop gap measure in the stimulator that is not a cure but does help so so much.  I am hopeful that they will find the cause the same way for the lower back - 

It is very aggravating that I have been telling them about this for 15 years now and they are finally going to do something... they tell me one step at a time... why not do all the tests in the beginning - but then the insurance companies wouldn't make their millions...am I frustrated - angry and a lot of other things - YES - 

But in all of that - I am alive and doing better then a year ago - moving north to live near my grandkids shortly and able to clean my house - work in my garden and yes quilt... quilt quilt to almost my hearts content... 

I hope and pray for all of those that this weather is hurting so much that they get some relief soon.  I do recommend investing in an electric throw and a nice pillow to put under your legs while sitting... a good large lazy boy - I swim in my lazy boy but I can put extra pillows on both sides of me when I need to prop my arms up to get the pain under control... 

Oh I will stop now - as hands are screaming at me that they don't want to type anymore and I know there are more pictures for me to view and ooh and ahh about... love you all may my gracious Lord in heaven give all in pain some relief soon and hopefully it will be a nice spring and summer for all soon.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:14 AM | Locked

Donna,

Looks great!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:33 AM | Locked

Thea,  one of the reasons I didnt do the purple is because, purple is my favorite color,  so I do A LOT of things in purple lol.  But then again I do have some of the purple and pink batick that is in the 4th hst from the left near the bottom,  I may take another look at tht and see how much is left.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:54 AM | Locked

Ginny, I hope it ends up rain by the time that weather pattern gets here.  That one clump of snow that was left from the winter when I got home from FL was enough for me.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:12 AM | Locked

Thea:
I hope and pray for all of those that this weather is hurting so much that they get some relief soon.

I do as well, Thea, T's&P's going up for all going through pain of all sorts and for those just doing fine that they stay that way.  Good health is my prayer for everyone of you.  Like Kris, I have my cell phone alarm set in the afternoon to go off and where ever I am I stop for a moment and pray for my QCA family.  Can't remember or why we started doing this, do you Kris?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:18 AM | Locked

mamags, will this be a purse or a skirt?  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:42 AM | Locked

Marie:
 Can't remember or why we started doing this, do you Kris?

That should've read "Can't remember when or why".  Sorry.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:32 AM | Locked

Marie:

Debbie-do:

Here's what I made this afternoon...  Haven't filled it up with all my stuff yet but so far I'm liking it.  I added pockets, made the handles longer and put some batting in them to make them softer.

Debbie-do, I for got to ask, what size are your Dresden's?

Marie, I'm not sure if you're asking me about the fabric or about the ruler so ...  since Jenny says you can use layer cakes, I just cut 10" strips of fabric and cut wedges using this ruler.  It's longer than 10" so I was just careful to place the wide end on the edge of the fabric for each cut. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:32 PM | Locked

Marie - it was supposed to be a skirt but its not laying correctly.  I tried to put some darts in it.  That made it look worse.  Thanks for the great purse idea. That's better than my dismantling it and using it for another quilt.

mamag 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:54 PM | Locked

Marie:
Good health is my prayer for everyone of you.  Like Kris, I have my cell phone alarm set in the afternoon to go off and where ever I am I stop for a moment and pray for my QCA family.  Can't remember or why we started doing this, do you Kris?

There's a prayer list here on QCA (buried under all the newer posts) where members asked for prayers, for themselves or loved ones. We agreed to all pray at 2:30 PM Eastern time every day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:59 PM | Locked

Marie:
Pat and Kris, it's raining here in Millbury so I guess you are hurting with all the dampness.

Well we hit 80 degrees yesterday and have s**w in the forecast for tonight into tomorrow. The rapid change in temps doesn't feel good at all. The forecaster said February temps for the rest of the week. YUCK!

I love your photo. You're so cute. I'm overdue for one of your hugs.

Page 212 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 210 211 212 213 214 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use