Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 202 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 200 201 202 203 204 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 820
Points 12,614
Joan L. replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:33 AM | Locked

Candis, You are not alone. I read all the post but seldom comment. Glad everyone is not like me.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,405
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:39 AM | Locked

Oh Joan! Thank you I was beginning to think I was all alone!  Glad to see you!!   

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 820
Points 12,614
Joan L. replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:42 AM | Locked

Thank you Candis. I am not a very active member.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:45 AM | Locked

Candis, I'm here also. Doubt if I'll be working on any quilts today but who knows. I need to start the quilting on a charity auction quilt. It's all layered and ready. I keep putting it off. 

I'm going to contact a long armer just to see what a simple quilting would cost on my humongous leaf quilt. I'm sure it's way over my budget, but can't hurt to check.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:47 AM | Locked

Candis :
Swelling not so bad today, just bruised.

Poor wee toe!  Such a small thing but so painful. Glad it's getting better.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,405
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:57 AM | Locked

Joan L.:

Thank you Candis. I am not a very active member.

Ok ! Time to change that! We need you Joan! It's just darn quiet here! Are you working on any projects? Inquiring minds want to know? Any Quilty plans for the weekend?  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,405
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:01 AM | Locked

Oh Judy, with all the beautiful work you do, you need your own Quilting machine! How big is your leaf quilt?  It looks pretty good size!   And. My toes thank you for your sweet words!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,605
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:11 AM | Locked

My computer is really slow today...or maybe it's this sight. Not sure which...

The boys are home today so my sewing time is sure to be frequently interrupted, but i hope to get some work done on the tropical Prism (decoy) lonestar this afternoon. If I am lucky I'll get the diamond units all assembled.

I was shocked to get a letter from the new owner of Quiltmaker mag (same as the new owner of QCA) yesterday regarding "vender accounts". My gosh, it's been... 5 years? 6? Since they cheated me out of my commission on the quilt pattern they published. I wouldn't think my name would even still be in their records for having submitted anything! Sure would be nice if they took it into their heads to finally pay me, but I suppose that's too much to hope for.  

Hope everyone has a good day today and progress is made on projects.  No new boo-boos allowed, Candis!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:20 AM | Locked

Candis, I would love at least a mid arm. But it's not in the budget and no place to put it although, if I were 20 years younger, I may be willing to go into debt to buy one.

I actually don't mind the quilting process that much. My Viking has a 10" throat and I've quilted a 100 x 100 before although It's a bit of a struggle. 

My leaf quilt is 100 x 100. Hubby says I'd better get busy. I find out next week if I need neck surgery and if that happens I'm sure I'll be somewhat restricted for while.

OK, gotta get my rear in gear and get myself dressed and in motion. Lots to do today. Dogs to walk (It's a lovely day here in the PNW), client bookkeeping to do, housework??(Ugh)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875
SpringerMom replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:01 AM | Locked

I'm here this morning, too. Was just catching up on some of the previous posts. Had planned to go to a friend's house today to quilt, but woke at 4:30am with misery. I made some Spanish rice last evening, and had bought the wrong "heat" level of RoTel tomatoes. Used it anyway... it was really hot! So, apparently that has upset the apple cart. Will not be leaving the house for awhile it appears, and I was looking forward to sewing with the gals. Will probably cut and seam the backing for a quilt today, or tomorrow. And of course, the ever-present housework needs to be done. Oh to be wealthy and have a cleaning company!! Dream on!   Kathy

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:18 AM | Locked

I am eating lunch at work. I thought about quilting today, LOL. I would love to have a longarm, I don't think I really need that couch in the living room, do I? That is about the only room big enough. Being a widow there is no one to say no except the checkbook. I just finished a king size on my Janome 7700 and that really makes me think about a long arm. However, I have a few bills to knock out before I seriously consider it. I have set a goal for 2014 to work on UFOs so I have decided on my next one. Not sure when I made it. Nana started a scrappy group and we did a "bag" quilt a year or tow or three ago.. Mine is all neutrals but it was really difficult to not try to "match" everything up. I have gone on to other scrappies  and I am not so nervous with them anymore. I looked through my stash and picked out a backing and hope to at least get it sandwiched tomorrow. 

