Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 171 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:59 PM | Locked

ls2116:

Karla that is a stunning sampler !  what is the size on those squares  there are so many.

There are a total of 121 6" blocks when finished.  I still have 6 rows to go, LOL.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:02 PM | Locked

Judy, I love how you're you're doing it on point and your 3 piece sashing, 9 block corner posts.  You obviously have much more patience and ambition than I have.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:19 PM | Locked

Karla:
You obviously have much more patience and ambition than I have.

Ahh, Karla surly you jest!  You have 30 UFOs, your current quilt has over 120 6" blocks. You have grandkids running around your place often. Who is it that has the patience and ambition???? :-)

My LUS quilt only uses 50 blocks plus the sashing and corner triangles. I'm adding borders and it will end up being about 80 x 92.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:40 PM | Locked

Well, I've only got about 60 of the blocks done...55 of them sewn together.  You do all the intricate work, mine are usually just plain and simple.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 7:51 PM | Locked

Judy, Elenore does have good instructions but I got stuck on the birds in the air and put it away. I can do it now but then...not so much. Looking forward to finishing it. My first "hard" quilt is still waiting to be quilted. Love it but I had to buy a longarm and practice to figure out how I wanted it quilted. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:26 PM | Locked

Karla and Judy, You both are quibbling over nothing. You both do wonderful work, intricate, simple or otherwise. Karla you amaze me with what you get done with all those GC you do so much with and for.

As for me I am finishing some of my own UFOs, one baby quilt and another girls quilt  that I do not have backing for, ugh. My pile sure has dwindled down this Winter. I finally finished  piecing my Dresden Plate Christmas wall hanging just needs quilting now. Yahoo!! Only took two years. Maybe now I can start something new, if only I can find the right pattern. Does anyone know where to find good layer cake patterns??? Ive been on You Tube, etc but have not found any I liked.            Susan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 9:23 PM | Locked

Susan - you might try browsing through the Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutorials - Jenny LOVES precuts and does lots of quick quilts with layer cakes.

As for me, I'm still struggling with these bloody octagons! If I ever get this quilt pieced together I still have another with octagons waiting in the wings...aaarrrgghh!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:04 PM | Locked

Everyone is doing beautiful work here - I love all the eye candy & inspiration!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:12 PM | Locked

Just got back from Arizona.  If it wasn't for my granddaughter, who I watch during the week, I would have stayed longer.  Was not looking forward to more cold weather and snow.  Today I worked on my LUS blocks and I hope to get the latest assignment done tomorrow so I can get started on the next assignment of the Dear Jane blocks.  I would love to get started on the sashing on both quilts if I can ever find some extra time.  I am still hoping to get started on hand quilting a quilt that is on my frame.  My husband keeps asking me if I am ever going to do it (it has been on the frame since last summer).  I just tell him not to worry about it. 

Judy and Karla as I stated earlier I do like with both of you have done with your LUS blocks.  It gives me ideas on how to do mine (when I can get to it). 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:47 AM | Locked

Jacy:

Here's what I've been working on the last few days. My 11yr old DS decided his book project was going to be a wall hanging of a picture in his assigned book, they were assigned a folktale this month. We had fun doing it and I hastily took a photo of it before he took it out the door to school. It wasn't quite finished but he was anxious to show his teacher.

From the book East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Mercer Mayer.

Beautiful wall hanging! You and your son did a great rendition of the picture.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:53 AM | Locked

Didash, are the hexies you mentioned in the I-spy you were making? 

Jacy, I just showed Jr your book quilt. He says it is "TOTALLY AW-SOME!!"

Today I will be lucky if I have room to sew anything. The boys are making Valentine's cards.  I imagine DD will too. Last year she took over my sewing machine to make a quilted card for her BF and thought that project was just the cat's meow...

I've been trying to sucker her into playing with quilt designs on my EQ with the over all goal of tricking her into designing her own graduation quilt. LOL  We'll see how that goes.

I did get a new iron yesterday. Really not a purchase I can afford right now, but Sprout managed to break the old one into several pieces so I  had no choice.  Can you imagine quilting without a reliable iron!??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:19 AM | Locked

I have been snowed in for a week.  I did remember to cut out and bring a quilt home from the studio to work on here.   It has been so dark and gloomy around here this winter that I am doing a Trip around the world in bright primary colors.  Really bright colors..  Coming along really well except I put one panel together all wrong and had to rip it all out.  Not a problem I was so close to having finished that I worried about I would do when it was done.  Did not really plan on being snowed in this long.  I have a quilt on the frame that I need to get back to and I have one on the design wall that I need to sew together.  Talk about bits and pieces to get done.  When did I start all this multitasking.  Geez. 

Everyone have a good day

Granny M

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:18 PM | Locked

chocake2 - The octagons are a "kaleidoscope quilt" called Brewster's Choice.  Really giving me a fit!

Here is the finished I Spy some of you were so gracious to help me complete...ready for quilting and binding TODAY!! Yay!! I turned up the corner to show the minky on the back.

You might also notice the "cloud" flannel sheet is gone from my design wall!!! While picking up the minky in Lancaster, they had a bolt of flannel - nice heavy (stiff) flannel that was perfect for the wall - only 47 cents a yard!! Just couldn't say no to that deal - LOL!

Off to quilt the I Spy and fight with the octagons some more....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:19 PM | Locked

Not sure why the picture rotated...but if you click on it, it turns right side up...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:42 PM | Locked

Diane, love the I Spy quilt. It looks almost like the one I have on my design wall. I have two matching blocks scattered across the quilt to play the game of Match Up. You've inspired me to get a move on finishing it.

Page 171 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use