Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 201 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:20 PM | Locked

weezee56:

Candis, I hope your toes stop hurting soon. I know painful feet. Mine wake me up most every night.

Ahhhhing you must have neuropathy like me!!  I hate this! Diagnosed with Diabetes type2 this year!  Hate that even more,  if you have the feet I do, I'm praying for you to have less pain, it's awful!  Thank you for your good wishes!   

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:37 PM | Locked

Ouch Candis. Are you sure you didn't break a toe? Be sure you're all healed and hale and hearty for walking the beach at the Oregon retreat!

I'm doing great and, yes, I am behaving. Following doctor orders and all is well.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:15 PM | Locked

Weezee and Candis, sorry to hear of your foot pain at night.  Are either one of you on medication to ease this pain.  There is medication specifically for this- though it also works for some other medical problems also.  Ask your Dr. about it.  I can't take it because I got weird reaction to it, but my brother's wife takes it with success.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:28 PM | Locked

Hi Ginny, yes I was on Lyrica for awhile, and others, funny thing when I went off of them because of wt gain, the pain lessened.  Trying to shed dome wt I think will help more than anything! I hate taking meds and only take what I have too I'm a  critical care RN so the Drs get frustrated with me! I'm pretty picky about what stuff goes in my body!  Medication wise!   But your right it does do wonders for people!!  Just not for me. I guess! Bummer.   Oh, and Judy, if I have to crawl, I will be on the Beach, at that retreat!!!  I'm not missing the chance to see your UFO quilt finished!!    Thank you Ginny!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:43 PM | Locked

Well, I can see why that didn't set well with you.  I didn't take it long enough to have that problem, but for the life of me I can't remember what the reaction was that I had to it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:49 PM | Locked

Candis :
Oh, and Judy, if I have to crawl, I will be on the Beach, at that retreat!!!  I'm not missing the chance to see your UFO quilt finished!!

Oh Lord. Guess I'd better get the thing out and start thinking about the backing. Looking forward to meeting you Candis.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:47 PM | Locked

I am so looking forward to meeting you and everyone I have meet on this board!    Can't wait to see that Quilt!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:56 AM | Locked

I finally started on the braid runner table runner kit I got as a door prize at Branson.  just can't seem to get in the sewing mood, lately. Allergies are bad again today, tree pollen count is high. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:01 AM | Locked

Debbie:

I finally started on the braid runner table runner kit I got as a door prize at Branson.  just can't seem to get in the sewing mood, lately. Allergies are bad again today, tree pollen count is high. 

Sorry your allergies are acting up! I remember the  cedar count in Oklahoma was awful!!  The wind there sure doesn't help!  Here in Cali. It's the pollen from the fruit and nut trees. Almond trees the most! But they sure are pretty to look at!  Hope you feel better soon!    I am hoping to get back to appliquéing the sashings for my handkerchief butterfly Quilt today, if my stubbed toes don't swell to much. Such a clutz!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:57 AM | Locked

After a real hard winter here in Oklahoma, the allergy levels are super high...I got a prescription for allergy meds from my doctor on Tues.  I look forward to seeing your table runner Debby.... I am happy though that the warm weather of spring/summer is starting though... maybe some of my aches will go away and my energy levels will lift.  We can hope right!

Patricia - love the quilt you are making - so much wonderful work.  I am ready to make some simple quilts for a little while before I start another complicated one... I think a couple quick 9 patches might be in my future to use up some of this stash that is in too many boxes...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,243
Points 19,345
weezee56 replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:42 PM | Locked

Candis, My pain comes from arthritis and my feet and legs swell. Dr's put me on new blood pressure medicine and in 2 months my legs and feet looked like balloons ready to pop. They changed my meds and my legs and feet are back to normal, but the pain is there at night.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:58 PM | Locked

Oh weezee I'm so sorry,  arthritis in your feet, I can not imagine that pain!  It makes mine hurt to think of it!  I'm sending good thoughts, and prayers to lessen that pain!   Seriously, I can sympathize.   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:31 PM | Locked

Gosh, everybody is just falling apart at the seams around here! Praying for tickers and toes, and everything in between.

Today I finally got DD's graduation quilt basted.  I'm Not gonna get to take a stitch toward quilting it now until MAYBE the middle of next week. Then it has to be hidden away again until after Easter. DH couldn't seem to understand why I HAD to do the basting today ...he thinks I'm just being anal. But She graduates in mid May, and I can only work while the boys are in school and Sprout is supervised, which gives me a very limited amount of time to actually quilt it. I'm figuring on it taking at least 10 hours and most of that will be in short little snatches here and there over  the next 3 weeks. Then I still have to bind the beast! This is cutting it awfully close. ...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,243
Points 19,345
weezee56 replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:11 PM | Locked

Candis, Thank you for the T&P, I know the pain you are going through to DH and his DB both have neuropathy.

CC. I wish you the best on getting DD's quilt finished for mid May, I'm sure you can do it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:09 AM | Locked

Are people having more trouble again logging on here?  It has been so quiet, very few posts happening! Hope everyone is just busy making beautiful Quilts to show!  I think I can finally put a dint in my appliquéd sashing, for my Handkerchief Butterfly Quilt.  It's taking to long, klutzy me, hitting Toes!  Swelling not so bad today, just bruised.  So I am excited to be able to sew again!      

MODESTO, CA.
Page 201 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use