Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 176 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 10:41 AM | Locked

I am not used to having nothing complete. If I started a project I did not start another one till I was complete.  I started quilting about 3 years ago and I can't seem to get anything done because I see something else I want to start.  Having said that, I am so greatful for the ladies in the LUS and Dear Jane groups because they have helped me so much that I have more confidence that I can do more.  I will be starting a new project in the next couple of days.  I am going to help someone from another site to make a purple heart quilt of valor and I will have to finish that one because she needs them right away.  If it was for everyone help here I would not have even attempted it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:50 AM | Locked

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:

I owe everyone an apology to.  I did not mean anything by the comments except to say I was happy with everyones progress.  I did mean to upset or offend anyone.

Don't fret Jeanette. I'm sure no one was offended. 'Certainly not me. ! :) 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,183
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:31 PM | Locked

Yup, you're right, CC!  Just came from there and it's as gorgeous as ever!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 7:02 PM | Locked

Had a lot of chores to do today but I did get the backing for MQ6 washed and ironed. 

Yesterday I pulled out an old UFO (4-5 years since I worked on it) and discovered I only had 2 more blocks to make.  I got one done and hoping to get the second one done tonight.   Hark!  there is the slightest  possibility that I might get this one completed before I get bored with it again. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 8:45 PM | Locked

Well I cut, sewed and pressed the binding for MQ9, but that's as far as I have gotten.  I do plan on getting the front sewed on by machine tonight, maybe.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 8:47 PM | Locked

Oh, and while searching for some fabric to bind the MQ9 with, I stumbled across two more UFO's that need to be quilted.  Oh my, that's 20 now.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 7,225
didash replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:35 PM | Locked

Does anyone here make doll quilts??  I've got quite a collection started of tiny HST that are products of my leaders and enders in an effort to use up some of my small scraps.  I don't know what I would ever do with them, but they certainly would work for a doll quilt.  Unfortunately, I don't have any little girls around to make one for...so if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to send them to you...They measure about 1.5" - 1.75" unfinished.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 7,225
didash replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:39 PM | Locked

Also looking for someone who has a "Mini Ten" wedge ruler (made by Phillips Fiber Art).  I have a pattern for a table topper I want to make that uses the mini ten.  I have a ten degree wedge, but it's not the mini....and I need to know where the 45 degree angles fall when you trace them from the packaging.  Can anyone help??

So inspired by everyone's work they've been posting...If my grandson saw the starship quilt he would want one too! LOL!  Agnes, your embroidery is wonderful - love the whole quilt!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:46 AM | Locked

I have been reading all the comments here and admiring everyone's work. It has been awhile since I've made anything myself, just getting back to the sewing room after having the cast removed from my ankle. Everyone's work is fabulous! I love all of it. I've been working on making quilts for my late boyfriend's family members from his shirts. I have the top completed for his nephew's and am working on a quilt for his mom. Also in the works are quilts for twin girl cousins due in the beginning of June. These babies are the great-grandchildren of my cousin.

I did finally finish a gift for a not-so-secret-Santa. Since she has received it, I can post a picture of it now. My first attempt at FMQ and that's only because my Statler is needing some work to get the power to go through the controller. Here's the gift, a quilted clock:

It's 12-inch square. I did remove some of the dark washer in the very center after taking this photo. I have the pieces ready to make one for myself, for in my sewing room. Totally different fabrics for that one. I'll post it when it's done, probably sometime about two years from now!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:54 AM | Locked

I really like this clock Carol, and it will be great for your sewing room.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:08 AM | Locked

Carol, what a unique quilt! I never would have thought of making a clock. It's beautiful.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 253
Points 3,295
Barbara in Colorado replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:17 AM | Locked

This is a great idea and I love how you did it!  I may steal your idea.  I have been looking for a unique clock for my redecorated sewing room.  A quilted clock would really fit right in.  Thank you for sharing.  Looking forward to your next one.

Barbara

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:18 AM | Locked

Carol--Beautiful clock. Just love the block with four different green backgrounds.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 7,225
didash replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:03 PM | Locked

Well here is the quilt that was giving me fits last week - ready for quilting and binding.  However, the learning curve was worth it.  The second photo shows the first 2 blocks of the next kaleidoscope quilt and they are FLAT and nearly perfect! YAY!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835
Pat Lancaster replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 4:19 PM | Locked

Diane, your quilt and blocks look great. How wonderful that you learned so quickly!

Carol, I too love your clock. My sewing room is green and could use a bright yellow clock because the one I had in there just died. Hint, hit, roflol.

Page 176 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use