Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 204 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 202 203 204 205 206 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,835
Points 40,060
ls2116 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:57 PM | Locked

Judy glad to hear your back at home i'm wishing you well.

I fell behind in reading these posts.

Thea you always outnumber many of us with your production of quilts, they look great .

Ginny hope your feeling ok.

Ramona glad to see your posting again.

I have my wedges laid out but not sure if i like the arrangement because i guess colorwheels don't have brown in them and i'm thinking about adding it in a bit confusing.  I'm also toying with the idea of weaving my center of the circle with strips.  i come up with the ideas on quilts faster than i can make them.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,581
Points 51,760
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:47 AM | Locked

Thanks for your info J.P.  I will let my daughter know.  She drinks a lot of coke, but I naver noticed if it was diet coke or not.  It is worth mentioning though.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 29,655
Agnes replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:32 AM | Locked

Marie--Hi from me! Now that the site is working better I don't mind coming on. I just didn't need the frustration the site was giving me so I just was quiet for a while.

I sure can't add to the diet soda and MS debate but I can comment on the time length it can take a body to absorb or get rid of 'chemicals. I had a very long history of headaches without any relief. I just learned to cope with good versus bad days. I am talking from age 5 to in my 50s. One day i actually saw a bright day and I felt wonderful. I had NO headache. What a realization! So I did some soul searching. I realized the headaches had been diminishing over some months but until that day hadn't really registered the fact. I finally placed the credit on my hysterectomy 18 months previous. I could now feel normal with maybe a twinge of a headache now and again. After more than 15 years I got badly sidelined with a headache that knocked me down. Okay, I hadn't grown new ovaries or uterus so the hysterectomy cure went down the tubes. Not so fast. It wasn't the hysterectomy that made the change but I suspected my ERT might be playing into it. The day I was struck down by the headache was approx 18 months after I was completely off estrogen. Checking with my gp I find out that a hot new study has just concluded that 25% of females with headaches need estrogen to keep the headaches under control. I was back on estrogen, saw another doctor some time later who wouldn't prescribe estrogen but rather a headache blocker. The blocker was wonderful to start with but I am again having more minor headaches. Might have to revisit the estrogen theory again.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:32 AM | Locked

I can't believe that I keep losing my posts before I'm finished typing them.  Anyway, I am still here and guess I better start copying before I'm done with the message so I don't have to keep retyping the whole thing.

I am so far behind on my quilting projects and keeping up with the posts on this site.  I guess I'm not quite the super grandma that I thought I was.  Babysitting a 4 month old and being a taxi service for 3 others is just not as easy as I thought it was going to be and DH fell off the step ladder Thursday while trying to fix the garage door opener (I guess he thinks he's still 30 instead of nearing 70), so now he is not much help with the baby and I have to wait on him too as he is having back spasms and can barely walk sometimes.

The good news is that DD1 is on vacation next week so I won't be babysitting the 4 month old, just DH and his back spasms, and being a taxi service to DD2's two oldest sons.

The 2nd baby quilt is almost pieced, just 5 more pinwheel blocks and the borders and then I can get it on the frame and get it quilted with my mid arm.  Gotta' get this one done as the baby shower for my niece is ont he 26th.

Well, I also want to use next week to get back on track with the LUS...

I better post this before I lose it yet again...about 5 times now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:49 PM | Locked

Ginny, prayers going up for your daughter, send her a virtual hug from me.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:59 PM | Locked

Glad you stopped by to say Hi, Agnes.  Stop in more often.  Love your theory on your headaches, good research!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:29 PM | Locked

Hey there!  I'm very excited about the top I just finished.  I LOVE this pattern.  Someone posted it on Facebook or somewhere in the last few weeks and I knew I had to make it.  I used the same fabrics (and others) from the double wedding ring I made last year for my xstep-dtr and her DH.  If they like this one it'll go home with them once it's quilted.  Almost hate to part with it! 

Here's the pattern link if you're interested:  http://madanquilting.blogspot.com/2012/08/shadow-box-tutorial.html

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:42 PM | Locked

Debbie-do, I love it!  Thanks for the link, the instructions will go on my to-do list.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,805
Points 67,575
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:52 PM | Locked

Debbie-Do, beautiful quilt and love the colors. I've seen this pattern before and yours is by far one of the best .

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:30 PM | Locked

Debbie-do,

Love the quilt and the colors!!  Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. I think this would work well with flannels too. Good way to use up those leftover fall scraps of flannel for me. 

Quilton, Ramona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:30 PM | Locked

Debbie do - love that quilt pattern. What beautiful fabrics you used!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:45 PM | Locked

Very pretty Debbie,  was it easy?  It looks like a fun quilt to make at retreat

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:49 PM | Locked

I'm not working on a quilt today except I'm playing with a design in EQ7. Also, I do have a lap quilt on my sewing machine partly quilted. I'm looking at it. That must count for something.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,581
Points 51,760
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 4:42 PM | Locked

Beautiful rendidtion of that quilt ,Debbie-do.   I saw it on one of the sites that I frequent also.  I love yours.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,215
Michelle replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:06 PM | Locked

I can't believe I've been able to get back on the site!!  Have been able to read posts, but no replies, not able to sign or log in.  I called several times, left messages and finally got a response that my password would be reset.  I did sign in with Chrome as one emails response said that Chrome would work, and one response said only Internet Explorer would work.  I think it was the password though.  

So I can post now!! I will try to write out a longer reply to what I have been up to these last few weeks. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 204 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 202 203 204 205 206 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use