Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 193 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:47 PM | Locked

I love all the work everyone does - you so keep me motivated day in and day out when I am feeling like I never want to get at my sewing machine again - I look at what you are doing and it is just so awesome.

I have been working on this quilt for what seems like forever but I am so close to being done that I thought I would show you what it looks like.  I have to do just a tiny bit more of satin stitching of the applique down on a couple border pieces and of course make a backing and quilt it which I will start on tomorrow - but I am so dang happy to be able tos ay I can start another of my WIPs... I am slowly going through them and have finished quilting 5 quilts since Feb when I was able to sit at my sewing machine - they just need me to do the hand part of the quilting... and I have one more quilt that is partially quilted that I recently found to finish up... But here it is my Cat Quilt - pattern by McKenna Ryan...

I'll have to take some pictures of all the ones I have quilted up recently as I haven't I don't believe posted any of htem so far... I love this quilt though!  It will hang in my kitchen once I get it quilted until we leave this house... It just makes me smile when I look at it...

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:48 PM | Locked

The clothes and the cat on the clothes line are 3D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:06 PM | Locked

Thea:
But here it is my Cat Quilt - pattern by McKenna Ryan...

I love this quilt of your, it looks so pretty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:41 PM | Locked

Thea, your quilt is so cute.  I think that I would have it hanging where I could see it too if it were mine.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:45 PM | Locked

Thea, love the cat quilt. I have a couple complete sets of McKenna Ryan. I've made parts of them but yet to make a complete quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,673
Points 65,760
Bonita replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 4:46 AM | Locked

Thanks Ladies for the comments on my FWS.

CC, love the stars.

Thea, absolutely beautiful. I love her quilts but I don't want to make one , so I'll just enjoy yours.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:46 AM | Locked

Thea great looking quilt!  It looks sew intricate.

As for me I learned not all wedges are equal.  Its funny too because this love of quilting issue shows a wheel of chance by Liz Porter that looks great and then alot of books show designs for fan quilts so i thought if i used f&p's wedge template i would come out with a 24" wall quilt boy was I wrong its gonna be bigger. i don't want to waste fabric that i've cut so i'm going with it but to end up with a smaller quilt i should of made myself a pattern first. 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:46 AM | Locked

WOOT, WOOT!  It's great to be able to hang around & post again.  Not going to jinx anything, though, so I will leave it at that.

Got the top done for the football team.  It will be quilted Saturday morning...my friend will be home & doesn't have anything on her LA.  So, get there, load it up, pick a pattern (will try to do that ahead of time) and then get it quilted.  It's not too large, so should only take about 2 hours.  Then, depending on if I can manage it, I have another that I'll take with me to quilt.  We'll see if I can get them both done on Saturday.  Trying really hard to get through my UFOs.

Still working on the MQ9 and the Bonnie Hunter Celtic Solstice, but making slow progress.

Here is the football top:

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 245
oneoldgoat replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:54 AM | Locked

I love that quilt! It makes me smile too :)

Beth - Old Goat

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:16 AM | Locked

Susie, your football quilt is very pretty, I love the colors.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:35 AM | Locked

No, I didn't work on a quilt today.  Why?  Just got home from Florida yesterday and I'm trying to unpack and organize what I took down there from MA and what I bought in Florida.  I can't believe all the stuff I accumulated (bought : )) in Florida!!  My son and his fiance fit every bit of it, minus a couple days of clothes, in my small Subaru Legacy and drove it back to MA last Sunday, including my computer.  I have to go through 500 + email.  I'll be working on getting it sorted and organized and read for the rest of the week.  It was sad to leave Florida but nice seeing my kids and grands.  Hope everyone has been well and quilting up a storm, see you in the threads.  (((((HUGS))))) to all!  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:41 AM | Locked

Marie, It is nice to have you back, but I am hoping you didn't come back too soon and get slapped in the backside with more of that white stuff that wants to come thru.   I am just slightly jealous of you being able to spend time in Fla for the winter--- No, make that really, really jealous.  LOL   Good to have you home and take up speed reading to get you thru the emails quickly.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:56 AM | Locked

Welcom e back Marie!

Susie I love the  colors in teh football quilt. Nicely done!

Thea, you McKenna Ryan Cats is coming out very nicely. Kudos to you.

Did anyone see the booboo in DD's spinning star? It took me half the day yesterday to figure out where I'd gone wrong and frog it. The diamonds should have an equal number of rows and columns. I made them with seven rows and six columns. Since I didn't have enough of one fabric to make another row, I took one off, so now instead of ending witht he deep purple, the points end with the softer one. I actually like it better this way. Once I fixed the block issue it was quick work to put together the star and sew in the background pieces. Today, if all goes well,  I'll start building the borders. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 2:16 PM | Locked

Bonita, your FWS is beautiful!  Great work!  Can't wait to see it done.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 2:18 PM | Locked

CC, can't tell which star I love most so just send me whichever is not claimed.  :  )  Beautiful work!

Millbury, MA

Page 193 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use