Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 169 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:42 AM | Locked

Jan, love your new sewing table.  It is always nice to receive a gift that was made especially for you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 10:26 AM | Locked

Will wonders never cease?  Having trouble getting into the threads today so I'll say I love all the work being done by all.  Keep up the good work my friends and have a great day.  (((((HUGS))))))

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:02 AM | Locked

I had o just pop in and ditto Marie's post...have been struggled since surgery Jan.6-in Hosp. 1 WK.  then back 2x.

Still doing home IV antibiotics 3x a day total 6wks.. Infection went into bones.  On total bed rest too-no sewing EVEN! 

Hubby got the flu day I got on of Hosp. Going to work tomorrow,  à BAD flu! When it rains, pours.....except Oregon has had almost none. So far....drought summer?   

Love your quilts, brigh spot of my days....Pam

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,957
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:13 AM | Locked

Marie and Pam - I can't ever get to the home page anymore or the PM page...nope doesn't happen - I get in via messages that are on threads that I have email messages coming to my email.  

I, too, love all the quilts.  All of them are inspirational and motivate me to get up and do at least something... but today is not one of those days - no matter how much I want to get up and sew it isn't happening... not yet anyway - the day is still young!  I can hope...

Saw all 3 of my docs yesterday and all 3 said that I should be glad to be seeing them yesterday - we kind of laughed - the weather man was forecasting snow for Oklahoma in Feb... and yes we got it and it is still coming down... I had a hard time getting out of bed today!  I did my range of motion exercises - took my pain meds but the pain has yet to go away.  I did get up and feed the critters and give Mom her morning pills and then it was to my chair and that is where I still am.  they did diagnose spinal stenosis in the lumbar region along with the cervical - they told me they could give me an epidural but I declined yesterday - I will hope that the weather will ease up and my arthritis will be have - but for today I am under my heated blankets dreaming of quilting and looking at all the beautiful pictures ot the ones all of you are making... keep up the good work - it will get me out of my chair!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 12:30 PM | Locked

ls2116:
I really need to figur out a way of reminding myself not to do a bad quilting habit when binding.  If i haven't done one in a while i fold the edge twice and it makes it way too thick rather then cutting a long strip and attaching to both sides.  Got any tips for me to set this reminder?

Is, what do you mean by folding the edge twice?  F&P have a great way of doing the binding.  It does add four layers of fabric, but it's pretty cool.   Take your strip (about 2-7/8").  fold in half and press.  Then lay the raw edge along the raw edge of your quilt top.  Sew your 1/4" to 1/2" seam.  Then fold that so the half way seem on your binding strip is over and past the edge of your quilt.  Press again.  Fold around the edge of your quilt and press one more time.  You should have a pressed mark on your binding strip that you can now sew by machine or hand to the back of your quilt.  Check out the tutorials they really help especially with the corners of your binding.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 1:51 PM | Locked

Pam,  I am sorry that you have bee  having such a rotten time with getting better.-- and that your husband had the audacity to get sick just as you got home.  OH MY!   Hope things get better for you quickly now though.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:26 PM | Locked

Gini-

Thanks for thoughts....He went to Dr today and has sinus and ear infection from nasty flu- so antibiotics and back to work Thurs.

What a winter....I'll never forget it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,125
Pat A replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:29 PM | Locked

I finally finished the top for MQ6.  Now I just have to see if I have something I can use for a backing.  I really don't want to buy any fabric right now.   One UFO almost finished!

Going to start working on LUS blocks now......

Pat A. in KY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:28 PM | Locked

What I meant was like sewing the edge of quilt sandwich only triple the sandwich way to thick bad to do I think.  I have better quality with edge of sandwich and attach long strip to one side fold over then close the binding up repeat for all sides.

Anyway the wall hanging i'm doing now is gonna be a reversible wish me luck on that binding.  I tried echo quilting one side.  side two will be crosshatch.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:08 PM | Locked

Pam, so sorry your still struggling since your surgery.  Pray you'll be much better soon.  Also that hubby gets better soon as well.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:11 PM | Locked

Thea, sorry your having a tough day, pray that you'll be better tomorrow.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:31 AM | Locked

Is if you're talking about a bindingless quilt, make sure to keep any quilting a couple of inches away from the edges.  Fold the top and backing fabrics back and trim your batting back a bit.  Then fold the top over the batting and press.  Fold the backing fabric over only on itself, matching the edge with that of your top.  PIn and quilt along the edge.  Does that make sense?  Make sure to miter your corners.  Then you can go back and finish any quilting along the edges. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:32 PM | Locked

Prayers going up for you Pam

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:06 PM | Locked

Thanks,  am better today!  Got up showered didn't feel trembly.  Been up and down several times today so gaining strength.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 7,940
didash replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:34 PM | Locked

I'm back...needing HELP...again :/

I've started my first quilt with octagon blocks - made from 8 triangles with corner squares attached when the octagon is finished.

The triangle points are clipped to reduce bulk, but I'm having a heck of a time getting the block to press flat! Tried pressing the last seam open and that didn't even help much...should I press ALL seams open??

I even tried piecing the triangles together first from the point out and then tried from the wide end to the point...didn't seem to matter.  

You all are so talented, I figured someone here would have the answer...thanks in advance! You ladies are my "quilting lifeline"!!

Page 169 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use