Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 164 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 162 163 164 165 166 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 11:57 AM | Locked

Diane,  You quilt, tote bag and pillows are beautiful.  

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
Coalstar replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:56 PM | Locked

Yes. Just finished cutting strips. Very excited. Looking forward to making the panels.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
Coalstar replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:56 PM | Locked

Yes. Just finished cutting strips. Very excited. Looking forward to making the panels.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:43 PM | Locked

Here's what I've been working on the last few days. My 11yr old DS decided his book project was going to be a wall hanging of a picture in his assigned book, they were assigned a folktale this month. We had fun doing it and I hastily took a photo of it before he took it out the door to school. It wasn't quite finished but he was anxious to show his teacher.

From the book East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Mercer Mayer.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:05 PM | Locked

Is that raw edge appliqué?  It is so amazing.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:52 PM | Locked

Thanks Vivian.

And yes it's raw edge applique, and not even stitched down yet.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:01 PM | Locked

I've been working on mug rugs and on gifts for the retreat.  I saw this on Pinterest, uses 2 10" squares and batting.  they are coming out so cute and best of all, ladiues, I'm using up my bigger scrap pieces.  Oh, I do hope everyone will like them, they are so cute.  OK, Ok, no more hints!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:04 PM | Locked

I love it. I'd post a photo of my new assistant but she gets dizzy upside down.  

See she has to lay down. On my quilt. That I was trying to load. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:11 PM | Locked

ok,  Diane - quilt, pillows and tote bag are all very cute and I like the yellow. 

Jacy - what a unique idea and it is very nice. can't blame him for wanting to show it off.

Patti - love your quilt, especially the middle section.  did you use a pattern or just something you thought of?

now, who did I miss?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:30 PM | Locked

Brenda Jarrett:
Finally I have finished the top of my Mystery Quilt #9.  I still need to quilt it.  I know better late than never.
Brenda, my "better late than never" will be much later than yours!  This is over a week later than you finished yours and I just have 4 rows put together.  Mine will be 5 blocks by 7 blocks to make a college dorm quilt.  The blocks have been done for over a month, maybe longer, just taking up space on a tray table next to the machine!  I did finish a New Year's Eve quilt nearly 2 weeks ago, but with so much going on here I haven't even had time to take a picture of it.  Rich's mother turned 100 today and we had a celebration for her Saturday.  Now that is over, I hope I will have more time to sew - maybe at least 1 day a week!!!  I am getting Thurs. off from riding in the truck, so hope to get it finished then, maybe even borders and all!!  

I really like your colors - yellow for sunshine and blue for the night sky.  Your print contrasts perfectly with both of them.  My comment is also "better late than never".  My internet went down last week and the computer nearly died on me.  After playing around with it, I finally got the computer to boot to diagnostics a few days ago and after running it through that process several times (hours and hours each time), I finally succeeded in triggering something to get things going again.  Don't ask me what I did, but something woke the miserable thing up.  I think it is time to retire this antique and get a new computer.  I would hate to lose all the thousands of pictures and quilt patterns I have on it.  I guess it is time to back-up more than a few patterns that I saved a few years ago.  After playing some more, I got the internet going again - some of the problem may have been our poor cell-phone signals and the storms that refuse to let us alone.  Our internet connection is a USB modem with it's own cell phone number! 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 16,770
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:09 PM | Locked

Patti, great quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,865
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:11 PM | Locked

I finished quilting the red/white/black quilt, and have it off of the frame.  There are a lot of mistakes in it, but it is done (except for the binding) and that is better than perfect.  One UFO done (although it has not been over 6 months since I worked on it last), it was left at the stage it was when I left the Oregon Retreat until this week.  Several other projects were finished and started since I last worked on this one, so to me it was a UFO.  That's 2 of 30 tops quilted this month.  If I can keep this up, maybe I can clean up all of the UFO's.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 16,770
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:17 PM | Locked

Diane, and Jacy your projects looks wonderful.

Vivian, your new assistant is very pretty, even upside down.

Karla, keep up the good work.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:31 PM | Locked

Jacy, this is stunning. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:35 PM | Locked

Debbie, I am looking forward to seeing your mug rugs.  Are they quick to do?  I am looking for projects that are quick and easy to do for gifts.

Page 164 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 162 163 164 165 166 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use