Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 152 of 224 (3351 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,350 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 4:50 PM

Jacy:
clean house, well at least not until it becomes a necessity.

Baw. Who needs a clean house anyway? Dust bunnies have a right to life, too.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:22 PM

I even went into the album and turned the photo upside down then went to post it and it was still upside down. Don't have a clue how to fix it.  Thanks Kath!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,640
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:40 PM

Vivian :

I even went into the album and turned the photo upside down then went to post it and it was still upside down. Don't have a clue how to fix it.  Thanks Kath!!

You're welcome.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:42 PM

chocake2:
Baw. Who needs a clean house anyway? Dust bunnies have a right to life, too.

No one will ever accuse me of a clean house, LOL.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:54 PM

Karla:
No one will ever accuse me of a clean house, LOL.

Karla - you are not alone.  It just gets as messy as when I did it, so why bother.  I do clean up when company comes but that's not often anymore.  need to have company more often but DH then goes overboard and wants to do more than necessary!  Drives me crazy, so I leave it for him to do.  learned long time ago, if I couldn't do it to his satisfaction, let him do it!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:06 PM

Vivian :
Completed last night while working through a gall bladder attack. Coming out next tues. Thank heavens. 

Vivian - it can be a curse to not have a gall bladder, also.  had mine out almost 15 years ago and don't know that I wouldn't take it back, if I could.  really changed my bowel habits, plus with my IBS, I'm never far from a bathroom.  first thing I locate when I go anywhere is the bathroom. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:09 PM

I must be one of the lucky ones.  My only consequence from having my gall bladder out was no longer having those awful gall bladder attacks.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:31 PM

Debbie:
 need to have company more often but DH then goes overboard and wants to do more than necessary!  Drives me crazy, so I leave it for him to do.  learned long time ago, if I couldn't do it to his satisfaction, let him do it!   

Our DH's must be related.  I no longer load the dishwasher because I don't do it right.  I don't often do the dusting because I cut corners and the way i do it is just not good enough; however, he doesn't complain often about the way I mow the lawn or vacuum.  Well he would complain about he vacuuming, but vacuuming our house is so difficult because we need new carpeting, and he does part and I do part.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 847
Points 15,700

Vivian, I don't know how you are able to work through a gall bladder attack.  Mine hurt worse than childbirth!   At times I thought I was having a heart attack and after having it out I have the same problems as you Debbie!   

I'm happy not to have the gall bladder attacks any longer.  I think my IBS started after I had it removed years ago. My doctor told me I would be able to eat anything but I have to avoid most roughage and fatty foods or suffer the consequences.   I also know where the clean bathrooms are located wherever I go ( and those that will do in a pinch!)   I wouldn't wish the problem on anyone.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,365
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:57 PM

OmG I also have had my gall bladder removed (1978)  and I also suffer IBS but I never put the two together.  I had assumed the IBS and resulting dashes to the bathroom were caused by my lactose intolerance  to milk .  I drink a lot of milk (Lactaid now )  Some of the other things like roughage  actually improve the IBS so I try to eat salads regularly.  Chocolate has lately proven to be a problem.  Darn it anyway.  But thank goodness no more gallbladder attacks. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:38 PM

To those of you that offered to help with my "boy" I Spy quilt charm squares - I REALLY wasn't ignoring you!! I haven't been able to get on the site for over a day! :((

I have sent friend requests with messages including my address to all those that replied.  A HUGE thank you and hug to each of you!

Vivian - gorgeous quilt - good luck with the surgery!!  Will keep you in prayer :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:45 PM

Quiltless:

Nice quilt, Vivan.  It is even prettier right side up.

I don't know - I kind of liked it hanging from the ceiling!

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, Vivian.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:02 PM

Apparently I don't "work" them through. Spent the night before in pain at home and last night at the hospital. I am now looking at tin can lids and rotary cutters with speculation and morphine with great affection 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,640
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 11:51 PM

Vivian, I hope you feel much better very soon.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Points 9,385
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 12:25 AM

I had a gall bladder attack a couple of months back . I know what caused it, I just ate some fried onion rings. I left  the restaurant and headed over to JoAnns, and when I got there I was in so much pain. I walked and went to the bath room 5 times in a half hour as I did not know what was going on. Finally, I guess I passed the stone. When I got home and took two Soya Lecithin pills, and I had no more issues. now I just stay away from friend foods. I can eat  healthy oils though.

Vivian you might want to look at that  and see what you think, it's just a natural oil that helps the gallbladder.   

Page 152 of 224 (3351 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use