Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 155 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 6:02 PM | Locked

I  finished my quilt top and I started the day they posted the directions.  Hang in there.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 435
Betty Binder replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 6:37 PM | Locked

I work on a quilt nearly every day and find that early in the morning is my best time of the day. If I don't quilt some time during the day then I feel I have missed something. Quilting relaxes me. I guess it is the touchy, feely thing that makes me feel good as much as loving to see the end result.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 7:26 PM | Locked

Well done, Brenda!  ...and glad to hear you enjoyed working on your first mystery quilt.  They are a lot of fun when you're doing them with a group!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 9:19 PM | Locked

I finished the quilting on the Lone Star Sampler today, but found I don't have any suitable fabric left for the binding, so it might mean a trip to the LQS tomorrow.

During the football games I did a little applique and almost have Block 1 of Garden Party done.  I fear that needle-turn applique is not my thing, I'd much rather be working on the sewing machine.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 5:49 AM | Locked

I am actually working on three quilts right now. One is an X's & O's quilt for my sister done using the Honeysweet line, (love that fabric line!) the other is a modified stacked coin quilt done in the Petal fabric line and I am still putting the finishing touches on a Christmas quilt.

Once these are finished, I'm going to make my first rag quilt. I have my flannels and my snips so I'm ready to tackle one of these! :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 9:24 AM | Locked

I'll finish the quilt on my frame today once my husband gets up. I am a really early riser and he sleeps in till 9 or so. Wish i could.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:36 AM | Locked

yes, going to play with my scraps and then on to my daughter's skirt. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 1:44 PM | Locked

Brenda, your MQ9 top is beautiful! I love the colors - they just sparkle.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:30 PM | Locked

I have just had a cruddy morning.   i woke up yesterday with my jaw hurting and not able to close my teeth together on the left side because i had been sleeping with my jaw crushed into the bed.  in my wisdom i located my nightguard and popped it in last night.    so,  first thing, i was dreaming i walked into the bathroom and was sitting on the toilet,  nope, i peed the bed.   then,  when we got everthing put back to order and laid back down, i had taken my nightguard out and none of my teeth would come together now my jaw is really hurting.  I lost my credit card, tore the house apart, and the cars and the sewing room,  sam's office.      grrrr.     I set aside two days to quilt and bind an auction quilt.  plenty of time, right?   wrong.    both of the machines I use for quilting would not work this morning.  I put in a frantic quilt emergency call to my friend.  she is going to have it done by tomorrow.  whew.   on the way  out the  door to her house,   I missed the last step at the studio and fell, thankfully the door was closed and I didn't go tumbling out onto the sidewalk.  as it was my face was smooshed up against the glass door, my ankle and wrist are not happy.   good thing the door didn't break with my hard head.  reaching into the dryer to try to feel for my credit card, my shoulder popped and now it hurts like the dickens.  when i delivered the quilt, my friend didn't want me to go back out on the road.  i don't know if she was worried about me or all the other cars in my way.   i am back home now,  and i think i am just going to sit here and stare at the four walls for a bit.  good thing sam left this morning, all i need is him giving me a bad time and asking if i need to go to a nursing home and get some professional care.

please don't anyone tell me this is what i have to look forward to now that i am 60.   is it noon yet?    i think a margharita is in order whilst i stare at the walls.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:31 PM | Locked

Here's a new type of "memory" quilt for the quilter!  I got the idea from Sew Mama Sew and made mine into a 16" pillow with scraps from all the projects I've worked on in the last 6 months or so.  Now when I look at the pillow, I can remember all the great stuff I've made and all the great people they were made for!  The smallest piece is 1/2" x 1/2".  The piece on the back is from a walker bag I just finished for mom.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:33 PM | Locked

way to go Brenda, your quilt is beautiful

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:36 PM | Locked

Debbie, i love your pillow, what a great idea

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 460
Dorothy B Tyler replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:44 PM | Locked

Does this count as working on a quilt? I've had this table runner pin basted on my table for about a week. I look at it daily and still can't come up with a quilting pattern I like.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:47 PM | Locked

Gini, I hope I never have a day like that one.  I may have to print out the description of the day and keep it to look at anytime I think I am having a bad day. 

Hope your afternoon really makes up for it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:48 PM | Locked

I agree Ging, you have had a really cruddy day.  Don't think I would have waited til noon to have that margarita.   And yes, this is just the beginning of becoming clumsy again.  Some days I think I have gone all the way back to my toddler days, but it didn't hurt as much then when you fell.   I went to quilting today and someone told a friend that we would quilt  WHOLE CLOTH QUILT FOR HER.  What were they thinking?  the lines on this are so close together and detailed that , I swear, it is going to take a year to get it done.   Of course, it made my arthritic thumbs start hurting again.  Good luck on feeling better today,  Good thing you have an understanding quilter who could rescue you.    Ginny

Page 155 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use