Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 138 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Which begs the question of what were you doing up at 2 am, why would you confront him and what was he doing in your yard!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Vivian :
Which begs the question of what were you doing up at 2 am, why would you confront him and what was he doing in your yard!!!

Ah, Vivian, that is the question. Actually, the dogs woke us up going nuts barking. George stayed in bed, I got up thinking there was a critter in our backyard. I took a flashlight, opened the back door and shone it out into the yard. To my absolute shock there was a man standing there. Without thinking at all (obviously) I charged out the door just as George came out of the bedroom yelling at me to stay in the house. I screamed "What the H*** are you doing (or something like that). Poor guy threw up his hands and said "Medic Medic". He was there for the neighbors.

Can you imagine what he thought? This wild eyed, toothless old lady in a ratty bathrobe and hair sticking up in all directions charging at him? Not my finest hour.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

The dogs are supposed to defend YOU. let them out next time. Did you give the poor guy a heart attack?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:47 PM | Locked

Lost my mind and tried to change my avatar.  Silly me. I'll work on it later. Site seems to be having some "issues" again. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Vivian :
The dogs are supposed to defend YOU. let them out next time. Did you give the poor guy a heart attack?

Let the dogs out? Put them in danger? Wouldn't happen. Nope, WE protect our dogs, LOL,  and besides, we have stubby legged little dogs. You met Corki at Leavenworth? She MIGHT be able to take down a squirrel Sophie is even smaller. :-).

The medic was pretty calm in the face of being attacked by a large flashlight.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

Debbie:

Agnes, both these pillows are so pretty.  I especially like the blue one!  but lots of detail in the bird one.  Great job!!

Thanks. I am enjoying both. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 4:45 PM | Locked

Judy, you should've grabbed him for me, at least a pic of him.  jeeze!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
JANEL-8 replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:42 PM | Locked

Karla:

This is my first post and I am thoroughly enjoying reading what all you ladies are doing.

I am so lucky.  I am getting a sewing room (currently in drywall condition) and I wondered if anyone has tried those fabric organizers that are like small bolts in a fabric store?  You can then put them on shelves or in boxes.

I currently have the same problem of either forgetting what I have or crawling around the floor or closet looking in the right bin.   Jane from Nashville

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
laidlaw replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:05 PM | Locked

Yes I did. I am making a Seattle Seahawks baby quilt for a great grandson to be born 1-31-2014. Obviously his parents are avid Seahawk fans.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:23 AM | Locked

Hi Jane, welcome to QCA. I haven't tried the fabric organizers that you asked about. If you take your fabric like it comes off the bolt and fold it one more time so it is about 10 inches wide you can then wrap it around your long rulers. I have one that is 8.5" and one that is 6.5". After you wrap the fabric the ruler will slide right out and you have a nice compact bundle. I use the 8.5" for pieces of fabric that are very long, usually backing. The smaller ruler is for shorter pieces. They stack neatly on shelves. Since I already have the rullers, this is free. You can also slide the ruler between pieces of fabric on the shelf and slide out what you want.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 726
Points 14,145
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

Welcome to QCA, Jane!  How nice that you're getting a new sewing room! Post photos of it when you're done. I like seeing other sewing areas and getting ideas for improving my space.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 726
Points 14,145
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Laidlaw, welcome to QCA and congratulations on the new great grandson!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,581
Points 26,460
Debbie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

I picked up my fall quilt, that I started on almost 4 years ago, from being long armed and put the binding and sewed it down last night.  Got hubby to hold it up and now its in the dryer.  So happy and proud to get it finished, finally. Here's the back and the front.  colors are much brighter - yellows, reds, oranges and gold.  Very bright fall colors, like pumpkins? 

took some more pics closer up to get the true colors. orange still isn't as bright as it really is but what can you do...

I'm on a mission to finish 7 tops I have done, just need to be quilted.  Went and bought backing for 3 of them today.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 1,045
Adele Hoyt replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:06 PM | Locked

Debbie your fall quilt is awesome, of course the fact that I love fall really helps!  I haven't made a stack and whack for a long time.  Something to think about, thanks for sharing!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 9:07 PM | Locked

Debbie. love your fall quilt back and front. Fall colors are always beautiful.

Page 138 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use