Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 198 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:28 PM | Locked

Angele:

I finished this baby quilt for my friend's first grand son.

Angele, that's a really cute quilt.  I really like the bright colors.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,092
Points 36,125
Roxana replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:31 PM | Locked

Karla:

Do you think I'll ever catch up, especially since I'm babysitting and a Grandma's Taxi Service?

Karla, just enjoy the fact that those grandchildren are so close and you can have the chance to be and play with them as much as you can. We all know too well that those days are limited. Time will be there for the other things. The kids don't wait. They grow up all too soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,714
Points 138,960
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:31 PM | Locked

Karla:
Do you think I'll ever catch up, especially since I'm babysitting and a Grandma's Taxi Service?

Karla, I do not know where you get the energy. When my granddaughter was small (she's now nearly 21), I'd babysit her at times. Really enjoyed it and she was a very easy child and a blessing. Regardless, I was exhausted when my son picked her up at the end of the day.

I do so admire you.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:35 PM | Locked

Well, I am exhausted at the end of the day, which is why I am so far behind on all of my quilting/sewing projects.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,825
Points 55,385
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:36 PM | Locked

Really cute quilt, Angele.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,825
Points 55,385
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:45 PM | Locked

Oh I hear you Karla.  I am going to start babysitting my new GGS tomorrow.  All day every week for who knows how long.  He was a preemie-  Born on Feb 10th and not due to be born until April 4th.  He now weighs 7lb. 7 oz. and is 20 inches long. He was 4lb 9oz and 17 inches long at birth and he rolls over already.  Doesn't matter which way he rolls both ways.  This is going to be exciting, but I think very tiring too.  I think my quilting is going to suffer.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:50 PM | Locked

Boy, he sure has made up for lost time, Ginny...rolling over already.   My granddaughter doesn't roll over yet and she's 3-1/2 months old and she wasn't a preemie.  But as I recall, her big brother (he's 15 now) was slow to roll over, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,020
Points 71,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:08 PM | Locked

Karla, love the Boot Scooten baby quilt.

Thea , your Christmas quilt is a beauty.

Angele, I just love the bright colors on the Dino quilt. Great job Ladies.

Karla I feel for you, as I know what you're going through. I get to DD's house at 7 am fix two kids breakfast, get them both dressed an hour later drive 8 miles to take the 5 year old to school come back and care for the 3 year old. Help out DD by doing their laundry three times a week. At 2 PM go get the one from school and then the fun begins.I get to go home around 5pm I do this 5 days a week. If one or both need to see the dr or dentist I take them. I too am worn out by the end of the day. And I feel so lucky to be able to do it for them, they are my biggest blessings. Hey, Karla, ain't retirement fun. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:13 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Hey, Karla, ain't retirement fun. LOL

You bet it is, but I'm sure more exhausted at the end of the day now than I ever was when I was working, LOL.  I feel for you...at least I do my babysitting in my own home; however, I do have to run to the bus stop to pick up the boys for TaeKwonDo, football, and whatever else they're involved in, and I think the doctor and dentist know me better than they do my daughter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,106
Points 252,192
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:16 PM | Locked

Angele - that is the most adorable dinosaur baby quilt.  My son would have loved that when he was a little boy - he was so totally in to dinos.  

Thank all of you for your sweet words.  I wish that I would have all my WIP finished by the time i left to go to MN - I have so many quilt tops - finished ones that need quilting but I am feeling so much more confidant(is that correct english) with my free motion quilting and figuring out what I want to do on them... I still have that huge double wedding ring to do.  I gave away the backing fabric for it so have to find something that will work.  Although, I will have to look and see if I really did give what I was going to use away... always doing silly things like that.  

I have been waiting for some warm weather to finish up the bindings on these quilts and although today was not warm at all it worked perfectly to do them this weekend as I could listen to conference and not just sit there- sitting still is not in my vocabulary - I wonder how I did it all those years in school - do you think I got ADHD as an adult and not a child...:)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 576
Points 8,055
Barbara in Colorado replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:39 PM | Locked

Thea - Your quilts are amazing.  Your energy is boundless.  I love everything you do.  Question:  When you piece those beautiful backings, is the quilt sandwich more difficult to quilt? 

Judy - What a relief to hear that you are heart healthy.  Sounds like your doctor got your number on other things, but they are things you can control.  You go, girl, on the path to complete health.

All the projects shown in the last couple of days have been so inspiring, beautiful and enjoyable.  From bowl potholders to baby quilts to bed quilts, all of you sisters in quilting do such fantastic work.  I am so glad to belong to this group!

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,106
Points 252,192
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:50 PM | Locked

Barbara in Colorado:
Thea - Your quilts are amazing.  Your energy is boundless.  I love everything you do.  Question:  When you piece those beautiful backings, is the quilt sandwich more difficult to quilt? 

Barbara - I have not found it to be more difficult - of course, I don't have a long arm - I understand pieced backs are more difficult with a long arm machine - my quilts are basted into a sandwich prior to my quilting them so they are pretty stable.  I do make sure all my seams are very well pressed down and if I have long seams I use my glue spray when I am basting right on that seam to make sure it is all the same direction as I do not press open.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875
SpringerMom replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 9:52 PM | Locked

Hi Thea, I was reading your posts about your quilts, and was wondering about your statement: "....when I am basting right on that seam to make sure it is all the same direction as I do not press open." 

I've wondered about the seam(s) on a pieced backing and whether it is better to press to one side as on the quilt top, or to press this seam open? I'd appreciate your thoughts on it. And the thoughts of anyone else who has experience either way.  Thanks! kathy  

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,657
Points 49,345
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 10:08 PM | Locked

I DID work on a quilt today!  It may be an all time record for me... I bought the fabric on the way to or while at the retreat in Branson in February and it's already a quilt!  Wow!  LOL  This is a Big Brother quilt for my honorary grandson who became a big brother a week and a half ago.

I'm still building confidence with my FMQ so I tend to pick thread that blends in.  Had some issues but mostly I'm quite pleased with it!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,298
Points 20,480
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 11:12 PM | Locked

Debbie-do, very nice big brother quilt.

Page 198 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use