Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 180 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 178 179 180 181 182 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 9:40 AM | Locked

hhhdmh,  that is an adorable baby quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:09 AM | Locked

Hhhdmh,  That is an adorable baby quilt!  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 11:13 AM | Locked

Darlene, love the nursery rhyme blocks.Very sweet baby quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 11:20 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the baby quilt. I am mailing it to her today. I hope she loves it.

God Bless

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 12:22 PM | Locked

Super cute baby quilt, Darlene.

I finally got around to doing February's Trifecta BOM...should actually be called Blocks of the Month, as each month, depending upon which option you pick, you make either 3 or 6 blocks.  I'm doing the 6 block one, so each month I need 3 fat quarters, and you use 2 fat quarters to make each block.  Here are my January and February blocks.  You can see they are mirror images of each other.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 435
Cherron replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 3:24 PM | Locked

Since I am new to this gig, I have spent my time this week buying supplies, fabric, patterns, and templates. I have also spent a lot of time on line looking at websites and exploring this one. WOW, there is so much information out there; I had no idea how big the quilting business really is nor how much there is to learn. I have had fun this week, and I am going to start next week cutting out fabric for a table runner.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 5:53 PM | Locked

Welcome Cherron and we hope to see many of your lovely projects.  Can't wait to see your table runner.  Lots of good friends and quilters here to help if you need it or have questions.  When it works the site is a great one. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 6:04 PM | Locked

Love it Karla.  It's so dynamic.  I'm guessing this will be a fairly modern looking quilt when it's finished?  How big are each of the blocks and how big does the quilt finish.  It's sure to be a beauty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 8:57 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Love it Karla.  It's so dynamic.  I'm guessing this will be a fairly modern looking quilt when it's finished?  How big are each of the blocks and how big does the quilt finish.  It's sure to be a beauty.

They are 9-1/2" unfinished blocks and there will be 72 of them when done in December.  I'm thinking that will be about 72 X 81, unless I decide the sash them and add borders.

I'm using batiks and the two patterns I have so far tell me that it's going to be more on the modern side, especially with my brighter batiks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 158
Points 2,720
Brenda replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:53 PM | Locked

Welcome to the quilting world, you may want to check out    quiltingaroundtheworld.com it is also a great site

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 317
Points 7,200
didash replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:07 AM | Locked

Darlene - one of the cutest baby quilts I've ever seen!  Your own "idea" or did you see a pattern somewhere?  Where did you find the appliques?????

Nicely done!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 317
Points 7,200
didash replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:16 AM | Locked

Welcome, Cherron!  I'm a newbie here too and can tell you first hand this group is TERRIFIC!!!   Everyone has been sooooo helpful as I've plunged headfirst into this new passion without any real sewing experience...always several members willing to offer advice, suggestions, and encouragement!  The wonderful ladies here really "care" about one another...

Looking forward to seeing all the great projects you take on! Be sure to post pictures...we LOVE pictures!!!

PS - After I made my first quilt, I did a Mystery Quilt here...wish I had done that first...nice way to do a first quilt because it's broken down into small steps and you aren't consumed with how the piecing "should" look according to a picture. I hope another one starts soon! Lots of fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 10:05 AM | Locked

Hi Diane,  Thanks for the compliment. This is not applique it is embroidery with mylar. The mylar gives it the shine. Gigi from www.charmingstation.com issued a snowball quilt challenge and as I was going to make a quilt anyway I just did the challenge. The embroidery designs are nursery rhymes and I got them at the same website. For finishing the quilt before March 15th I will get two sets of embroidery designs.

God Bless

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 10:09 AM | Locked

Hi Diane, The quilt is not applique it is machine embroidery. Gigi from www.charmingstation.com issued a snowball quilt challenge and since I was going to make a quilt anyway I just did the challenge. I will get 2 sets of designs because I finished before March 15th. Thank you for the compliment on the quilt.

God Bless

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 435
Cherron replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:21 PM | Locked

Thanks for the advice, Diane. Through looking at websites I have noticed the Mystery Quilt or Block of the Month. I had been wondering about them. I think I will give one a try after I do my table runner.

Page 180 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 178 179 180 181 182 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use