Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 203 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 201 202 203 204 205 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 12:18 PM | Locked

Oh Judy I hear you about not expecting to hurdle into old age in one fell swoop.   I think the same, but the last year and a half has been a trial for me.   I didn't expect to get feeling so old so fast.  I think back to my aunt who was still living alone and doing everything for herself until she hit 93, then she developed heart failure.  So I keep pushing myself to keep going until I'm at least 95.  That's how old both of my grandmothers were when they passed and also 1 of my great grandmothers.  Looks like I hace some high standards to live up too     Ginny 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:37 PM | Locked

CC, can't wait to see your DD's graduation quilt!  I have faith that you will get it done on time.  Go girl!  I'll be your cheerleader.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:43 PM | Locked

Candis, I'm here also, never left.  It's just hard to post when so many are still missing.  Could we get just a HI! from whomever is lurking and from our former scattered members if you visit every now and then.  I so miss so many of my friends from the old QCA.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:48 PM | Locked

Judy, praying there is a simpler method than surgery on your neck.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:15 PM | Locked

Just to say hi.

Been working on taxes, pillowcases, throws and baby things. About caught up in time for company to come next week.  I do miss being on here and I'm sure I'll try to do better.

Hugs, well wishes, GREAT JOB and prayers.

Quilton, Ramona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:21 PM | Locked

Marie, I'm still here too. I just don't post as much as I used to. I watch the Grandkids 5 days a week at their house so don't have as much time , I come home wiped out. Now on top of everything else, I'll be moving this coming weekend, probably won't have internet for a few days. I'll have to depend on my tablet and use it at DD house to keep up.

Candis, that's why I didn't sign up for your swap, with the move coming up I knew I wound't have the time. But I look forward to the next one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:23 PM | Locked

Girls, we need a little laughter in our threads so I'm going to tell you a funny story that happened to me.

I was in a restaurant ordering a pizza when four men in army fatigues walked in.  I gave them the sign that thanked them with love for their service.  They smiled and walked up to the counter to place their order.  I decided to verbally say thank you so I walked up to them and said "thank you for all that you do for our country".  They looked at me and smiled uncomfortably and one of them said "thank you ma'm but we're just re-enactors.  I looked around for "that hole" I could fall in but it wasn't there.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:42 PM | Locked

Marie, you never can find that hole when you really  need it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:43 PM | Locked

Marie,

They could of went all day and never said a word but then you wouldn't have this story to tell. LOL

Quilton, Ramona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:08 PM | Locked

Oh Marie! This could happen only to you. I'm chuckling and chuckling. Thanks for the story.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:47 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh Judy I hear you about not expecting to hurdle into old age in one fell swoop.   I think the same, but the last year and a half has been a trial for me.   I didn't expect to get feeling so old so fast.  I think back to my aunt who was still living alone and doing everything for herself until she hit 93, then she developed heart failure.  So I keep pushing myself to keep going until I'm at least 95.  That's how old both of my grandmothers were when they passed and also 1 of my great grandmothers.  Looks like I hace some high standards to live up too     Ginny 

Ginny - same way I feel - my grandmother lived to 92 and lived home alone till 90, my great aunt lived alone her entire life till 92 when she developed melanoma cancer and it hit fast and she made one more birthday after diagnosis.  I push myself now and try very hard just to whine a little - :) - I do push myself every day - today I told my PMD that I hated the problems that I have and would he please just fix me so I could get on with my life.  He tries so hard.  My other doctor just tells me I have olditis... he was teasing!!! just to make that clear.  My arthritis gets worse every year but I am truly not giving up - I work hard on quilts all the time and I try hard to keep my home clean... 

Today was a very sick day though - feel like I have the flu through out my whole body... I slept most of the day which is something I never do - I had had plans to work on the last part of my autumn baltimore album quilt - it arrived yesterday and I was excited as it is one of my WIP and now that I am done completely with WITW I was wondering what to do next.  I needed to find some motivation and there it came in the mail.  It will be the first Baltimore album quilt that I make and keep - I have made two previous but gave them away to special people in my life.  This one is all for me... 

I am glad some of our members are coming back and that the site is getting fixed for us.  I wish that the old company that had owned QCA had done the work that they were supposed to but guess they were selling so not worried about it.  Hoping that the new company wants to make us happy.  I do love all the people I have met through QCA - so many many wonderful women who have motivated me so much over the years... Thank you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 904
Points 17,120
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:00 PM | Locked

I completed the tops for two baby quilts. One is the Patch Pals bunny and the other is the Patch Pals bear. I can't decide how I want to quilt them- do a border to border or use quilt block patterns?  I'm going to quilt bunnies on the bunny one and teddy bears on the bear one. It feels good to get back to quilting! I've been away from it because of the work I had done in the kitchen. I just can't relax with it when there's construction noise and dirt through the house. But the kitchen is done now and life is back to normal!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:16 PM | Locked

Oh Thea, I know what you mean.  Today was so very nice here that I went out to cut back the rose bushes and clear out the leftover annual plants that were there since last fall. Then I saw weed that needed to be pulled, well suddenly my knees didn't want to support me so I had to come in the house.  My laundry needed to be taken care of in the basement and I couldn't go down there to do it.  Oh , I could have gotten down there but wouldn't have been able to get back up.  I also need to finish up my GGd's quilt top so it can be quilted.  Just needs to be squared up, but I have to put it on the floor to do it because of its size.  I keep thinking about your pool table that you cover and use and wish that I had one of those handy.  

I know that I shouldn't be complaining either as my daughter in Oregon called me and said she has just been diagnosed with M. S.  She already has rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalsia.  I think some heavy duty prayers are in order for her and I know that I can do that.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:02 PM | Locked

Marie:

CC, can't wait to see your DD's graduation quilt!  I have faith that you will get it done on time.  Go girl!  I'll be your cheerleader.

I posted a pic of the top in my gallery, Marie. At first glance, It's very similar to the Rivendell Star I finished  earlier, but if you take a second look you'll see a lot of differences. Quilting it is gonna be a bear!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 505
J.P. replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:29 PM | Locked

Ginny,  

Your daughter will certainly be in my prayers.  I was diagnosed with MS over 15 years ago.  At the time I was drinking diet sodas a lot.  I did some research and found that the aspartame (the artificial sweetener) causes the symptoms of MS.  I stopped drinking or eating anything with aspartame and the symptoms gradually disappeared.  It took about 2 years but I have none of the symptoms now.  This may not apply in your daughter's case but I felt like I should share my experience just in case it might.

God bless! JP

• | Post Points: 50
Page 203 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 201 202 203 204 205 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use