Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 154 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 7:25 PM | Locked

I have been working all day everyday on the last memory quilt for my spouses aunt. This is the third one and final one.  I chose to do inset seams. I haven't done many before, I am getting lots of practice now!!! Not perfect but getting better!  Can't wait to finish it so I can move on to the next one.  Memory quilts are not my favorite to make...

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 12:42 AM | Locked

I worked today at the LQS then stayed for late sew and got my cat and tree branch  appliqués for Garden Party. Just getting home.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:03 AM | Locked

Looking forward to seeing your kitty. I am really enjoying Garden Party. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 9:35 AM | Locked

Not sure who "Darlene H*" is due to the "forum names" used here...but just want Darlene to know that I received the squares and fabric and the are PERFECT!!! Thank you so much!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 2:34 PM | Locked

I am busy preparing veggies for my dinner tonight and slipping into the sewing room to quilt a row at a time AND trying to avoid the front room because I am dragging thread everywhere I go. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 2:39 PM | Locked

I got DD to help me select fabric for another lone star quilt. Now I just have to get off my bum and make it!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 193
Points 3,285
hhhdmh replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:39 PM | Locked

Hi Diane,

I am hhhdmh on this forum. I am glad you got the things I sent and that they will help you with your quilt. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 6:12 PM | Locked

chocake2:

I got DD to help me select fabric for another lone star quilt. Now I just have to get off my bum and make it!

CC, you're a glutton for punishment...most Lonestars mean lot's of "Y" seams, doesn't it?

Today I am quilting the Lone Star sampler...but my plans for how I was going to quilt went awry, so it'a just being quilted edge to edge in "loop'd'loops".  More than 1/3 of the way done now.  Got the Round Robin finished and in the mail...at last I feel like I'm accomplishing something.  Right now I'm just taking a break from begin in front of the frame quilting...shoulders were starting to hurt.  

I've got the boys here today and they are bored to death because I wouldn't quit what I was doing and take them to the skate park after Grandpa fixed the broken scooter.  When I finally get a good start on my projects I don't feel like quitting for anything, and today is one of those days where I just feel like I need to keep going and going like the Ever Ready bunny.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:20 PM | Locked

I love the quilts. Great to see all the work done. As for me, I've set quilting to finish a pair of socks. I hope to have them done by  Monday. Then I can gladly get back to quilting. I was so excited to get my fabric today. I got some Betty Boop fabric and some pink and grey for a baby quilt. Ooooh new projects for a dear friend.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 3:12 PM | Locked

Patti:

I am actually finishing up a UFO.   The top anyway.  Just 2 seams left of the body, and then attaching a simple border.  Well, it was just 2 seams, and now looking at it I discover at the top, one of the 4 patches is turned the wrong way.  I have to fix that.  But frustration calls for a break.  I'll post later today when I finish the top.  It's the leaf quilt from the first Leavenworth retreat.  2011.

LOL...sounds like you're in about the same place as I am with this 2011 Retreat 'leaf quilt' Patti.  I keep trying to get back to it, but life (and new quilt projects) keep getting in the way.  Mine is still on my design wall...since I brought it back from last years retreat...where I was hoping to get it finished.  Didn't happen...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:28 PM | Locked

I sewed  a bit more on my mq9 today, but as I lose light from sun I stop sewing.  I'm gonna have to find more lighting for my sewing room.  Along with more space.  I'm thinking maybe I'll move machine into living room  My saga continues For the first time I can't wait until I'm doing the binding.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:44 PM | Locked

Finally I have finished the top of my Mystery Quilt #9.  I still need to quilt it.  I know better late than never.  I loved the mystery and have enjoyed this site.  I will be staying.  Here is a couple of pictures.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:57 PM | Locked

Brenda - love your MQ9 - yellow and blue are great together!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:58 PM | Locked

Received a funny note from a friend, she doesn't quilt or do crafts.  When I showed her some new Dear Jane Blocks she said "So this means you finished the other 2 quilts you started, right?"  Crazy girl, LOL  We never finish everything do we???

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 6:00 PM | Locked

Thanks I thought I would never get it together.  I have never done something with so many points.  I am sort of a newbe.

Page 154 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use