Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 121 of 216 (3234 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,233 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

I finished quilting a quilt on my Platinum 16 yesterday and am working on another. I'm not very good at it yet but these are tops I made as shop samples and I don't really care if they aren't perfect. I just need a lot more practice. My boss  has been having me quilt some things at work, too, as we have a machine set up there as well. I told her thanks for letting me practice on her quilts! It is 15* here today. I am staying in.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:03 PM

Wow everyone has done such great work on here... How do you all find the time...lol...

I have been working on some quilts requested by a couple of co workers. Chicago Bears Quilts. One Double and one crib size.  Now I am making another to throw up on Ebay to sell...

I wanted to share some great afbrics I got at fabrics for less on Black Friday...LOL.. Like I need more fabric..lol... Got them all for 2dollars  or less per yard... I wish I could of gotten more...lol...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 759
Points 11,380

Kelley Sounds like you have been very busy, quilting and getting great fabrics on Black Friday.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:51 PM

I really likee the alphabet fabric.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:54 PM

Vivian - love your quilts and Karla- your block looks so regal. Great job ladies!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 9:32 PM

I have been trying to get a little house work done then off to the sewing room.  I love looking out the window at the Oak trees and all that I have in my life.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:22 AM

I really need to get the binding done on the wall hangings for my bowling team, but have been fighting a cold.  I have a week . .. . not leaving the house today, it is 10 out there, we got 4 more inches of snow, the Arctic air is coming, so we have hit our high for the day, it will be 1 by noon and -1 by the time I would get done bowling.  Plus the winds are supposed to pick up and it will blow this stuff all around.  I will have to get down there and get the binding on, then I can sit up here in the LR to get those hand sewn down.  

Everyone stay warm!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:33 AM

Dawn:
the Arctic air is coming, so we have hit our high for the day, it will be 1 by noon and -1 by the time I would get done bowling.  Plus the winds are supposed to pick up

The temp is negative 22 this morning.  I don't even want to know what the wind chill is!  Happy as can be that I have nothing on the calendar, the dog walk will take all of 5 minutes, and I can sew all day!!!  I'm working on the guild's BOM.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:50 AM

MNnancy:

Dawn:
the Arctic air is coming, so we have hit our high for the day, it will be 1 by noon and -1 by the time I would get done bowling.  Plus the winds are supposed to pick up

The temp is negative 22 this morning.  I don't even want to know what the wind chill is!  Happy as can be that I have nothing on the calendar, the dog walk will take all of 5 minutes, and I can sew all day!!!  I'm working on the guild's BOM.

Minus 22.  I remember standing outside waiting for a schoolbus in Fargo in that kind of weather.  I would try to shelter my little brother from the winds while I watched for the bus.  Once we waited for almost an hour in minus 30 before we were told school was closed and the bus wasn't coming.  Uffda.  We weren't such tough kids though.  I remember it hurt.  I spent half my life in the cold, Great White North.  Having lived elsewhere, I can't take those extremes any more.  But, the season changes and summers were awesome.  Stay inside, Nancy.  Enjoy the day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:13 AM

My mother grew up in Iowa and she told about walking to school.  There was a grocery store that all the kids were allowed to enter one door and go out the other, to warm themselves a bit on the way.  The store put out butter for the kids to put on their chapped lips as they passed by. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:51 AM

My Dad built us kids a shelter to keep us warm a little while waiting for the bus.  It had seats and the 4 of us fit in there fine, kept each other warm that way.  There were days when we would be up there waiting and then we too, were told there was no school.  I remember there being 3 feet of snow on the ground to walk thru to get up our lane.  Took awhile to do. I also remember not being able to leave the house for a week.   I told my kids this, when they were growing up and they wished they had seen such snowfall.  :-)  Keep warm Nancy!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 9:46 AM

When it is this cold, it has to warm up to snow!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 10:42 AM

Dawn:
I told my kids this, when they were growing up and they wished they had seen such snowfall.

I have to say it has been a few years since we have seen this combination of really deep snow and extended extreme cold!  Winters have been wimpy for the past decade.  I like a good old-fashioned winter because it's more likely to kill off destructive tree-killing insects that are not supposed to be living in Minnesota.  The fact that I no longer have to drive into work each is another reason I'm more welcoming of this weather!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,735
Agnes replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 10:47 AM

Quiltless:

When it is this cold, it has to warm up to snow!

True. However you can still have ice crystals being pushed into your face with the wind. I was out in such conditions and quite enjoyed it yesterday. My going to school was pre bus days. We would walk two miles no matter what the weather. Our clothes were also not warm like they are currently. I have been enjoying my outings the past few days even though the wind chills are in the minus 30 range. At that stage there'e very little difference between C and F. I thank my warmness on having found boots that are rated to -40. When my feet are warm, I can endure almost  anything else.

Today I plan to make a sewing day but I will have to buckle down and get started or it will not happen.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 11:07 AM

Nancy, yeah, I don't have to be anywhere either, well, Have bowling today, but told my Mom I wasn't going out in this weather just to be frozen and do rotten at bowling again!  :-)  Plus, fighting this cold, I shouldn't be out in this weather anyway.  My nose has at least stopped dripping . . ..

Page 121 of 216 (3234 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use