Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 175 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 10:13 AM | Locked

CC, wonderful job on Jr's Star!  Great Starship quilting!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 10:24 AM | Locked

BTW CC, when I did a closeup of your quilt, I noticed a lovely diamond "something" behind it, would love to see that up front and center, please.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 11:04 AM | Locked

I take my hat off to all of you.  I don't know how you get so much done.  I have a hard enough time just trying to get the blocks done each week for the LUS and Dear Jane.  I know I am a little slower because I do everything by hand, but I must be slower than I thought.  Great job in getting things done.  Today I am working on Dear Jane blocks.  If I sm lucky I might get two done, but I am hoping for three.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,855
Brenda replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 12:15 PM | Locked

I am not as quick as everyone else either.  I am definitely not keeping up with the DJ, I just keep plugging along.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 4:19 PM | Locked

Thea, thanks so much! That is what I needed. I was missing the Fabric 9 strips. They had come out of the baggie and were in the bottom of the tote. Now that I have all the strips I even found my note that said what each one is. The lesson here is to finish things in a timely manner and DON'T misplace the directions! ROFLOL, like that is going to happen. A huge thank you to everyone who helped me. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 4:35 PM | Locked

Marie:

BTW CC, when I did a closeup of your quilt, I noticed a lovely diamond "something" behind it, would love to see that up front and center, please.

I had to go back and look to see what you meant. I think you must be looking at Sprout's Star. there's a picture of it in my gallery, I think. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 4:44 PM | Locked

I think it's interesting how often I see see posts from people thinking everyone else is making faster progress then they are. Are we running a race? No one gave me that memo!!  

I sometimes go months without so much as a stitch, and then I get my zen in it's groove and take off like s shot for a little bit. In reality is just a mad rush of activity on a lot of UFO's, but it looks impressive. LOL

Today I worked some more on the batik star I started on while I was stalled on Jr's star. DS1 found a great mossy green geometric batik that really works well for the background (not at all what I was envisioning when I started that project!) and I managed to get the stting pieced cut and put in.  DD says it looks very 'elf-ish' now so we've decided to call it the Rivendell Star.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 685
Points 11,770
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 5:24 PM | Locked

That does make me feel better. I sometimes will work on several quilts at one time, then do nothing for a long time.   

chocake2:

I think it's interesting how often I see see posts from people thinking everyone else is making faster progress then they are. Are we running a race? No one gave me that memo!!  

I sometimes go months without so much as a stitch, and then I get my zen in it's groove and take off like s shot for a little bit. In reality is just a mad rush of activity on a lot of UFO's, but it looks impressive. LOL

Today I worked some more on the batik star I started on while I was stalled on Jr's star. DS1 found a great mossy green geometric batik that really works well for the background (not at all what I was envisioning when I started that project!) and I managed to get the stting pieced cut and put in.  DD says it looks very 'elf-ish' now so we've decided to call it the Rivendell Star.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 6:26 PM | Locked

You're quite right CC.  What looks like great activity in progress is just finishing up (or trying to finish) those UFO's from so long ago,  I'm behind on everything else, especially Dear Jane and Garden Party,  I'll try to post the next assignment in the LUS sampler, but I don't thing I'll have any examples to go along with them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 6:52 PM | Locked

I owe everyone an apology to.  I did not mean anything by the comments except to say I was happy with everyones progress.  I did mean to upset or offend anyone.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 7:10 PM | Locked

Jeanette, I doubt that anyone was offended. We all have productive times and the not so productive times. I am working on a quilt I started in 2010. I got distracted with other things and am just now getting back to it. Now, If I had to do hand sewing I would probably take alll year to finish a potholder. I admire those who can do it, but it is just not for me. I wish I had kept up with embroidery but my eyes just can't handle it anymore.  So don't worry about fast or slow, just enjoy the process.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 9:13 PM | Locked

Hey, Jeanette, you're not alone - I don't feel like I do much either. Of course, my sewing has been all but on hold as DH and I had our basement remodeled due to flood damage & my sewing stuff was scattered around the house.  I've got my space set up again but I don't sew or quilt every day & I go through times where I don't touch a thing & other times where I feel like I'm sewing obsessed! LOL.  Just have fun with it :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,891
Points 69,150
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 10:15 PM | Locked

No Jeanette you are not alone. Sometimes I would rather read (my first love) than turn on the sewing machine. That's how I get behind, and then I get the sewing bug and off I go. I'm still working on the Farmers Wife blocks we started a couple of years ago. We all just do what we can or want to. No big rush. I don't think anyone is offended, not me for sure.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 5:19 AM | Locked

Thank you Pat, Eileen and Bonita.  I really meant it in a light hearted way.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 10:05 AM | Locked

I think any finished post is just that. Some may be years or even decades in the making after they were started. I  used to have piles of UFO's and would have binges when I might finish half a dozen items before I went back to cutting or piecing. I have become more of a one project at a time person so that should I take a long hiatus I won't have to scratch my head too hard trying to figure out what I was actually doing or intending to do. In my eyes, any finish shows dedication and needs to be noted. What better way than in a show and tell? 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 175 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use