I hope all of you feel better and get back to sewing quickly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,341
Points 250,052
Thea replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:43 AM | Locked

Pat, I can't wait to see it!  I bet it is wonderful.  I, also, would love a sit down quilting machine - I have talked to them about one but like most everyone else it is not in the budget anytime soon.  Maybe when we get moved to MN and DH is back to working and bringing in some money - any money would help right now.  Our savings account is dwindling quickly - so praying the house gets done that someone lights a fire under his lazy bones and he works works works... but then I think why work so hard - someday it will get done and as long as we get the bills paid and have some food in the house all is okay.

I saw my pain management doctor this morning and have now to have a facet joint injection in my lower spine.  My BP was very high both today and when I saw the base doctor on Tues so that is not good.  Today I was running a fever and this after the aceteminophen in my Norco meds - so that is not good.  Doc and I had a long talk as I ache all over today and told him was not a good day to see a doctor as it was a very bad day... so I am set to see a neurologist for another EMG - this one for my legs.  My last MRI last year showed damage to the L3,4 and 5 area but not much worse then the one before so he figures this is my arthritis but could be a form of neuropathy so he wants to cross all the T's and dot the I's so he can figure it out.  I have had this bi-lateral leg pain since 2003 and this is the first time anyone wants to delve into what causes it.  

He did push on my spine and you know how you have involuntary reactions - well I almost jumped through the roof when he touched L3,4... and then pressed on my pelvic bones... I was hurting when I went in and barely made it home driving and was wishing I had made DH get up and take me - but I did make it home to my Mom's dog having peed all over the floor  so before I could lay down and get heat on me I had to get the vinegar out and clean up the floor...why can no one let the poor little dog out when I am not home - she does ask...

Now all that all the bad news is told we will let it all go - and get on with the quilting - I got the last part of my Autumn Baltimore Album quilt in the mail yesterday so am all excited now to know what quilt is next to be done... I am hoping to work on it later today...

I do not like getting old that is for sure.  So smiling and listening to the thousand or what sounds like thousand black birds singing in the trees right outside my window - wonder what the song is about today... but they have the trees black with their bodies... the cats have all come inside rather then give the birds a target to go after... 

It is supposed to be in the 80s today so we are looking forward to it.  I have two quilts still to do the hand part of the binding so I might go sit again on the front porch in my gravity chair and sew them when it warms up... For now, am in my chair trying hard to control the pain that is wracking my body that I do not understand... 

But I do send you all warm hugs and butterfly hugs!  

Candis - hope that toe is better soon... I know what that feels like and am happy in both our cases it was the little toe instead of the big one...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,992
Points 55,185
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:19 AM | Locked

Springermom,  I know exactly what you mean about using the wrong rotel tomatoes.  I did the same in some chili that I made, and stayed at home for nearly a week afterward.  that was the first experience I had with my gut not playing nice after eating extra spicy stuff.    Hope you get over the effects quickly.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,992
Points 55,185
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:24 AM | Locked

Now Judy, just what is going on with you.  First you have esophageal spasms you thought might have been you heart instead and have to give up some habits they determined weren't good for you and now the possibility of neck surgery?   Girl, don't follow my lead and get old too fast.  Hope things work out for you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:35 AM | Locked

Nah, I'm fine Ginny. I have a standard cervical degenerative disc. Latest MRI shows it has gotten a bit worse over the past 4 years. But I doubt it will need surgery at this point.

My aches and pains are pretty normal for a nearly 72 year old and nothing that really keeps me down. Still, I wasn't expecting to hurdle into old age quite so soon! LOL

In my mind I think I expected to feel the same my whole life right up until the day I died at age 99 years and 8 months old. (arbitrary age but a rather good number to aim for as long as I'm still able to quilt)

Page 202 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 200 201 202 203 204 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2018 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.