Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 197 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 1:58 PM | Locked

Judy, Oh my you have been through the ringer - take it easy girl - I don't know what I would do if they told me no more sodas - they told me a few years ago - I could only drink diet sodas and no juice what so ever - I have started to try and drink more water as I know soon they will probably give me the no soda words... I hope you feel better real soon.

Weezee - the baby quilts are adorable - love that sleeping bear...I might have to do one similar to that.

Susie - love that quilt - absolutely stunning... great job!

Karla as always your work is impeccable.

Thank you for all the complements on my MR quilt - it is basted and ready to start quilting after I get my pain meds(which is another story) next week... Here are two quilts that I finished up the hand binding part while listening to general conference - i hope you enjoy the backs that I made - I love using up the scraps that were left from the front for the backing...

I love doing backings that  are different - they are like spontaneous quilts...:)  I take the scraps that are left over from the front and use them up on the backs - I don't like using little pieces though - the backing for Celtic Crystals - I made log cabin like blocks of the small pieces but I did get rid of some of the pieces that wouldn't have been at least an inch when sewn - felt that was too small.  It is fun to see how much of a back you can make before you have to add something to it - I usually can just about make the whole backing.  Unusual backings... but fun!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 3:11 PM | Locked

Thea, love your MR quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 26,425
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 3:14 PM | Locked

Judi, these are great!  Please take care of yourself and listen to the doctors.  we love having you on QCA!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:01 PM | Locked

I finished one more quilt this weekend... only 2 left to do bindings on - this one I started at retreat last year and it has a simple backing of one fabric.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:08 PM | Locked

Thea you never cease to amaze me with all the work you do.  You must be all caught up with your quilt tops or UFOs. By the time you move to Minnesota, you will only have to worry about moving and setting up your new quilting room.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:10 PM | Locked

Darling cowboy baby quilt Karla.

Very pretty X 3 Thea. Look at all of those perfect points. 

Today i sewed together my strip units for the tropical star, and since i made such good time I even got the sub units cut. as per usual, when I laid them out, they looked nothing like I had envisioned at the start of the project, even with the help of EQ.  I'm good with that. The surprise factor keeps me interested.  I still have no idea what I'll use for the background or borders. That'll come later...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:14 PM | Locked

Chocake, you always make amazing quilts. I am certain it will be loved by everyone.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:22 PM | Locked

I finished this baby quilt for my friend's first grand son.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:42 PM | Locked

Karla, Nice baby quilt.  Love the boots.!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:46 PM | Locked

Thea,  Your quilts, all 3, are amaxing.  Absolutely beautiful and so are the backs.  You've been one busy lady.  Good job!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:47 PM | Locked

Thea, great Christmas quilt.

Angele, Love you Dino baby quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:54 PM | Locked

Thea, Karla, and Angele: Great quilts. I love them all.

Cute grandson, Karla. We'd love to have seen more of his face! How nice of him to hold up the quilt for you.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 5:53 PM | Locked

I also love all that have been shown! Thea,  your the WOMAN !!!   Karla always beautiful, super cute pieces!   Angele. I love the border on the Dino quilt.  So cheery and colorful!! Great job ladies, such a joy to see others work, and an inspiration!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:19 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Thea, Karla, and Angele: Great quilts. I love them all.

Cute grandson, Karla. We'd love to have seen more of his face! How nice of him to hold up the quilt for you.

Thanks, Roxana.  I have 4 very cute grandsons, ages 15, 10, 8 and almost 2...and one sweet 3-1/2 month old granddaughter.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:27 PM | Locked

As for any quilting, I've worked a little this afternoon on another boots all around baby quilt.  I still need to make one more baby quilt after this to be caught up...then maybe I can work on the LUS blocks, DJ blocks, BOM blocks, Garden Party applique, and the charity  QOV blocks for my Fernley Country Quilters Club project.  And oh yes, I need to make a couple of blocks yet for a couple of special people and get them in the mail.  

Do you think I'll ever catch up, especially since I'm babysitting and a Grandma's Taxi Service?

• | Post Points: 50
Page 197 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use