Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 148 of 223 (3344 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,343 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 4:42 PM

Ladies, I ditto what everyone else has said here. The bird quilt by Agnes is beautiful as is the sampler by Dee etc. etc . I love to look at everyone,s quilts even if there not finished, Jacy, with your brood  I,m amazed you find the time to do as much as you do. You are like a superwomen to me.    Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,350
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 4:46 PM

Agnes,

I love your bird quilt.  If you're wondering what to do with it, I'll send you my address.  LOL

Pat A. in KY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,350
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 4:48 PM

Jacy. I love your fish quilt.  It is so cute.  Good job on the quilting too. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,350
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 4:51 PM

Angele, Cute quilts.  I like them both. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,350
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 4:57 PM

Dee Duck.  I really like your sampler quilt.  It is so springtimey.  Lovely. 

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Points 785

Well lucky me for receiving more kudos. Thanks Marie, Is2116 and PatA; your comments are egging me on to continue making the quilt larger---oh hum-m, two more rows of 16, 2 appliques plus one row is minus four blocks. If I knew how to post each days work and blocks along the way, I could share my progress with everyone. I just cannot figure this format out. But like I say, I appreciate everyone's interest. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  That is something this Board has--lots of enthusiasm.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 434
Points 6,955
Mz M replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 8:06 PM

Mz M:

Ladies - thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my Hay Bale. You are all so encouraging. I got a design wall for Christmas so now I am able to lay out my blocks and play with them for a more balanced quilt. Thanks again!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:03 PM

Today I finally was tired of looking at my mq9 in a heap on table and started the quilting.  This one is the most challenging for me because i'm outline sewing the squares on point and the windmills.  Its gonna take me a while to complete because I really need a longarm for this one.  When I'm finished I'll measure it I think it will be the largest one.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:45 PM

Is2116,

You hang in there. You'll get it finished! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:12 PM

ls2116:
Today I finally was tired of looking at my mq9 in a heap on table and started the quilting.

Mine is still in my stack of UFO's...don't know when I'll get to it.  Glad you are working on yours, can't wait to see it finished.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:21 PM

I feel like I've finally gotten some quilting tasks completed!  Since the night before Christmas Eve, I finished DH's flannel quilt that was a Christmas gift - finished binding at 2:30 am...since then I've pieced a top for a raffle quilt with a Mummer's theme - just two more borders to put on then ready for quilting and binding (borders will be done when I get offline); pieced a Day and Night quilt for the living room which should also have borders completed tonight; made a really long French Braid table runner that is also ready for quilting and binding, FINALLY quilted and bound the Crystal Star, attached the pocket and it is hung ( YAY!) ; and cut pieces for a nautical quilt that will eventually go to the boat.  I think that covers it.  I still need to make a tote bag and 2 pillows with Mummer theme for the raffle...guess I'll start those on Monday :)  Sat. will be a no-quilting day since I'm giving hubby a surprise 70th birthday cocktail party here - looks like about 40 guest will be coming...just wondering where I'll put them all if they all come at once - this new house is pretty small!! Keep your fingers crossed for me that they spread out their arrival a little (it's come as you are, come when you can...).

Have enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful work...such inspiration!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Diana, sounds like you've been busy!

Is, good for you for finishing your MQ9.  Mine is in a UFO bag, but I have been swearing to myself that I'll get it finished any day now....

And then, what did I do over the weekend?  Started a new quilt.  (ZOMGWTFBBQ!)  My excuse is that Valentine's day is coming up soon and I still haven't used the **adorable** 10 inch blocks I got in the Valentine's swap we did last year. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 8:41 AM

playing tug of war with my mq9 thru the harp wearing out my shoulder quick, but  i'm determined now it will get finished.  Thanks all of you for the encouragement it helps.  I'm already thinking about my next one it will  be wall hanging size.  Is there a guiness world record on the largest quilt i think this mq9 is a giant.  Maybe i'd finally win something.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

I have been having the most fun with these pantos. This is my second 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Looks great Vivian.  I love your fabric.  Very pretty.

Page 148 of 223 (3344 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use