Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 205 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 203 204 205 206 207 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:06 PM | Locked

I can't believe I've been able to get back on the site!!  Have been able to read posts, but no replies, not able to sign or log in.  I called several times, left messages and finally got a response that my password would be reset.  I did sign in with Chrome as one emails response said that Chrome would work, and one response said only Internet Explorer would work.  I think it was the password though.  

So I can post now!! I will try to write out a longer reply to what I have been up to these last few weeks. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:52 PM | Locked

Debbie - I love it - so my favorite color - very nice...looks very easy too - a quick quilt... I might have to keep those directions for some quick quilts and easy ones that will look awesome.

I worked on cutting all the pieces for the center of my Autumn Baltimore album quilt plus the pieces for the swag borders... seemed to take forever.  

That was all done after the baptism this morning which just has me smiling and DH hasn't seemed so happy and relaxed in a long long time.  It is wonderful!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,632
Points 48,805
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:39 PM | Locked

Thank you everyone!  It was fun to do and yes, Gini, easy!  It would be great for a retreat!  Today's MSQC tutorial got me motivated too!  I haven't been so productive in the sewing room since I can't remember when.  I even made a label for my Big Brother quilt.

Here's what I made this afternoon...  Haven't filled it up with all my stuff yet but so far I'm liking it.  I added pockets, made the handles longer and put some batting in them to make them softer.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,695
Points 179,553
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:28 PM | Locked

Debbie-do, I watched that episode as well, love your bag!  I need to purchase the ruler and make a couple of them.  Love your colors!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:46 PM | Locked

I guess I need to watch the tutorial. Debbie, you did a great job on both projects! I love your quilt.

Yes, Candis, it is too quiet on here!

I spent the day working on my blocks for the patriotic block swap. Have only had to resew one so far! LOL!

... Then the rest of my day was spent sitting with the Chihuahuas. They were a little needy today. That comes from two days of quilt guild meeting and classes! The allergies have gotten to them as well. Who wouldn't thought that a cold winter produced more pollen!?! I guess I wasn't thinking!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:53 PM | Locked

Cute bag Debbie.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:11 PM | Locked

Love the Quilt Debbie, and the colors! Your pattern is cool, I did one similar with long rectangles, called Shadow Boxes I think!   I love, love that cute bag!  Great job!   Roxana, haven't started on my Patriotic blocks yet! But went to Fresno today, stopped at a few Quilt shops and bought some fabric for them!  Went to cool swap meet in Fresno!  Foot couldn't take to much though! But toes better! Yeah!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,243
Points 19,345
weezee56 replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:46 PM | Locked

Debbie this would be a good pattern to use for big pattern fabric. I love your colors.

Judy, I'm sure, looking at something that is partly finished, does count. I do that too.

Michelle, glad to see you back, I have always used Internet Explorer. I tried Chrome, and Firefox, but I liked Internet Explorer better.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:48 PM | Locked

Just catching up on all the posts...love everyone's work!

Judy - If your pic that accompanies your posts are recent - you look MAHVALOUS!!!  for 72 (at least that's the age I THINK I read...forgive me if I'm adding some years) - never would have guessed!  We share something else in common besides quilting...I also have degenerative disc disease - mainly cervical discs but have noticed it spreading to thoracic discs lately - and I'm only going to be 59 this Nov.!!  But it is a pain in the neck - no pun intended!  Think twice and twice again before agreeing to surgery -especially in the L4-L5 area...my hubby went through that and then spent 7 years in medical malpractice litigation!!!  He's OK now...but had a year of shear HELL!  I have not heard of anyone with good results from surgery in that area.

Weather has finally gotten nice here in the NE...so we've been busy getting landsacapers lined up (since we just moved in in the fall) and getting other chores done that it was just too cold and miserable to do before now.  My DH "finished" another wall in my "woman cave" (read: basement)...so I could organize my quilting stuff better.  Got all of my rulers, etc hung on the new wall, and now I can make spool holders this week that I will mount on the side of the floor-to-almost-ceiling bookcases to hold all of the thread spools and bobbins. YAY!  Didn't get much quilting done...have to take the new machine in this week to be looked at...making an awful noise when I sew over a seam and the feed dogs act like they are on vacation when I get to a seam...had the machine less than 6 mos, so figured I better get it looked not rather than wait.  Also had a LOT of thread breaks with my last small project which I NEVER had before on this "new" machine...changed thread, needle, tension...nothing made a difference...so in the shop it goes!

Glad to see so many back and posting again :)   Even though I don't get to post often, I really enjoy reading the posts of others and get so much inspiration from you all...

Debbie-do - love the quilt AND the bag...was on MSQ site but didn't see the tutorial - do you recall what they called the bag you did???

Hoping to sleep tonight...have a great week everyone!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 940
Points 15,940
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:56 PM | Locked

Hope I'm doing this correctly but I like this topic.  I just joined the club yesterday so I'm still trying to figure out my way around the site.  Yes I worked on my quilt today finished all the blocks and have them in the order I like on the quilt wall.  Next is the labeling and sewing.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 1:59 AM | Locked

Welcome mamagshouse!! I'm sure you will feel like "home" in no time...this is a GREAT bunch of ladies...I don't know what I'd do without them!

Love your quilt!! Wow! You even got a pic posted on your first post...you're off and running! :)  We ALL LOVE pics!!!

Tell us more about yourself...what part of the country are you from?  How long have you been quilting? What are your favorite types of quilts? ...You get the idea...

Hope to see more of your posts in the future...we tend to worry about out "quilt buddies" when we don't hear from them for a while... ;)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:08 AM | Locked

Your quilt looks great.  Like the arrangement.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:25 AM | Locked

didash,  I had surgery on the L 4-5 area about 10 years ago.  It felt great for a couple of years and then got that sciatic pain and numbness back.  Went back in for a spinal fusion 3 years later and that has been fine. No rods used for fusion, packed with bone instead.   Oh, and by the way, I am 77.

I hope your machine gets straightened out for you quickly.  It can be frustrating to not have your new machine misbehave.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:51 AM | Locked

Welcome, mamagshouse, thanks for sharing your quilt, it's beautiful. Look forward to seeing the finish.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:55 AM | Locked

Ginny:
I had surgery on the L 4-5 area about 10 years ago.  It felt great for a couple of years and then got that sciatic pain and numbness back.  Went back in for a spinal fusion 3 years later and that has been fine. No rods used for fusion, packed with bone instead

I, too, have had cervical spinal fusion in 2007 - fused together the bottom 4 (C4-C5- C6-C7) together.  It's been fairly good, just have limited range of motion.  I use my back-up camera on the car a lot.  Then Sep 2013 they repaired a ruptured disc from the front and then went in from the back to fuse together two vertebrae at lumbar area.  don't remember which two now.  It is much much better than it was, had lot of nerve pain down both legs.  I've been happy with the results from both major surgeries.  and I will be 61 in a few weeks.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 205 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 203 204 205 206 207 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use