Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 116 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 114 115 116 117 118 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 251
Points 3,240
Barbara in Colorado replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Pats on the back are well deserved!  I love the outcome of your cutting.  What a perfect way to spend a free day of freedom.  Hope you post pics of the finished quilt.  It will be lovely.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Sorry Donna, I guess that I am really behind the 8-ball.  What is inklingo?l      Ginny

Ginny, not really.  A lot of people have not heard of Inklingo.  Kris uses it all the time.  I'm just starting out with it (so I am still a novice) but I really like it!

Basically, Inklingo is a method where you print the cutting and sewing lines on the back of your fabric.  You can sew by hand or machine (or a mixture of both) using Inklingo.  It really keeps all your piecing very precise.  If you look on the website, there are lots of detailed illustrations and u-tube videos.  Plus, she has a free downloadable "Intro Package" so you can try it to see how you like it before you purchase any other sets.  

The current Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt (Celtic Solstice) that will be starting Nov 29 is being done in collaboration with Inklingo.  Quilters can either use templates, special rulers, or Inklingo for this quilt.  (The set for the mystery quilt is $20.)

Here is the link to the Inklingo website:  http://www.inklingo.com/section/home/71

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Brenda J:

Bright-Carol Do you have a pattern for this one??

Brenda

Sorry - have not been on the board for a few days -- finishing up the iron quilter quilt.  The pattern is called Next Generation Magic Nine Patch.  I found it at http://www.lynbrown.com/magic-9-patch-and-next-generation-quilts/.  I really like the pattern and plan on making more, but less scrappy. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Gorgous quilts and blocks posted a couple of pages back.  I really like the second quilt -- how was it done?

I finally finished the Iron Quilter challenge quilt and have it photographed and uploaded.  Woudn't you know that the day I need to photograph a quilt outside, we had an early ice storm.  I was standing outside in 30 degree weather with a gale blowing trying to get a pic of this baby.  But it is done!

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:04 PM | Locked

Linda, very pretty quilts, your son and daughter will have something to cherish, good job! 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Max, you should be proud and doing a happy dance, they're perfect and gorgeous, can't wait to see the rest of them!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
was frustrated by the bulky centers.  Since then I have learned from everyone on here how to tame those pesky seams

Marsha, would you share how those pesky seams are tamed, I'd love to know?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:46 PM | Locked

Donna B:
 But you forgot to mention you were using Inklingo to do these gorgeous stars.  You are a great testimonial as you've been avoiding blocks like this...until you tried Inklingo.

Donna,

You're absolutely right!  I got so excited at how my Kaleidoscope Stars were turning out I forgot to give credit as to 'how' I was doing them and why they were turning out with such perfect points.  Kris put me onto Inklingo in the Paper Piecing group a while back.  I finally went to the website last month, read up on it, and tried the free download set of shapes. I was HOOKED!  And after seeing some of the projects done by other ladies on the Inklingo blog I just had to try the Kal. Stars. I had some yardage I had stored for the last 6 years, and didn't know what in the world I would ever use it for, so it became my test fabric.   If I really screwed it up I wouldn't be unhappy losing it.  I'm not unhappy!

Those of you who know how I work know that I have avoided patterns with Half Square and Quarter Square Triangles.  Well, 'avoid' isn't the right word. I just wouldn't even attempt them because I knew how my points would turn out.  Forget about Diamonds!  Inset Seams...no way!   Not this kid!  But I am looking at them in a whole new light now.  I'm not afraid of trying any of them, and am really looking forward to attempting some additional patterns in the near future.  And best of all, for me anyway, I can sew the patterns together on my machine or by hand.  A lot of the time my back won't let me sit at the machine for more than a few minutes at a time. But I can sit in a straight-back rocker and do hand work for much longer (unless I nod off!).  The picture below shows 8 stars completed in the last 36 hours.  Three of the stars were done all on my machine, 3 done all by hand, and 2 were done half on the machine and half by hand.  Double click on the pic to enlarge it. Can you tell which is which?

Enough of sounding like a paid ad for Inklingo!  In no way have I been financially influenced to provide a positive opinion.  I'm just a really happy piecer that is THRILLED with how my blocks are coming together.  I know lots of you folks can achieve these kind of results without 'assistance', but I need all the help I can get.  

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my Kaleidoscope Stars.  Your support is greatly appreciated. For anyone who may have wondered, these stars are made with 60 degree diamonds that finish 3 inches on a side.  There is a 6 inch ruler  pinned up in the pic for scale.

Gotta go!  DH is in the crawl space under the kitchen running new electric lines.  He has gotten really quiet...better go check on him.  Can't have him napping under the house.

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:31 PM | Locked

Max,  I still say those stars are to die for.  Guess I will have to look up inklingo.  I had signed up for the craftsy paper piecing class, but never looked at it yet.  So I didn't get into the one on QCA.  Sounds like that was a mistake.  Now I will just absolutely have to look up inklingo.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,040
Jo replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:39 PM | Locked

I quilted my Mystery Quilt # 9, I made it large enough for a California King bed.  9 hours to quilt, now need to sew on binding and start tacking it down.  I am going to give it to my oldest daughter for Christmas.  This is the last one for this year to get done then I can relax a little.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:45 PM | Locked

Max, that is great work with that "ugly" fabric. And you deserve that pat on the back you gave yourself. Great seeing you today at the shop.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 15,750
weezee56 replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 12:47 AM | Locked

Max your stars look great.

This is what I have been working on for the past couple of week. I watched a video from MSQC on a Scrabble quilt. I decided I liked the idea of a Crossword Quilt better. So I took all the names, DH, DD's, DS, and DGS's, SIL, BIL, their kids, grandkids. I even put the Across and Down clues at the bottom of the quilt. I think it came out good. I told my SIL about it and I needed to decide if I was going to keep it or give it away, and she told me she would love to have it.

These are the clues.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

What a cute idea, weezee! Love it! I'm sure they will too!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

Wow, Brigit-Carol - what a gorgeous quilt! Great job!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 7:01 AM | Locked

Haha Barbara - no more kids here - but I'm sure you could make them even better! The first one is 'Blurred Lines' by Cozy Quilts. You don't even need a pattern for that one. They have a YouTube demo and also the fabric requirements on their site so you can figure it out without spending 9 bucks for their pattern. The second one is a free pattern from Fabriquilt that I found on QCA called Indigo Blues. Both easy to make!!!

Page 116 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 114 115 116 117 118 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use