Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 210 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 208 209 210 211 212 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 4:38 PM | Locked

weezee, your quilts and basket are so cute. Love the doll quilts.

Judy your top is great. I'd sure like to poke around your sewing room no telling what treasures I'd find.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,168
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:06 PM | Locked

Wow, Brigit-Carol, some story!  Glad you finally got the right diagnosis before stranger things happened.  LOL.  Love the carpenters star, can't wait to see it finished.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,168
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:12 PM | Locked

Weezee, love your doll quilts, they're adorable!  Your basket is lovely, love the buttons.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,168
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:15 PM | Locked

Judy, it's a beauty!  Nice work!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:16 PM | Locked

Candis :

Kris, That sure sounds puzzling!  Has this been going on for a long while?  I am so sorry you are experiencing this!  Hope they figure it out quickly!  Does thus happen all the time or just when you are active? Geeze, sounds very incapacitating . I will pray for answers for you!   

Sorry for the tardy reply. Yes it has been a while. It gets bad then improves. Not just with activity I don't really have to do anything to get it started, It lasts longer when I've been active.

Thanks for the prayers. Always welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,604
Points 119,225
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:21 PM | Locked

Weezee, the doll quilts weren't hard at all. Each section is a separate quilt with very good instructions. From the books Little Quilts All Through the House and  The Civil War Sewing Circle.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,168
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:21 PM | Locked

Thanks for all the compliments for my box.  I sewed blue buttons on it, pics to come.

thanks for the dimensions for the tissue box Bonita.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:23 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol I like your Carpenter's Star. I'm happy you're starting to feel better.

Marie et al cute fabric boxes.

Donna I like your "Playing with Jacks".

Thea I hope you get good news from the neurologist.

Sorry if I mossed anyone. Trying to catch up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,604
Points 119,225
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:29 PM | Locked

Bonita, please! Come to my house and poke around. Maybe you can find what I've lost. I have such a small sewing room that you'd think everything would be easily available. Not so. I get tired of or discouraged with a project and I STUFF it somewhere. There are bags and boxes of fabric pieces destined for a particular pattern and half finished tops.

Come organize me. I'll feed you! LOL

I need a month long retreat dedicated to UFO's and nothing else.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 7:18 PM | Locked

I've been away from this site for a few days (my computer went flooey)  and I can't believe how far behind I am on the posts.  Everyone has been so busy.  I can't remember everyone's names but let me just say what an amazing b unch of quilts you all are producing.  And I love the litle boxes.  I am going to have to try to make one of those tomorrow. 

Kris I so hope you begin feeling better.  I know what it is like to have those muscle spasms.  I suffer from fibromyalgia and it is flaring big time right now and my muscles (even my little toe) hurt plus I just don't feel good.  One day I feel okay and the next day I am in bed 'cause I don't feel like being anyyplace else.   Happens every Spring and Fall - change in weather and pollen seem to trigger a flare-up.  Go figure. 

Anyway, good job everyone.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525
SpringerMom replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 7:50 PM | Locked

I was thinking that in place of buttons on the boxes you could also make Yo Yo's, or cut out felt or wool flowers to emulate the flower blossoms on the fabric.  Don't think you'd even have to applique the felt or wool pieces, just tack them down. Could even add a button in the center of each... so many things would work!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 7:50 PM | Locked

Thanks for the link,  I will check it out when I get back from my trip.  I am leaving tomorrow to spend a month in MO,  where I am from and my kids live.  My daughter is getting married on the 26th and then my son graduates from college May 10th.  So I have a busy month ahead. 

As for the batiks,  yes there are some batiks in the top, but there are floral, and other prints.  Thanks for the compliment.  As for the 1/2 square triangles,  on this one I made them before the I got the template for making them without waste,  I cut them the drew the line down the middle and stitched, then cut off the rest.  I did take the next step and sew another line 1/2 inches over and cut between them so I had one of the size I needed for this top and one of a smaller size to be used sometime......

Donna

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Andrea Jo McColeman replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:15 PM | Locked

Where did you find the pattern for the fabric box, they are all so pretty!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Andrea Jo McColeman replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:15 PM | Locked

Where did you find the pattern for the fabric box, they are all so pretty!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:24 PM | Locked

First welcome to QCA Andrea. Good to have a new quilty friend. 

The link for the boxes that Debbie-do gave us is back on page 206 of this thread. Hope you have many great projects to share with all of us.  We love to see what you are quilting.

Page 210 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 208 209 210 211 212 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use