Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 157 of 223 (3343 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,342 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:35 PM

Jacy, DH and you have reason to be moping.  Isn't he an electrician.  My sister is a retired electrician.  She sure had some ups and downs with work. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:37 PM

Here is my scrappy in process.  The green will be the background, and it will have a piano key scrappy border.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:29 PM

No I sure haven't been doing anything remotely connected with quilting. I've been down and out with the flu. Tonight I went into my bio page and laughed out loud when it said I was 2,012 years old. I'm sure that was never there before. I'm still chuckling.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 11:59 PM

MNnancy:

Oh my, Gini, you had a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day!  I thought those only happened in books.

(Would you like us to make you a quilt?)

as I was sitting here staring at the walls, I remembered 15 minutes too late that my car was due to go to the car doctor today.   they squeezed me in, but I had a long wait in the waiting room, with some nice older gentlemen to chat with.   one of them made needle point doll houses on the plastic canvases.  thankfully, I hadn't poured the drink, before I remembered.

I'm all calmed down now,  thank you for the offer, nancy, but I don't think  I need a quilt at this time, and  since I don't have a quilt to bind yet, I may sleep in tomorrow.  i'll wrap up in cotton wool before I leave the house.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:32 AM

patti. I like your scrappy

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:14 AM

Patti - Loving the scrappy quilt - I need to make one one of these days...gotta get some of the other projects off the drawing board first!

Debbie - Great idea for a pillow!!

Dorothy -  If you haven't already, take a look at the Dot-to-Dot quilting class on Craftsy...I can already see lots of those patterns being used on your runner.  Love the runner!  If you get tired of it, just want to let you know it fits my color scheme and table perfectly!!  If the Craftsy class isn't on sale now, fold it up neatly until the class goes on sale...they seem to rotate through the classes with their sales pretty frequently.

As for me, I finished the quilting of the Mummer's quilt - just have one side of the binding to go.  Also made the tote bag (Mummer's) today and decided on the layout for the two pillows that will be made tomorrow - got the pieces cut, so the sewing should go pretty quick.  When I needed to stretch (or just do something else for a while), I've been cutting the squares for the I Spy Quilt.  Still have the quilt for the new livingroom on the design wall - all sandwiched and ready to quilt.  If I get these bloody pillows done early enough tomorrow, I can start the quilting.  We are supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow and then frigid temps the rest of the week, so I'll have a good amt. of time to play - won't be venturing out unless absolutely necessary.  Glad DH's PET scan is early tomorrow before the snow starts!

I'll post pics of the Mummer's raffle items when I get the pillows done...

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:16 AM

Gini - So sorry you had such a crappy day :(   I'm with you on the Margaritas!  A cold Margarita and listening to Zac Brown sing Knee Deep puts me right in my Happy Place :)

I'm sure better days are ahead...after all, you got all the lousy stuff covered in one day! :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:04 PM

I had plans to complete some projects yesterday as I had made a trip to the LQS to pick up fabric for binding my Lone Star Sampler (I used every bit of the fabric I had bought for the quilt) and I didn't think that purple would look good as binding on a brown/green quilt.  I also picked up some black/white/red fabric to border the quilt I started at the Oregon Retreat with the red/white/black charms swap we did a while back.

But DH had other plans, so after heading out for hair cuts, we ended up at DD1's place so he could get his baby fix.  I'm not really feeling that need as I know in 2 weeks I will be babysitting and getting a lot of baby hugs.

Anyway, didn't get home last night until about 9 so got nothing done.  This morning, however, I have made the binding for the Lone Star Sampler and have added the 2 borders to the red/white/black quilt.  It's now ready to load on the frame.  I have the fabric for the backing, just need to cut it and sew it to size.  I hope to have both of these projects done this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:46 PM

Yay me. I made the strip sets for  my next lone star (inspired by our own Karla) today and even cut some of the units. Sadly my math was off (beeg surprize there, huh - lol) so now I have to cut more strips and do more strip sets to have enough. I hate when I do that...but since I do it every time I gusee I should know better by now. Someday I'm gonna learn from my mistakes. Really, I am!!

Anyway I got far enough today to lay out half the star and I think it's going to look pretty good when I get it sewn together. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 7:12 PM

I did the same thing when I did my strip sets...had to keep making more and more, and then when I finally got it finished, had leftovers of certain ones.

Anyway, I've got the binding machine sewed on front and am now in the process of hand sewing the back of this one.  I will be so nice to get it finished.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Jacy, so sorry about your DH losing his job.  Hope he finds another job really soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:31 PM

Jacy:
My poor DH found out at work today that he (and 3 others) were no longer needed.

I hope this is just a temporary situation.  Will you be on Snickerdoodle tonight?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:18 PM

MNnancy

What is
Snickerdoodle?

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:44 PM

Debbie and Chocake2 - Doing the Happy Dance here in DE in spite of all that white stuff falling from the sky!!! Fabric came today - they are all terrific :) and will help so much!!  Thanks again sooooo much!  I sure hope I can return the favor at some time :)

Now if I can just finish these 2 pillows for the Mummers Raffle....truth be told, I really dislike doing pillows :(

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Jan 22 2014 3:39 PM

Jacy I am so sorry for you and your husband. Who needs a depressed man around the house!!  Here is hoping he finds another job soonest!!    got home from the hospital,this morning and showered and jammied I decided to sew the binding on the quilt I just finished. Good idea. I was careful to check everything twice to avoid unsewing anything.  Thought I was doing well until I ran out of bobbin thread and when rethreading my machine, found I had put the bobbin tail through the needle. Took me a long time to get that thick, heavy thread through that tiny, tiny needle eye.  Sigh. 

My best friend brought me the most delicious spinach mushroom quich. Which my husband has alreadystated  he will not eat ( can someone say 6 year old!!). My good. It is delicious.  And I will gobble it all up. 

Page 157 of 223 (3343 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use