Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 153 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435
Patricia Faye replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:50 AM | Locked

zoetc49:

Finally, I guess I passed the stone. When I got home and took two Soya Lecithin pills, and I had no more issues. now I just stay away from friend foods. I can eat  healthy oils though.

Vivian you might want to look at that  and see what you think, it's just a natural oil that helps the gallbladder.   

Zoetc49, unfortunately gall stones aren't like kidney stones, you can't pass them & they can't be broken up with ultrasound treatments.  My doctor said the stones are like spurs or stickers.   The only way to "cure" them is to have the surgery so if you have had one attack be prepared for more until you have the surgery.  It wasn't until about 10 yrs after my first gall bladder episode that I began having them more frequently & had to have the surgery.   I take Lecithin and fish oil capsules to aid in my digestion & still stay away from most fried foods.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 690
Points 11,855
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:48 AM | Locked

Thanks for that information, maybe mine was something different. 

Patricia Faye:

zoetc49:

Finally, I guess I passed the stone. When I got home and took two Soya Lecithin pills, and I had no more issues. now I just stay away from friend foods. I can eat  healthy oils though.

Vivian you might want to look at that  and see what you think, it's just a natural oil that helps the gallbladder.   

Zoetc49, unfortunately gall stones aren't like kidney stones, you can't pass them & they can't be broken up with ultrasound treatments.  My doctor said the stones are like spurs or stickers.   The only way to "cure" them is to have the surgery so if you have had one attack be prepared for more until you have the surgery.  It wasn't until about 10 yrs after my first gall bladder episode that I began having them more frequently & had to have the surgery.   I take Lecithin and fish oil capsules to aid in my digestion & still stay away from most fried foods.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:51 AM | Locked

Patti:

I must be one of the lucky ones.  My only consequence from having my gall bladder out was no longer having those awful gall bladder attacks.

I am of the same opinion. Mine's been gone since 1980. My first attack was in 1972, then nothing until 1979. From that attack until I had it removed in 1980 it felt like bloody murder. For me, too, even if childbirth was difficult and painful it was a piece of cake compared to the gall bladder attacks. I was so limited in what I could eat by the time I had surgery that I often didn't even bothering eating.

Good luck on your surgery, Vivian, and the back to quilting right quickly thereafter.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:43 PM | Locked

Vivian, I love this pattern.  Did you just use straps for this? It looks like each block is almost the same, but I don't remember ever seeing a block like this. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:18 PM | Locked

The pattern is called Bricks and Mortar but that isn't the picture you get when you google it. Each block is made up of three strips which are made up of squares, blocks and strips. Until I sat down with the pattern and really looked at the method, which meant actually laying out the pieces in a block form I could not wrap my head around it.  But now it's one of my favourites. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:54 AM | Locked

Didash, Have you seen this:

Someone brought the pattern to my attention after I'd finished the I-spy quilt I made for my son, and I just thought it was too cute for words. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 4:12 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Didash, Have you seen this:

Someone brought the pattern to my attention after I'd finished the I-spy quilt I made for my son, and I just thought it was too cute for words. 

OMG!! How cute is that!!!??!!!  I'm now wishing my daughter hadn't specifically requested the pattern I made for my grandson...a disappearing nine patch.  Probably a good thing...the D9P will be much quicker to sew up - LOL!  Thanks for sharing...I'm saving this one :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:19 PM | Locked

Vivian :

The pattern is called Bricks and Mortar but that isn't the picture you get when you google it. Each block is made up of three strips which are made up of squares, blocks and strips. Until I sat down with the pattern and really looked at the method, which meant actually laying out the pieces in a block form I could not wrap my head around it.  But now it's one of my favourites. 

Vivian, great quilt. Who makes the pattern? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 10:12 AM | Locked

I only have a photo copy and the magazine info isn't on the page. I think this is a mystery quilt. I may be able to get it from the girl that gave it to me but I think hers was a copy or she gave me her copy!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:59 PM | Locked

I am actually finishing up a UFO.   The top anyway.  Just 2 seams left of the body, and then attaching a simple border.  Well, it was just 2 seams, and now looking at it I discover at the top, one of the 4 patches is turned the wrong way.  I have to fix that.  But frustration calls for a break.  I'll post later today when I finish the top.  It's the leaf quilt from the first Leavenworth retreat.  2011.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:15 PM | Locked

I love my leaf quilt. I still haven't finished it. It still needs some free motion leaf veining etc. but the top is together and that is a step in the right direction. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:26 PM | Locked

I made a couple LUS blocks and now am working on the Round Robin.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:05 PM | Locked

I've been quilting all day -- with QCA breaks here and there --- and laundry --- on the quilt I am donating to the Heart Ball Silent Auction made with blocks from the Happy Heart Block Swap. I much prefer piecing! LOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:06 PM | Locked

Karla, I made 3 LUS blocks today 1 a couple of days ago. So now I'm only 14 behind.  And I finished block one of the Garden Party.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:28 PM | Locked

I'm 4 ahead on the LUS because I've got to post the next assignment (or Nana or Roxana) and have examples ready, so I try to stay ahead.  I haven't finished the Garden Party block yet, but it's getting close.  I just got three sides of the border for the Round Robin done today, and hope to get it finished tonight.

Page 153 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use